Chromecast Audio

Chromecast Audio

MPN: KHCHRCABLKAU
See the Best Networked Media Players in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Google? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.3
Andrew
AndrewCentral Queensland, QLD

Easiest and Cheapest Way To Achieve Multi Room Audio

The Chromecast Audio is a cheap and simply way to achieve Multi Room Audio, without having to buy new amplifiers / speakers etc. There are many other devices that do a similar job as this does, but not at this price point!

Streaming audio to multiple speakers can now be done for a reasonable price, and at a reasonable quality. Granted, it would have been great to have Fibre-Optic / Bluetooth and all of the nice to haves, but that would have obviously impacted the final price.

Of course, it integrates with all of the other Google infrastructure (Google Home / Chromecast Video) and it all just works.

This is definitely aimed at the cheap and simple end of the market, and it nails it.

Purchased in February 2018 at Harvey Norman for $55.00.

Swanny
SwannyBrisbane

Cheapest way to get multiroom audio

I do wish it was a little cheaper as paying around $50 per device per room can get expensive quickly, but it is still cheaper for a solution for multiroom audio. It does only work over wifi which can be a bit limiting but I don't see it as too much of an issue. I've got two of these and it works great!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Theo Quaak
Theo Quaakasked

I want to connect my older CD divice to my Bose Home speaker 500. The advice from the store where I bought the Bose 500 was that ik can connect it by using the Chromecast Audio. However after I connect it, it is not working. Any help?

CategoryNetworked Media Players