• Job Satisfaction
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (0) · No (1)

banter

banterSydney, NSW

Choose Someone Else

My last purchase of new carpet ended in the NSW Administrative Tribunal; an experience I was keen to avoid. So, after considerable research I decided on Choices Flooring and have spent over $7000 to carpet 3 bedrooms, a hallway and stairs.

Choices Flooring claim to be Australia’s most progressive retail floor coverings group. Well, if my experience is anything to go by, nothing could be further from the truth. Despite demanding payment in advance, this Company has been unable to provide an installation date. I have now been waiting 6 days and still nothing.

Lisa D.

Lisa D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Customer Service

I would like to highly recommend Geoff and the team at Choices in Mornington. I had an issue with my carpet that was quite unusual. Geoff and his team chased this up relentlessly with the manufacturer and ensured it was dealt with and replaced for me. It is uncommon these days to find companies who stand behind their products and value their customers so highly. I wouldn't go anywhere else for flooring. From in store service to the beautiful install and clean up, they have been superior to many other businesses we have dealt with. Amazing. Thank you so much.

Debbie H.

Debbie H.South East Queensland, QLD

Missold product and poorly installed with no one helping

Carpet was sold as 'pet proof' and now there are stains that do not remove.
No care instructions provided
Carpet coming loose at join with tiles - installed less than 12 months ago. Issue reported day after installation and still no rectification

Sue F.

Sue F.Wanniassa 2903, ACT

Great job all around

We purchased carpet from Choices in Fyshwick ACT. The in store service was excellent from informed staff who were also generous with samples. Wayne layed the carpet throughout the house in three stages and each time he was meticulous with attention to detail and even vacuumed when he was finished which was a very nice touch. Wayne was also punctual and polite.

Floor Types PurchasedCarpet

Went out of their way to help

1 year old bedroom carpets wrecked after a tenancy - stained, stank and limited time to replace before re-tenanting. Flooring to match the rest of the property was out of stock in Australia. Choices begged remaining stock from other stores and hiring workmen to make sure the job could be done on time with the right product. They went out of their way and I'm very grateful the next tenant won't have to suffer smelly carpet waiting for the next shipment to Australia.

Alexii

AlexiiSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Looks great.

We were very pleased with our dealings with Adam at Choice Flooring Goulburn. Friendly and useful advice in the shop. The price was competitive. Yesterday, the carpet layers, Andrew and Matt, were efficient and careful in moving our furniture around and later made sure they got it it all back correctly. They worked efficiently and displayed their skills as carpet layers so that the finished job looks excellent - indeed it was better done around doorways than our old carpet had been. Additionally they are friendly people to have in one's home. We recommend this business and these carpet layers.

Tamsin W.

Tamsin W.

$1,600 for a loose bit of lino

In February 2021 Choices flooring, Alexandria installed lino on my kitchen floor. They did not treat the rough surface of the current floor and just placed the lino on top of the existing floor without affixing it to the ground. Of course, the lino curls up and is collecting filth. When I raised it with them, they said the lino is not supposed to be affixed to the floor!

Appalled

AppalledGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fanbloodytastic ! Our new floor looks amazing !

We are so happy with our new floors . We had old tiles removed then replaced with modern robust new engineered flooring. They look and feel amazing. Thanks Choice flooring & team.

Pam

PamCanberra 2600, ACT

Great job, lovely plank flooring

Choices flooring, fyshwick came out, priced my kitchen job. Had a guy who could take the old slate flooring up at a good price. When my new kitchen was in, they came and installed my new flooring straight away.
Couldnt be happier!

Lyn Alexander

Lyn AlexanderSydney Surrounds, NSW

Erina Community Men's Shed office space

Thank you Jared from Choices Erina for your extremely kind donation of vinyl covering for our newly refurbished office space
The vinyl flooring looks fantastic and will suit our needs perfectly being a moderately heavy foot traffic area

Terrible customer service

We've used the tuggerah store before, with good results. This year, they quoted for bedroom carpets, roller blinds and laminated timber flooring. We accepted the quote and paid 50% = $5 000 deposit. Today we rang to arrange installation and were told the quote was a mistake "by the new girl" and the laminate flooring was to cost double the quote. We'd have negotiated a middle ground but unfortunately John laughed at us and hung up. Total order now cancelled by us and a refund awaited. The worst customer experience ever. Only 1 star because the review won't accept none .

Joanne

JoannePerth, WA

Don't waste your time

Steven H.

Steven H.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible policies around treatment of customers

They require full payment prior to doing any work. No flexibility around paying partly in advance and balance upon completion. Terrible relationship with customers and business acumen. Had to pull out of a quote I was happy to otherwise proceed with. Further they had to be chased up after providing a verbal quote and advised they'd lost the initial paperwork.

Robert and June Pitich

Robert and June PitichSydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent service and laying of carpet.

Just got five rooms laid with Evelation (colour Gorge ) carpet Jared Michael and the sales team were very professional.Paul and his team that laid the carpet were very professional clean and tidy in all aspects of the job.All in all could not fault the job from start to finish.Highly recommend this company and these three carpet layers.

SadGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointed

Sad

2/359 Nepean Hwy, Parkdale VIC 3195.

I'll be happy to supply you with the full story .

Milva Cater

Milva CaterGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So In Love With Our New Flooring..!!

Beyond thrilled with our Hybrid Flooring.
Rachel and the team at Ferntree Gully are so helpful, professional and supportive in every step of the process. Installed by Kristian who did an amazing job..!! Highly recommend and will definitely be back for all our other flooring needs.

Hutchy

Hutchy

Excellent service with laying of carpets

We were thrilled with the 2 carpet layers Jason and Caleb, the two Kiwis, who layed the
carpet today. Very professional and helpful. All furniture was moved back without a problem
Highly recommend this company and these two carpet layers.

Terrible customer experience

We visited the shop today to enquire about the carpets, we asked a few questions as we wanted to make sure we were going to be happy with our carpets. The sales boy was frustrated with the questions and started to be defensive and speak over us. When we wanted to book a measurement he advised that he likes to qualify people first. (By visual judgement) When i said excuse me? He advised he liked to make sure would were going to be able to pay the large amount for the carpet. I DID NOT book with this company for a quote. How rude.

ChrisBrisbane

Very happy with the end result of the vinyl flooring

The work men were on time and very professional. After they laid the cement overlay it had to be sanded and levelled before the vinyl planking could be laid. The worker's machine had problems so he got down and sanded it on his knees. We were very happy with the end result and felt it was value for money because we had another quote which was $1000 more. I would recommend Choices Flooring to anyone thinking of getting vinyl planks laid.

Choices FlooringChoices Flooring

Thanks for the review Chris? Are you able to tell us which Choices Fooring store is was in Brisbane so we can pass on your compliments?

Chris

Capalaba is the Choices store we used.

Paul and Wendy King

Paul and Wendy KingSydney Surrounds, NSW

Looks fantastic and easy to look after

We purchased our flooring and shutters from Jared and the team at Erina who were great to deal with from start to finish and nothing was a problem. Very happy

Floor Types PurchasedCarpet and Vinyl

Linda M.

Linda M.asked

Choices Flooring Laminate Flooring

Elements choice[look alike polished concrete)

Suzie L.

Suzie L.asked

Choices Flooring Carpet Flooring

Which type of dark carpet will be best for everyday use all through the home. We want it to last a long time, be easy to clean, & soft underfoot. Thanks.

Bev.asked

Choices Flooring

I had a floating floor installed last year by the local Choices shop and the installers did a beautiful job so naturally I went back to the same shop to arrange for vinyl flooring to be installed in my kitchen/dining area. However later that evening after the vinyl was installed I noticed a very small pice of the top layer of the vinyl was missing, about the size of a piece of confetti. My son also showed me where the installer had patched an area between the dining area and the living room. The vinyl was wide enough that this should not have needed to be done. I contacted the shop and the manager inspected the vinyl and agreed with me the whole floor needed to be replaced as the hole was a manufacturing problem. Since then he is now saying heavy furniture must have been dragged on the fllor but this did not happen plus the hole is very neat and does not have the look of a rip. He is saying the layer is a liar and is responsible. My contract is with the shop only. They have a contract with the supplier and the layer, not me. I have studied consumer law in an admin degree so know my rights. I want this matter settled to my satisfaction. Could you pleas give me a phone number too speak to someone please?

Trish
Trish

Hi Bev the only contact Number I had was the shop number so I can’t really help you sorry.

Bev.

I thought that the head office of Choices would have a phone number I could ring to discuss this problem. I understand the business I dealt with is a franchise so surely Head Office have some say in how each individual shop deals with customer complaints. I will take the matter further if this is not resolved.

Hi Bev,

Please advise which store location you were dealing with so we can get the store to contact you direct.

Kind Regards,