Chromecast Audio

Chromecast Audio

MPN: KHCHRCABLKAU
See the Best Networked Media Players in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Google? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.3
Vossy
VossyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good WHEN it decides to work... ultimately very annoying.

Sounds good when working but so regularly have re set it up as it just dissapears from device selection. This can be a painful experience....and has just occurred for the last time. I just ripped it out of my stereo in a rage and smashed it on the bathroom floor! I will now go and have a smoke and put a cd on!

Purchased in January 2019 for $50.

Dreadfully unreliable!!! Avoid!

I have two and they’re both completely useless because they’re forever dropping the audio, skipping, asking weird sounds... useless crap. Shame because normal chromecast is awesome. I’ve had to go back to a wired connection to avoid going crazy. more words because i have to have 50 to submit my review - wth is that all about?

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

Today I purchased chromecast audio to solve my multiple input problem.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Michael
MichaelAshgrove

Another miss from a company pretending to know something about home automation

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Networked Media Players

Find out how Chromecast Audio compares to other Networked Media Players

Steve-gee
Steve-geeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A totally awesome piece of hardware - chosen for listening to Spotify streaming audio

Date PurchasedJan 2018
youknowwhoiam
youknowwhoiamVictoria, 3041

Great device!

I hooked the Chromecast audio up to my Receiver with an RCA cable adapter/converter and it works great, sound output is perfect, there's not a lot to say it just works. I can now control it with my "Google Home" to play tunes from Google play music I've uploaded with requesting my playlists, not a verified purchase purely because I threw the receipt out (ooops!)

Date PurchasedAug 2017
kensomark
kensomark

Very pleased

I bought the Chromecast audio to replace a bluetooth adapter on our excellent Yamaha stereo. I'd read in reviews that the sound quality was superior to Bluetooth. They weren't wrong! It's like playing a CD (not a vinyl...nothing sounds as good as vinyl). Easy to set up and so impressed I went and bought a Chromecast for the TV.

Date PurchasedAug 2017