Chromecast Audio

Chromecast Audio

MPN: KHCHRCABLKAU
See the Best Networked Media Players in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Google? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.3
Vossy
VossyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good WHEN it decides to work... ultimately very annoying.

Sounds good when working but so regularly have re set it up as it just dissapears from device selection. This can be a painful experience....and has just occurred for the last time. I just ripped it out of my stereo in a rage and smashed it on the bathroom floor! I will now go and have a smoke and put a cd on!

Purchased in January 2019 for $50.

DavidN
DavidNGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

End of Chromecast Audio is bad news for audiophiles

Purchased in August 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $59.

Dreadfully unreliable!!! Avoid!

I have two and they’re both completely useless because they’re forever dropping the audio, skipping, asking weird sounds... useless crap. Shame because normal chromecast is awesome. I’ve had to go back to a wired connection to avoid going crazy. more words because i have to have 50 to submit my review - wth is that all about?

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
KERR
KERR

Beware of the marketing...

The device itself is fine, it's what Google doesn't tell you that annoys me. I bought one assuming I could stream basically any audio to it. Unfortunately, it's very limited.
- You can only use specific apps on your phone (eg spotify, google play music). You can't officially cast your own MP3s! There's an app for Android called LocalCast that can do it but it's really flaky and it drops out
- You can't cast from a PC. I wanted to cast my itunes library but no dice. There's a Windows tool that can help but I haven't had much luck with it

A few mates told me they returned theirs once they found out how limited it was... I still use mine daily, just not as I hoped.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Networked Media Players

Find out how Chromecast Audio compares to other Networked Media Players

Michael
MichaelAshgrove

Another miss from a company pretending to know something about home automation

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Climbingweasel
ClimbingweaselGeelong

Mostly works well

This device works well most of the time. It turns a regular speaker into a Sonos styled music speaker.i mostly use it to stream Spotify which is where problems occur. We often have music dropping out sporadically when we have to many devices over the network. It is hard to solve the problem.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
T C
T CSydney

Nothing super special but does the job.

If you have a home audio device or setup that has a 3.5 mm audio jack and you want to use Google cast to send music to it from a device using Google cast then this is the right device for you. Spotify and multi room audio so works with this.

Date PurchasedDec 2017