Google Chromecast Ultra

Google Chromecast Ultra

MPN: GA3A00414A09
See the Best Networked Media Players in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Google? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.3
Russell Muller
Russell MullerSydney, NSW

I wasn't sure this was going to work

I looked around at different options to get Internet TV to my small second TV. You cant buy small smart TVs so I wanted to turn my small TV in the bedroom into a smart TV.
I spoke to a woman at JB HiFi who advised the Google Chromecast was what I needed and to buy the one with a remote control. This way I did not need to use my phone to operate it. I bought and easily installed it to a HDMI socket on the TV and it works really well and simply. Just set up the internet connection on the TV using the Chrome cast and I can watch Netflix, ABC Iview and everything else I can on my smart TV. Its a winner!

Purchased in July 2021 at JB Hi-Fi for $99.00.

Geoff
GeoffDarling Downs, QLD

Top quality caster

Ultra arrived today, setup took about 5 minutes and the hardest part was getting the hdmi plug into the back of a wall mounted tv. Quality of picture can’t be faulted

Purchased in March 2021 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $79.00.

Brad
BradSydney, NSW

Awesome product

After messing around with so many different options over the cheers its great to have a product that just works. And its relatively cheap too. Casting from your phone is straightforward (which is how I do it), but you can also do it from any chrome browser on the network if you know how to do it.

It is reliant upon your internet for things like Netflix though, so bare that in mind if your internet provider is rubbish like mine is.

Purchased in July 2020 at Google Store for $59.00.

James
JamesPerth, WA

This is worth a review

I have recently purchased this from JBHIFI and love it. It does what it says no problem at all streams from your phone in full hd 4k. Can't recommend it enough.

Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $98.00.

GGG8487
GGG8487Sydney, NSW

Ethernet port is awesome

Use this almost daily. I one of the best features for me is that having it plugged into the router via ethernet means I can stream things from my PC, which does not have a Wi-Fi connection. For example, I can play a movie through VLC and have it cast to the TV. One it's casting, you can pause or skip through it using your phone like normal.

Purchased in June 2017 at Officeworks Online store for $80.00.

Casey and Fatty
Casey and FattyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cant live without it now!

Brought my Chromecast 3 days ago and I can't remember what I did beforehand now! So easy to set up and activate on my phone and TV. Love the personal touch of the screen saver too.

Purchased in April 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $80.00.

Hayley
HayleySouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect for casting kid shows from your phone to the tv

I bought this originally to cast the kids shows from my phone to the tv but oh my god it can do so much more so worth it in my option.

Purchased in November 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $49.00.

Degree4Display
Degree4DisplaySydney, NSW

Excellent product love it

This is a simple solution for watching Netflix or FOXTEL of YouTube! Simply sync with your phone and watch on your tv! Have even taught my 70 year old Father in Law how to use it!
Great value for money buy!!!
Just wish it was compatible with Apple apps

Luke E.
Luke E.

Works perfectly

Bought one to use with my kayo subscription, have not had a single issue for the whole football season, very happy with the product, picture is good and never buffers

Purchased in February 2019 for $99.00.

Sandra
SandraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great device and well priced

We purchased our Chrome cast from Myer, which was recommended as we didn’t have a smart tv. It’s been fantastic we can stream our favourite movies. The device was easy to install as well. Great product and well priced.

Purchased in August 2019 at Myer for $59.00.

Sharee Parker
Sharee ParkerLaunceston, TAS

Best Birthday Present Ever!

The Google Chromecast has changed the way we watch TV. We can stream all our favourite TV shows and movies simply and easily from the couch using our phones. Perfect!

Danni
DanniGippsland, VIC

Does exactly what we wanted for an excellent price!

We recently purchased our chrome cast as the TV we have in our bedroom isn't the smartest smart TV so we weren't getting the most out of it. Chromecast has definitely filled the void for us. Setup was so easy and it's easy to use! No missing remotes as it's connected through your phone. We researched different streaming devices and this one is by far the best for the price tag!

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman for $59.99.

dunbro
dunbroSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't live without device

Great device to assist in streaming either from websites, hard drives, or streaming video apps. Extremely easy to set-up its almost plug and play, you might need some minor editing of your router config if you have basic security in place. Can't recommend it enough, it's a must have.

Purchased in May 2017 for $49.00.

Denise
DeniseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best thing ever

Just purchased Google Chromecast and absolutely love it. I already have Google home and have just purchased Chromecast for my bedroom. Downloaded the app for my phone which now works as a remote control. So easy to use and loving the compact design which stays out of view.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Another Customer
Another CustomerPerth, WA

Great device!
Works well without any issues.
I went with Ultra because it has ethernet port unlike the normal google casting device.
As WIFI can be really annoying sometime.
Wish if its bit cheaper but we can't control prices.

Purchased in May 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $99.00.