Google Chromecast Ultra

Google Chromecast Ultra

MPN: GA3A00414A09
See the Best Networked Media Players in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Google? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.3
Kristy
KristyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect streamer !

Brought the google chrome cast ultra to stream kids shows onto the non smart Tv in 2nd lounge room, works absolutely amazing from my iPhone to tv.
Can stop and pause when necessary for kids !
No issues

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for $99.00.

Nigel Ng
Nigel Ng

Creating Much Convenience

Chromecast has created so much convenience for video-streaming and audio-streaming. If you do not have a smartTV, you can easily stream YouTube / Netflix on your TV by having the Chromecast plugged into your TV (through the USB port).

Purchased in December 2018.

Jake M.
Jake M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect for casting to your TV.

I purchased a Google Chromecast originally just for my iPhone. To which i learn it isn't really well suited for it, so I do wish in the future they would be able to cast over many iPhone apps.

But after getting a google nest mini, the chromecast has been brought back to life. It can turn my tv on and off, it will cast anything I tell the google nest mini to. It's honestly the perfect addition to any google smart home.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $98.00.

Craig
CraigIllawarra, NSW

Easy to setup and use with Iphone

I bought this from JB Hi Fi and connected to my new Samsung Smart TV.

This particular TV doesn't really need any more features, but the chromecast works perfectly with apps such as Kayo Sports and Apple TV. This TV without chromecast will not allow me to use Kayo. So Chromecast can still add value to an otherwise new and highly featured TV.

Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $59.00.

Networked Media Players

Find out how Google Chromecast Ultra compares to other Networked Media Players

csongs
csongsAU

Simple and reasonably priced streaming option

It was pretty straight forward and simple to set up. We just plugged it into the tv's HDMI port and into power and then followed the prompts to get the Google home app for the phone. It’s just a matter then of finding the apps we wanted to have ‘cast’ to the tv. Whilst it all works pretty well, I do miss having a dedicated remote. It’s a nuisance having to unlock my phone and find the app to pause the program or to turn up the volume. There is a widget that is supposed to be available on the home screen but that doesn’t always work. However, for the price, I shouldn’t complain and it does everything it’s supposed to.

Date PurchasedApr 2018