Chris Bell & Bells Removals

ElsieTasmania

Unprofessional company

Beau

BeauHobart, TAS

The worst move I have ever had!!

Tracey A.

Tracey A.Hobart, TAS

Yet another bad Bells experience.

Furniture Removalists

Find out how Chris Bell & Bells Removals compares to other Furniture Removalists

ecc

eccbrisbane

Moving from the mainland? Just buy new stuff.

To be honest, as some other interstate moves have said this was terrible service start to go. They wouldn't confirm a pickup date or a drop off date, took so many phone calls, never called back or followed up on anything they said they would. My stuff arrived dirty, including my bed and sofa so this was not worth it at all. Transit time was six weeks. I wanted to move my things from interstate mostly because I thought it was wasteful to buy new things for no reason, but in retrospect my advice for people moving to Hobart would be to buy stuff from a furniture/appliance company online and get them to deliver it the day after you arrive because this just made me stressed and depressed about the whole move.

Lauren

Lauren

AVOID

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY

AlyB

AlyBCygnet

Untrustworthy Cowboys

We moved our furniture from NSW to Tasmania. When we received our furniture at the other end, we found that they had damaged our bikes (pulled the break and gear wires) dented our fridge and washing machine. punched holes on our couches and left scuff marks and dents on our chars and tables. They also snapped the lid off our bin. Despite the fact that the people who delivered the furniture witnessed the damaged they refused to even apologise when we complained to the company and they denied it all. They even said the furniture was in the exact condition it was when uplifted, which is rubbish.
We chose them because they were cheaper than others however, it is clear there was a reason for it.

Very disappointing

We have moved house 4 times in the past 5 years with no mishaps. For this, our 5th move, we used bells to take approx 20 boxes and a few items of furniture from Queensland to Tasmania. 16 items were broken, including non-reflecting glass in two photo frames and a very expensive dining table was smashed.
When we contacted bells about the damage, they denied any responsibility because
1. We didn't take out insurance with them and
2. We failed to inform them within two days after the move.
So we are left with the bills - more than $1200.
I'd like to advise you all strenuously NOT to use this company, but I see a lot of their customers are very happy.

Unhappy customer

Unhappy customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very disappointing

We had no problem organising the move and our goods arrived on time however our dining table and lounge were damaged and although we bought their insurance we are still trying to get the items fixed or replaced.
This is now 3 months on from our move, countless emails later, being told that we need to source repairers and they would not recommend anyone that we could use. Shop around!!!

Furniture Removalists

Kez

Kez

Untrustworthy

Booked 2 months ahead to move 1 bedroom house from Sydney to Launceston. They rang 2 weeks prior to uplift to say they have no trucks in the area on that date and want to put it forward a week (Can't even give me an exact date for that). Notice given to landlord, he has other tenants moving in, utilities cut off on uplift! I rang the next day to cancel, and they wanted to "negotiate"! What? They suddenly have available trucks? Let down once, unable to trust they won't do it again. I am betting they took a more lucrative booking in favour of my small 1 bedroom house. Don't rely on them. Untrustworthy!

Worst customer service ever

Nicky K

Nicky K

I'm not sure what i paid, which is good as i got nothing...

One of the worst services ever paid for

This company was terrible. We used them for an interstate move. First of all the guy that picked up our things was two hours late, told us horror stories about other peoples moves and then when our stuff was delivered we had found all our fragile items crushed underneath heavy items, and some things missing. Follow up service from the company was almost non-existent. We spent a lot of time chasing them up only to be given the run around. The company could do with customer service training for its employees. Basically we paid for a service and all we got was missing and broken items and a could-care-less attitude from staff.

Bad customer service, bad complaint follow up, broken and missing items

See all Chris Bell & Bells Removals reviews