3Chill Chest

285 reviews · Statistics

86% · 24632 · 11%

Durability
Portability
See the Best Outdoor Food & Drink Accessories in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

dan55522
dan55522WAPerth, WA5 posts

cardboard box is better

Im not dumb enough to actually buy this junk but i know someone who is and let me tell you folks you would be better off with a cardboard box!!

Dee
Dee

Crap item

Nothing about this item is true. It DOES NOT keep your items cold. Unless you put them in frozen, this cheap box does nothing. Even frozen, it will do exactly what any other cooler will do, defrost.

It was a waste of money.

June Hendler
June Hendler

Used it once and it was ok

I'm happy with it but it wasn't 5 star quality. I wouldn't buy it for any of my friends as it is not worth it. It is 2 star quality and I don't want to be contacted thank you

Sara
SaraNSWSydney, NSW3 posts

Great product

So far I have used it and not bad.. Haven't used it to take to picnics or the like.. So I haven't tried it for few hours or so.. Just the shopping but so far I like it..thanks

8thdwarf
8thdwarfWAPerth, WA

haven't had a chance to use it yet

seems ok but haven't actually used it yet . its nice and small and stacks away well. Although i am looking forward to using it in the near future. i bought two.

Doug
Doug

Works great

Can't wait until next summer to take to beach fishing. For now I leave it in car boot to use for shopping, gave 1 to a friend and she loves it

Christine
Christine

Great product

Great using it for shopping to keep the frozen foods frozen. Great for going to barbques with drinks. Very light easy to pack away. Keep it mostly in my car.

paula
paula3 posts

took it to do shopping on a very hot day, everything was still frozen hrs later !!!!

Will be using a lot more after the shopping trip, Fantastic !!!!!!! And will be recommending to all friends to get one and they wont be disappointed at all !!!!!!!

Not happy
Not happyVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts

Not as good as I thought

I don’t think it as good as you make it out to be. I thought it was good I think it good but I wouldn’t tell people to buy it.

Jammie
Jammie

Great present!

Bought one each for daughters and their husbands. They all say they are a great present. They keep them in their cars mainly for shopping trips. Both families enjoy outdoor picnics and camping so the chill chest is very handy for these occasions.

Stacy
Stacy

I recommend it

I tested it out with a frozen soup as I didn't have any ice cream. I put it in the chest with some drinks and lunch, I filled in the empty spaces with tea towels. I put the soup in at 11.30am and only by around 8.00pm later that night did the soup just start to defrost. I was surprised to be honest, I actually didn't expect it to stay frozen for that time. I have recommended it to the hospital staff as they waited all day for me to tell them if it really is as good as it's said to be.

old cow
old cowQLDWide Bay-Burnett, QLD2 posts

i use my chill chest every time i go shopping

i love my chilly chest it save me a lot of time when I'm doing my weekly shop. i wish i had of taking the offer 0f the second one for half price.

Tash
TashAdelaide

Going good :)

Very happy with the Chill Chest - keeps stuff cold or warm so it works in my books. Friends have commented at parties and they are impressed too. Happy :)

Peter
PeterVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts

Really good

Used only a couple of times so far but seems to work OK so far. I will have to try it out during summer but as I said so far going very well.

Margie
Margie3 posts

It's great when travelling between town and home - 4 hours

I used one freezer block to start, then filled the chest with cold food from the supermarket. Everything was still cold/frozen when I arrived home 4 hours later. I am very happy with the chest

Marg F
Marg F

Great for shopping on hot days

Our shopping days are long ,it allows our cold food to get home safe. Keeps food cold without power. Really I don't have any more to say about the box

Jaime
Jaime

Perfect, great buy

Happy customer. Have no problem with this product. Perfect for frozen and cold items straight form the supermarket. Make it home without an issue, of defrosting or heating items up.

Martyd
Martyd3 posts

Chill chest

Have not used it yet. Only got it 2 days ago also and it has been cool weather. So have not had the need to use it yet. Really it's to early to tell

Tolly
Tolly

The perfect black box

I like it for shopping. Good idea defrost fridge. Maybe alright for veg and fruit. We will learn as we go Get food out of freezer for next day meals

Retro Girl
Retro Girl

Great for defrosting the freezer

I used the Chill Chest the other day when I needed to defrost my freezer. I packed my frizev food into it and 6 hours later everything was still frozen... Even a tray of ice cubes and a tub of ice cream.

Kat
Kat

Excellent product

A very handy item to have. Works well and very handy for when i go shopping keeping all my cold items cold. Holds quiet alot so i don't have to rush home.

Teddy
TeddyWAPerth, WA2 posts

Think it was ok

Thought the drinks would have stayed colder than they did. We put them in the Chill Chest icy cold and when we went to have them of couple of hours later they had already started to get warm.

Jude
Jude

Perfect

I bought this mainly to use when defrosting the freezer. Food stays frozen for longer. It’s great that it folds flat for easy storage when not in use and away from the cat

Joy
JoyNSWSydney, NSW5 posts

Perfect

I love my chill chest,have used it for the last two picnics for my cricket club,kept the food and drinks cold as from 7am till 6pm when we packed everything away

anne
anneWAPerth, WA23 posts

Terrible

Brought 2, put icecream in it, trip one hour, it was like soup. How can people give it 5 stars??

Maybe if I put water blocks it may work but it is not advertised like that, just buy a $5.00 foam carton, it is the same thing and paint it black. My view terrible waste of your hard earned money on junk. Purchased from global shop.

Belle
Belle

Absolute crap

Everything went warm and ice cream defrosted. Wouldn’t waste my money on it again. It’s false advertising. The product shows the blue writing on the side which the one we got is an imitation to what we received.

Elaine
Elaine2 posts

Very handy

Was a bit dissappointed in the height of chill chest. Would not be able to put bottles of any height in it. It feels very flimsy and may chip easily

KerryYvelinesBullion, Yvelines13 posts

Look closely at the add

The mist you see when the lid is open is from dry ice. The hard ice cream is the result of dry ice. it does work if you add ice packs but don't rely it to keep frozen foods for any length of time. Put all of your cold shopping in it then try to carry it indoors

Kerry

It seems that all the positive reports are from Global Shop Direct employees and friends

Kim
KimNSWNorthern Region, NSW4 posts

Not recommended

My partner brought two of these from globe shop direct. And i put frozen meat in it and took it down to him 3 hrs away . Meat was totally defosted. I would like to Request a total refund thanks Kim

Darrell.c
Darrell.c

Perfect for shopping and outdoors

Very happy with this product where was it years ago best thing we have bought in years would have been handy over years gone by would recommend this to anyone worthwhile buying

Lyn W
Lyn W

Just love this product

Used the chill chest all over Easter just gone & it kept everything cold all day & it was so light to carry from the car to our destination. I used it today for putting cold groceries in it ,just keep it in the boot of the car, love it.

Tracie T
Tracie T2 posts

Very handy

The chill chest is extremely easy to use and convenient, the only negative is that I need to take out my cold and frozen grocery items out of my bag and place them into the chill chest.

Dave
DaveWAPerth, WA4 posts

Works really well

We have product that requires keeping at a reduced temperature as much as we can during deliveries. Found this to do the task really well. Recommend this unit to anyone looking for similar.

Brownie
Brownie

Best thing for the Outback

We live in central Australia and shop 4 hours away. The chill chest kept everything cold. It’s lightweight and easy to pack. We love it because it doesn’t take up much space in the back of the car.

Shell
Shell2 posts

Chillingly superb!

I am pleased with the chill chest, it works exactly how it states it would!... as I travel weekly away to my weekend getaway this product is perfect for me!..

TONY
TONY2 posts

Good

Keeps things cold. But needs a nudge with some ice blocks. Folds down for easy storage and makes the wife's shopping trips more convenient as we live a long way from any town.

Nikita
Nikita

Exactly what we thought it would be

We went on holidays which was a 5 hour drive. We used the chill chest for the frozen food and it was still frozen when we got there. We also tried it when we went for lunch. We put our hot food in the chill chest and kept it there until we were ready to eat. It was still hot. Enjoying our new chill chest

Splash
Splash

Fantastic

Great for when we go away keeps everything frozen. Being seniors it is easy to carry as well fits perfect in the back of our Navara very well done thanks

Farmlife
FarmlifeSouth Australia3 posts

It works

The chill chest works and holds a fair amount. I find the shape a little awkward to carry inside but the handle inserts are fine and the lightness makes up for it. I like the easy fold for my car. It would be great for drinks but l use it for shopping and commuting between farm and flat - 3 hrs. It means that I can stop longer on the way.

micheal
michealNSWSydney, NSW182 posts

ice cream still frozen after 3 hrs drinks still ice cold no need for messy ice I ended up buying another one & replace the esky. I mainly now use it for shopping

Extra Information