Chef CVE612

Chef CVE612 Questions & Answers

CVE612SA (Stainless Steel), CVE612WA (White)
Listing monitored by Chef Cooking

8 questions from our users

Kim.N
Kim.Nasked
CVE612SA (Stainless Steel)

Bought new but the timer does not ring or alarm when at 0. How are you supposed to know when time is up?

The Reviewer
The Reviewer

So you rang them for advice?

Joe C.
Joe C.asked
CVE612

Set the timer to cook a lasagne and came home to find timer off but oven still going and food burnt to a crisp. If its just a timer its useless if your not near the oven to hear it and i could set a timer on my phone to do the same job which I would hear as your phone is all ways with you for most people. Shouldn't it turn off the oven.

nic
nicasked
CVE612

How do I modulate the heat setting for the grill function? When I switch it on it only heats up to the highest level.

richard
richardasked
CVE612WA (White)

Hi.
i buy that oven yesterday and my question is the timer.
The timer should swich off the oven or is only the timer?.

Sewsoau

Hello Richard, I'm pretty sure that you are correct. I haven't cooked for a while to be sure but I don't think the timer switches the oven off. I had a basic Westinghouse that worked the way that you are suggesting. I like the Chef but the Westinghouse was more convenient for the off function.

Rod S.
Rod S.asked
CVE612WA (White)

Hi I had new oven installed aprox 4 weeks ago,it works well,I am just having issues with timer.the timer is barely audible and only a split second in duration.is this normal?

Sewsoau

Mine is like that as well only maybe a bit louder. I would have preferred a little louder and longer

Sharon R.
Sharon R.

I cant even hear mine and its doesnt switch the oven off

Carolyne
Carolyneasked
CVE612SA (Stainless Steel)

Hi...just heated up tea and the knobs and panel are hotter than the oven with a funny smell... Should this be happening?

The Punisher
The Punisher

I have the white model. The panel and knobs do get hot, but I wouldn't say they're hotter than the oven itself. And I've never experienced a funny smell.

SaraT
SaraTasked
CVE612SA (Stainless Steel)

Having issues with the fan on our oven (as is most of our estate) which has been making a horrible grinding noise. And have been given conflicting information. My rental agent says it's safe to keep using till the issue has been resolved. Others were advised it is dangerous. Are you able to shed some light on the situation?!

Beppoasked
CVE612SA (Stainless Steel)

Have just installed a CVE612. My question is - should the timer ring when time is up?
I have only tried the oven in defrost mode with the timer

Kate
Kate

sorry have not used the timer

and then turn it back to the time required e.g. 20