Chromagen Australia

Chromagen Australia

See the Best Appliance Brands in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

No contact no product no service

After paying a deposit for a hot water service installation. 10 weeks later won’t return emails, won’t provide potential installation date or reason for delay. Won’t reply to requests for a refund

Poor Customer Service and Product

Chromagens Warranty Back up on service is nearly NON existent. As a building company we have changed suppliers, as Chromagens Evacuated Tube Solar units Would NOT works as meant to and No warranty as we are a rural area .The worst customer service ever - Please do not use them

Val

ValSouth East Queensland, QLD

Appalling Product, Appalling Service. Challenging Staff and Installers.

Alana

Never go for it!

Dissappinted

DissappintedSouth West, WA

Chromagen solar rip-off!

Purchased 300lt Chromagen Solar 31/12/2013. Water tank assessed as not repairable by local supplier a week ago. Six months out of warranty! A quality solar hot water system should last at least 10 years according to my research. The local supplier approached Chromagen and was advised that no compensation for short life would be offered. Do not buy this solar hot water system. Our local supplier no longer offers this product.

Daniel C.

Daniel C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very good

I have had their Midea Heat Pump installed at an investment property and it's very good tenants are very happy with their savings. The whole process was without a fault from start to finish.

I want to provide balance.

workshopper

workshopperGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unreliable and expensive to fix

BRUCE

BRUCEVictoria

solar EV system 4.8 kw

Purchase a 4.8kw solar system paid for in December 2018 still waiting 4 month later
This business will not contact you very hard to communicate with looks like there stolen my money 5000 dollars out pocket saved for years
i not happy with this company should be shut down

Jim_Dude

Jim_DudeAU

Disappointingly faulty product, lack of support

We moved into a house that is only three years old. The hot water system is not working properly. Called Chromagen - advised it would cost $187 just to come and look at it, and that nothing would be covered by warranty, even though various things on their website say parts of the system are covered for 5 years. Private plumber will at least give a quote before charging. $187 just to look at the problem - not even to fix or a give a quote - that's a bloody joke.

Andrew Tiley

Andrew TileyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Outstanding Customer Service and outstanding product

Our house was built in 2014 and we have a solar hot water with a gas booster. After 3 years we replaced the frost valve, which was not a fault of Chromagen but a fault of the builder installing a cheap inferior part.
This year we had a issue with our hot water Chromagen came out and replaced a fault sensor and they waived the call out fee because we had them out in the last 12 months.

The Chromagen solar hot water is cheap to run and is reliable, the service technicians are on time and they are friendly, you do not find this level of customer service in any other trades.

Chromagen went above and beyond and i cannot recommend them enough

200 lot heat pump hot water

Their customer service is non existant, their warranties does not exist they send plumbers instead of electrician they do not want to know you after the sales and would never refer them to anyone except my worst enemy.

Jo1981

Jo1981Sydney

Absolutely useless piece of junk!!!!

We bought a house 4 years ago which was 6 months old at the time. Unfortunately either the original owners or Coral homes decided to put a Chromagen solar water heater in. We have had nothing but problems since moving into the house 14 months ago. We have had to replace the tempering valve and the relief valve (naturally out of warranty) and currently on hot days we have the relief valve pouring boiling water down the drain multiple times a week!! This junk system wastes more water than our family actually uses!! When I’ve called customer service they assure me it’s normal but I can guarantee that it’s NOT normal for so much water to be wasted multiple times per week! Avoid at all costs!!

Chunk

ChunkWangandary

Do not use. They are incompetent buffoons

customerX

customerXClyde North, Vic

Chromagen Australia - TERRIBLE

Terrible customer service. Very rude staff - I spoke to two separate individuals from the customer service team to organise a warranty repair to Eternity Gas Continuous Flow water heater. Both agents were rude and made sarcastic comments. This is a reflection of the company culture. Unprofessionalism is in the DNA of the company.

GeorgeK

GeorgeKGoldcoast

This is worst serving company for Solar Panels

Issue was that Solar Power AC output was not working.
I rang then about 20 times and emailed them about a dozen times.
They sent me an Invoice for over $ 6700 even without the technician visiting the site. They assumed the inverter is dead.
They installed a inverter that did NOT give me any warranty for over 2 yrs.
MONEY MONEY MONEY that all they want. I waited for 3 weeks without any help.
Be VERY CAREFUL and DO NOT FALL INTO THEIR TRAP.
The problem was finally solves forJUST $88 !!! with a local Solar Panel Electrician. The inverter is still functioning.
I saved over $7000 including GST.
Planning to install another 5 KV panels with that money !! by the same fellow BUT NOT chromogen.

Michael Michell

Michael MichellAdelaide

Replacement tank lasted less than 4 years

300 litre solar replacement tank lasted less than 4 years. This was a warranty replacement and didn't even last the 5 years warranty currently offered by Chromagen. Chromagen offered a discount replacement which was more expensive than buying off the self.

Junk

The solar hot water system is pure junk, had the units replaced under warranty, two times. Last replacement were heat tube type panels, guess what ?? both panels taken off the roof six months apart coz of leaking. They were out of warranty. The money saved on electricity was paid to local plumbers and electricians. Would not recommend Chromagen even to a politician.

Dasher109

Dasher109Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

I agree with one of the other comments, I can't give less than one star.

Absolutely hopeless.
No back up support, crappy product, you cannot make contact with them, and when/if you can, they don't want to know you! unless of course they want your money.
Seriously, this company has no integrity whatsoever, and sells very poor quality products, and relies on the government rebates.
I can't understand how they have avoided consumer affairs?