Christofle Australia

Christofle Australia

1.0 from 1 review

See the Best Kitchenware Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Shocking and Disrespectful Service

This is not a comment on Christofle products (which are wonderful) - but the service of the Australian Christofle distributor (Table Act).

Table Act own both the Christofle store in David Jones Sydney and their boutique in Double Bay (they in fact have an exclusive distribution in Australia & NZ).

We purchased a very expensive and beautiful decanter for our friends as their wedding gift. The service in David Jones was fantastic. They boxed and gift, but didn't have any Christofle ribbon left. Given that it is not just any gift, but one for a wedding, we wanted the wrapping & presentation to match the quality of the gift itself.

We drove to the Double Bay Christofle boutique (knowing that it was owned by the same people as the David Jones store) to see if they could provide us with some ribbon. We didn't think this would be an imposition given it is the same owners (does it matter if we purchased from their store in DJs or their store in Double Bay?), and that it is ultimately the presentation of their brand - a beautifully presented Christofle present markets their brand better than a badly presented present.

Further, we actually purchased an expensive gift (almost $1,000) - not a small item - (not to mention long term customers of Christofle) and thought they would be happy to give us a little bit of ribbon so we can make their present look beautiful for our friends.

To my absolute surprise and shock - I have never been treated so badly! And by the owner herself([name removed])! When I explained the situation she treated me as if I was a disgusting beggar in her store. She was so shockingly rude and just blatantly disrespectful. She almost reeled at the suggestion that she would give us a "free" ribbon! "She is not in the business of giving away ribbon!!" Apparently our purchase was not recognised unless it was bought at the Double Bay store. When I pointed out that isn't the David Jones store also her store? She agreed - and then cut up some ribbon and literally threw it on the floor at my feet! She then turned on her heels and walked away...as if now I am dismissed.

I am just aghast at this treatment and service. We are long term customers who purchased a quality product - as a wedding gift - from her very own store! And all we inquired about was a ribbon, which would have been provided for us anyway at DJ's should they not have run out! It is absolutely shocking! I was treated as something foul and disgusting. She wouldn't even hand me the ribbon to my hands but threw it at the floor! Who does that? To your own customers!?

Not one for posting online but I really felt this story must be shared. It is absolutely shocking!

P.S. The silver lining is that we now purchase directly from Europe, and surprisingly at better prices! Through this experience we discovered that Table Act's mark-ups are considerably higher than going direct. Must be the Australian higher cost of doing business eating into her margins - perhaps that is why she doesn't give any ribbon!

Shockingly rude and disrespectful service