CHU (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Strata & Property Management Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Deb

DebSeven Hills

Claim

Sent claim yesterday and this morning received details that it was approved with payment details to be EFT, keep this up never received so quick

Fastest Claim I have had

I could not believe how quickly and efficiently this claim was settled. First & Finals are great and this is the quickest one I've had from any insurer in a long time.

Room for Improvement

My claim was submitted on the 23rd October 2018, then full settlement offered 24th October 2018, which was exceptional service. I was asked for my EFT details which would fast track payment. Unfortunately, it took another 14 days for the payment to finally hit my account.

Excellent and Fast Serivce

Alonso helped me urgently with this claim, lodged it immediately, had it reviewed and paid all in one day.

Thank you so much for your help!

Poor

Poor lazy do not get back to me aggressive trying to make me pay thousands in unrelated works before they would fix a ceiling. Reports conflicted with each other. Plumber and engineer s report. Poor poor cost us thousands in lost rent waiting.

copyright

copyrightSydney

Another case for The Royal Commission

Appalling Standard of Customer Service

With errors effecting our strata policy, caused by themselves, they refuse to rectify and after escalating to senior customer service level, they again refuse. The obvious here is you get what you pay for, goodness knows how unprofessionally they would handle a claim, will be cancelling and insuring with another provider.

ash

ashsmithton, tasmania, 7330

wont fix the roof after a flood

Kat

KatAU

Worst experience ever

Eight months for CHU to reject my claim. No updates unless I nagged my Strata manager to contact them. Terrible customer service. Rejected claim on the basis of 'reactive soil'. Lisa Brookes was the Adjuster. Stay well clear! Taking them to the Ombudsman.

Lisa

LisaMelbourne

Shame on you CHU Shame on You

Have a unit insured for over 30 years with CHU. Never put in a claim. I had a bedroom roof fall down and CHU were able to conveniently use their PDS to decline the claim due to what they deemed as inadequate fittings and say they will not pay for defective or faulty material or workmanship!

With no obvious signs of a problem, the roof colapse could not have been predicted otherwise certainly would have been rectified. This is unfair CHU. You certainly wont be getting my vote at our next AGM.

kristin

kristin

Very satisfied

I’d like to thank Jackie for all the assistance towards my building insurance, she was fantastic from start to finish, the process once she took over ran smoothly and was complete in 3 weeks with no dramas once we got the ball rolling, definitely a worker they want to keep

Outstanding

OutstandingAdelaide

Very Unprofessional insurance company

Had a wall air-condition that has died, called to make a claim they said they just pay for motor. Although I knew these units are coming as a whole and are not like split system I took their word for it and started calling around. No one had heard about changing a motor on a wall unit. Even the company was very clear that these units do not get touched outside the factory specially the motor. I have asked them to put it in writing to go to consumer affairs.

rejected claim "common practice"

Once again given the go around they rejected claim caused to my ski that was done on starta property insured by CHU all water corporations pointed squarely at CHU being responsible and accountable under public liability. However they refused claim God help us if you are injured and the insurer is CHU.
this is the insurer from hell you only see in the movies.
Claims staff are rude and arrogant do not consider the stress people are under when making a claim. Greedy corporations who over promise and under deliver.

CHU denied claim

CHU was very fast at rejecting my claim

I lodged a water damage claim for a burst hot water system which CHU rejected really quickly. Unfortunately CHU appears to outsource its assessing function and we seem to keep getting the same assessor for our body corporate claims. Despite photos showing water damage they rejected the claim. As the water damage needed urgent repair I went ahead and paid for the repairs myself. I am going to appeal. I do not rate CHU very well.

Worst experience with an insurance claims

Claimed malicious damages done by a tenant back in March, 2017 and still waiting for repair work to finish and rent loss reimbursement after 6 months. Assessor tried to charge 4 times excess ($4000) for 1 malicious claim. Had to go through QBE (underwriter) for disputes, then FOS. Watch out! Scammer of the insurance industries.

Service Level Agreements (SLAs) Insurance industry claims

Our recent review of a claim with CHU indicates that they failed to meet any reasonable SLAs, the problem seems to be they cannot keep operations staff, especially on the claims side. They use the dodgiest cabinet makers to quote on work and want their claimants (aka their Customers) to accept substandard work while hiding behind their PDS.
A fair indication of a company in decline beset by management problems.

CHU incompetence

I'm going into dispute with CHU, they have had assessors reports overturned, or minimised, their nominated contractors builder have made mistakes, and not listened or respected my rights as an owner. I am being bullied to finalise a claim I am disputing due to poor assessing and expensive and incompetent contractors.
They certainly aren't in the business of looking after their customers.

HermesManMelbourne

Biggest scams of all time - Yes that is CHU Insurance offering 24 HRS REFUND

While we are waiting for our re-funds from past 09th April ...not only CHU preferred incompetent Accessor from ADJUSTING.com.au keep promising us this refund everyday but he is so CLUELESS & HOPELESS that he can't even organise a property for us for past 2 weeks & for next 4 weeks = 6 Weeks, Hence we out of pocket accommodation expense of $12,000 + stress of finding our own accommodations.

WORST Insurance Company Ever.

HermesMan

Our claim was submitted on 10th April & we are still waiting for our REFUND from CHU Insurance Company

Mingming

MingmingSydney

Short notice from CHU

Our policy was expired on 27/02/2017. CHU issued invoice for renewal on 15/02/2017, only 12 days before the expired date. Our V.J.Ray Pty Ltd Strata manager paid the premium next day without gave us 3 quotes.

Leonie

Leonieasked

Our Owners Corp has a bit of a cash flow problem. Is it possible to make quarterly payments?

Kerrie47
Kerrie47

I don't know sorry, we didn't go ahead and renew our policy with them as they were $500 more expensive. They rang me and tried to keep us but couldn't come close to bringing the price down.

Chris Jasked

I would like to know who can answer the questions I put to Terry Topping 2 weeks ago regarding policy number HU0013933. BCS Cairns refuses to explain so I have to ask you. Chris Jones

frank s.CHU

Hi Chris, Terry is on leave at the moment so apologies for not getting back to you. Could you please call me directly on 07 3135 7913 and I will personally assist you. Lindsay, CHU Underwriting Manager.

Chris J

Hi Lindsay, I hope you can communicate with me by email. I am a laryngetomee and speech is difficult and tiring for me. It can be hard to understand me. I can forward to you the email I sent Terry if you wish

frank s.CHU

Hi Chris, thats fine, pls send through. Thanks. Lindsay

tony tran

tony tranasked

Hi do you guy cover wood panels on a townhouse outside ?

Get an answer from our members and CHU representatives