Cherub Baby Natriblend Steamer Blender CHSB001

Cherub Baby Natriblend Steamer Blender CHSB001

makes food preparation easier

I am totally in love with this product. With very little to no effort, bub's food is ready. It isn't too complicated to use and the buttons are very straightforward. Storing and cleaning is also not a problem. I also use this in cooking noodles, sauces and soup which is another plus.

Purchased in March 2019 for $199.99.

Noise Level
Safety

Finicky machine, needs a lot of patience to get working and requires too much maintenance

For a machine that is supposed to make it easier for mothers to make solid food, this steamer/blender is finicky to use and requires far too much maintenance to descale every 1-4 weeks. The instructions are not detailed enough so it requires a lot of trial and error to get the lids screwed tight and bits and pieces to line up on the machine. Otherwise, the machine refuses to work and you have to go back to tinkering again. I have only used this machine 4 times in the 3 weeks, I get the water symbol when I use it. You have to make sure to use boiled water, tip all the water out when done, clean all the pieces and then descale constantly. It's quite time intensive for a machine that is supposed to save time. I wouldn't recommend this and I suggest for those with a steamer and a hand blender, it will probably be quicker to get your purees that way.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Paulie, Thank you for taking the time to bring to our attention your experience with our steamer blender. We have taken your feedback on board as we're always looking at ways to improve our products. Descaling is required to maintain the unit and is very common in appliances like this, and using boiled water will reduce the frequency you'll need to descales. We would love to discuss this further with you, so please contact us via mail@cherubbaby.com.au or call (03)90051734. Many Thanks, Cherub Baby TeamThe issue is that every time I try to descale, I get the water symbol after less than 10 minutes. I then wait the 30mins, try again. Steaming one load of vegetables requires constantly troubleshooting and getting the water symbol.Hi Paulie, We're sorry for the inconvenience. Please see below instructions on how to lodge a warranty claim, 1. Click on link to our online Warranty/Returns form https://www.cherubbaby.com.au/warranty-returns/ 2. Complete all required areas ensuring you to provide us with as much information as possible regarding the problem. 3. Ensure the following docs have been attached; - Proof of purchase - Photos/Videos (if relevant) Additional photos can also be emailed to mail@cherubbaby.com.au We’ll make contact with you within 24 hours of receiving your warranty claim form. Kind regards, Cherub Baby team

Help me a lot

This product is awesome, now I can make a food for my baby so much easier, it's easy to clean and durable because I am using this every day, it's really fit for working mom who doesn't have much time to cook but still want to give a best food for her baby

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Makes life easy

I was hesitant in buying this at first as it is a bit pricey, but realised it worth totally worth it.
This has made my life so much easier.
The steam function is so quick and you can steam two different foods at once, then take out the steam basket, tip the food into the blender. The digital settings are really easy.
I am glad I read the instructions before I used it as there is a little tray underneath the product which holds a little lid that you put in the blender before blending as to stop food from entering the steaming hole.
I also purchased the cherub baby sterile food pouches, they are reusable and so easy to use, you can freeze and reheat the food you make.
Oh and I haven’t even used the sterilising function or the bottle warmer but I am sure they work awesome.
I am in love with this machine!

Date PurchasedSep 2018

had a nice experience

I won’t deny that the mixed reviews I found made me hesitant of buying this. I went to an expo to get this at 50$ less. It has been months since I bought this appliance and words are not enough to describe how awesome this is. It helped me in preparing and cooking purees, soups and other baby food. On top of that, I can sterilize lids, teats, spoons etc. all with no fuss. I think this is the appliance that I use more often in comparison to the toasters, coffee maker sitting on top of our kitchen counter.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

A Fancy Product but worthless

I purchased this steamer with high hopes and I am utterly disappointed. The water leaks every time after steaming. The jars are a little too big for making the baby purees. I have used it hardly 5-6 times and stopped as it was getting more messy and time consuming to make purees using Natriblend. The traditional way of using a steamer, hand-mixer and fork is much more easy and quick to whip up instant purees in 15 minutes. The concept of steamer and mixer in one is good but it's design is very poor and inefficient.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Hi Priya, We are so sorry to hear of the problems you had with your unit. I’ve searched our system but can find no record of you contacting us. It’s not normal for the steamer blender to leak and as you may see from other reviews customers overwhelmingly find the product convenient and easy to use. I believe this may have just needed some troubleshooting. We are more than happy to still help with your issue so by all means please contact us via our customer service portal on our website or call (03)90051734 Kind regards, Team Cherub Baby

Great product

Great product makes prepping my babies food really easy. Also easy to clean and compact so doesn’t take up a huge amount of space. I would recommend it for anyone who wants to make their own food. I haven’t used the bottle warmer function yet but all other features have been great

Date PurchasedApr 2018

can’t complain about the work it does for a mum like me

I feel like I could use this forever even the bub is all grown up. I was surprised that more than food preparation, it also helps me in heating up a few baby things such as teats, seals and cover! After using this, I realized all the baby things are perfectly heated and sterilized. I remembered cooking soups and sauces a few times with this one, all of them turned out to be perfectly fine. I think it is more than just than an appliance.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

I might use this until bub grows old.

It has been quite a smooth-sailing ride ever since I started using this except I should note one thing. The water droplet light would appear after about 18 mins and I thought the product was faulty. But after calling them I realized it means one of 2 things. Either the water chamber needs refilling or the unit needs descaling. I did both of these things and the issue stopped!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

a very happy mum

I purchased this item for my daughter when my grandson was born. I thought it would be handy for sterilizing bottles, teats etc as well as making baby food when he got older. She loves it. Said it was so much easier than the was she made the baby food for her daughter, she would strain or blend all her food. The Cherub baby Natriblend has been a god send to her, she says its the most used item in her kitchen now :) p.s.. it also makes great soup!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

easy to operate and assemble

This appliance is worth every cent. I’ve used it to make not just baby food but soup as well! It also can sterilize teats, pacifiers and baby bottles which I found really handy. I thought the price was really good as it was cheaper than Avent and did the same thing but more.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

appliance that does the work of many

I have read a few reviews of this product. I was underestimating it back then because I thought it can only work as a food-maker only but after some research, I was surprised that it can also work as a mini sterilizer for small baby things. I even made sauces and soups with this one. It’s my best kitchen companion.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

all-in-one appliance

I am so in love with this. It takes very little space from my kitchen counter and it can do so many things, I can make purees and sauces out of this one. Not only that, I can also use this as a sterilizer the bottles and teats.Ive been running all the parts through the dishwasher and so far so good!

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Can’t get enough of this

I once had a few appliances that sterilize baby bottles, warm and cook baby food. The appliances take so 4much space of the small kitchen counter I have. I never knew that one appliance can do all the work. I have a few bottles of the same brand and while I was browsing for more products I saw this. I immediately bought it and considering the price, I think this a good buy in comparison to buying all the appliances you need. It works perfectly fine, too but best of all it does the job of 3 different appliances in the 1.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Worth the price, totally in love with this one!

I love that this is an all-in-one appliance. It is very compact and can do many things in a short period of time. I used to have a cranky food processor before but when it got busted, I looked for a new appliance that would suit my needs and found this one. I love that I can make purees, soups and sauces. In addition, I also can sterilize small baby bottles and its accessories using this. Overall, I think this is worth the investment.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Hadn't even turned the machine on! Water Leaked EVERYWHERE

Unpacked it from the box, read instructions and began to fill the water compartment. All of sudden there was water all over my bench top and leaking from the machine! I emailed customer service to which they told me to fill out forms and attached pictures of receipt and image of fault. But we received the Cherub baby steamer/blender at our baby showers we don't have a receipt. It is a bit of a concern that a few people have had this issue and yet the company hasn't issued a product recall. With all the water coming out of the bottom of the machine, there is no way i will be switching it on at the power point.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Hi GrerR, So sorry to hear of this issue! This is an extremely rare problem and not normal at all. If you can please email us on mail@cherubbaby.com.au or call (03)90051734 and we'd be more than happy to look at how we can replace the unit.

Easy and fast to make baby food.

Pros:

- Love that it steams, blends but also sterilizes my baby bottles, so I never bought a separate sterilizer!
- I got it for about $50 less than the other major brands on Sale so the value is great
- I found a trick, there’s a tray underneath the blender that has a cap to be placed over the top of the jug. It lets you blend a larger quantity of food and so I was able to make 8 food pouches (meals) worth of food per batch.
- I loved being able to make different meals at the same time as it has 2 chambers for different food to steam simultaneously

Cons

- The food jug is now stained a little I think from the carrots or sweet potato, its like a light orange color. I haven’t been able to get it out but I guess its no different to some food storage containers that have the same thing.
- There are about 6 pieces to wash after counting the 2 food chambers, jug and blades. Not so bad and I just put them in the dishwasher.
- The steel blade had marks on it after I removed from the dishwasher which I had to scrub off.

Overall this blender is awesome and has made cooking baby food so easy!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Great steamer blender

This is a great steamer blender for baby food. I love that it's easy to use with minimal buttons to press, it will turn off by itself too so I don't have to wait around it. Only thing I don't like is that when you blend, food is flying everywhere inside so bits can go back into the hole where the steam comes out and that hole as well as the water reservoir is impossible to clean as it's part of the machine itself!

Date PurchasedMay 2016

It leaks!!

Got my Cherub baby Natriblend Dec 2016. Loved it initially due to ease of use. But after only a couple of uses, My unit keeps leaking when I use the steaming option. Whole benchtop will be soaked in water after each use. Pretty sure that is not meant to happen! Called customer service- very unhelpful!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Amazing purees

I love the purees I have been making with this steamer and blender. It's easy now for me to prepare vegetables into amazing purees for my kids and my entire family. I just place precut vegetables into the compartment to steam and then blend them into wonderful purees. No lumps just clear smooth and not watery puree. I heard this machine also helps sterilise bottles but I haven't done it yet as I use it exclusively for food.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Just bought around 2 weeks. the blend wont work. i check the blade, base. all in the right position. how can i fix it?

Hi, The steamer function is working just fine however the blend function is not working. I have ensured the blade is attached as instructed, lid and base are locked into place, yet nothing when I press the start button.

I have had this product for a few months now, no problems so far. I descaled the machine today, when I started using it afterwards, it keeps telling me there is no water but the water level is at the maximum. How do I fix the problem? Thank you.
Hi Linda, We’re sorry to hear about the problem you’ve encountered with your steamer blender. The good news is we’re able to provide you with some tips which we’re sure will solve the issue. Please see below information which we’re sure will solve the problem you’ve encountered. Firstly, check there is sufficient water in the water chamber because this symbol will appear if it runs dry. The other reason for this symbol appearing is to alert you that the water chamber needs to be descaled. Similar to a kettle or an iron, our Steamer Blender requires regular descaling to remove a build up of minerals on the Steamer Blender heat plate from the water. The concentration of minerals in tap water can vary from area to area and areas with a high concentration of minerals can result in minerals building up quite quickly. Mineral will also build up quickly if you use the Steamer Blender frequently. As a guide our Steamer Blender will require descaling between 1 to 4 weeks. Please see below instructions on how to descale your Steamer Blender. DESCALING INSTRUCTIONS: 1. Unplug the appliance 2. Pour 15ml citric acid and 150ml of water, or 100ml of white vinegar and 50ml water into the water chamber. 3. Close the water tank turning the lid clockwise and run the steaming cycle for 20 minutes. If the raindrop appears during the cycle, please restart the unit and try again. Aim to get the unit steaming for at least 10 minutes. 4. Leave the solution in the chamber for 30 minutes. 5. Pour out the solution and check for mineral build up. If still visible, please repeat steps 1 through to 4 again. 6. Rinse the chamber with pre-boiled water and empty. If the error continues to display after following the above instructions try descaling again using kettle cleaner (liquid or tablets). This can be purchased from your local super market. Our tests have found this product if more effective at removing mineral build up. Handy Hints – Use only pre-boiled water to fill the water chamber as there will be less minerals in the water. Also ensure the water chamber is dry when the Steamer Blender isn’t in use. Kind regards, LJ

Natriblend Steamer Blender CHSB001