Chubb Insurance
See the Best Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Chubb Insurance

1.7
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (0) · No (1)
KDJ
KDJMornington

Excellent service - fully satisfied

I had to cancel a complex self-organised trip to South America due to a medical diagnosis.
The trip was covered through my complimentary AMEX card insurance benefit.
The claim was handled professionally and very quickly by Chubb, even to the extent of waiving the excess payment, because I handled the follow-ups with numerous providers (airlines, hotel booking agencies, tour companies for excursions etc.) myself and only claimed the remaining shortfalls after receiving refunds from them.
Well done, Chubb!

Matt
MattSydney

Insurance excess made my claim useless

Mine was not Life Insurance, nevertheless I had a disappointing outcome with Chubb Insurance. However, the processing of my claim was quite timely.

Long story short, my check-in luggage was damaged, made a claim however the policy excess (at $100) basically meant I get to claim nothing for compensation! Years ago I had made a damaged luggage claim with another insurance provider, much happier with that outcome!

Basically there are other better insurance companies out there, and pay attention to insurance excess which may render your claims useless.

Natasha
Natasha

Waste of money!!

Find out how Chubb Insurance compares to other Insurance

Chubb rates Zero for accurate information

skier
skier

great Advice!

Marla
MarlaAdelaide

Worst of the worst Insurance

They closed the claims without final resolution, I tried to call the customer service and the operator cannot explain more further for my inquiries, so I demanded to speak to a supervisor or manager of the team but he told me that theres no one is available, that sucks. anyway I won't recommend this company to my friends and relatives based on my experience I had with them.

Insurance claim madeYes

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
DeniceTasmania

Impossible claim criteria expectation

Denice

No comment nor private acknowledgement from chubb, even though i submitted a complaint to their feedback site!! Arrogance doesnit even come close to the attitude of this company. AVOID AVOID AVOID as i said before.

Kay
KayMannering Park

Chubb Travel Insurance - cancellation

We took our travel insurance with Australian Seniors underwitten by Chubb. Used the online option and claim was processed within 4 days. I then found due to a mistake by me during the claim. I had mistakenly left an Invoice off totalling $400 i emailed Chubb with a copy of Invoice and today received confirmation that this extra claim was being processed. Brilliant customer service.

Lana
LanaSydney, NSW

I have chubb insurance as part of my platinum amex - what a waste of money

I have had to make a travel insurance claim after returning from a holiday. The claim is for $400. The reams of paper work and reports that I have had to provide to Chubb is ridiculous. I am paying $1600 for an amex card that is meant to have the best insurance - chubb attached to it . I will never use Chubb again and will be cancelling my amex card. I am a founding amex card member and have been with them for over 40 years!

Frustrated waiting
Frustrated waitingMelbourne

Do not go near them.

Provided free, with AMEX platinium , not worth the paper its written on
No cover for laptop or any valuables that are damaged in your suitcase , eg you camera .
Disappointing that Amex are providing such an inferior policy to their Platinum customers.

Lyn Holland
Lyn Holland

Doesn't pay out

Tiger cancelled our flight one hour before departure because of "engineering difficulties". They could only offer a replacement flight two days later. When we chose not to take this offer, they refunded the one way basic flight (but not what we paid for checked in baggage). Chubb Insurance did not pay what we had paid for checked in baggage & nothing for the replacement flight on another carrier. Their reason? Because our policy only covered cancelled flights due to industrial disputes. Waste of money.

Gazluthier
Gazluthier

Very stressful due to lack of feedback

renee
reneeSydney

Travel insurance 2 seniors, 1 off travel insurance - overseas

Aust Medical Assist Line, very helpful.
Chubb insurance process, long winded and difficult claims dept personnel.
Despite the constant promise of the re-imbursement money going in the bank, it never happened according to their promises.
Everyday, some excuse !!!
Very rarely returned calls when messages left.
On my experience - I would recommend - DO NOT DEAL with these people.
p.s. from date of injury till receipt of payment approx 2 months, Not good enough Chubb!!!

TBHOODLE
TBHOODLEBrisbane

chubb travel insurance

I tried to make a small claim for $150 because i had to claim some medical expenses. They have an excess of $100, so i would only get $50 back - ok. However it too almost an hour to fill out their online form because it was very buggy, and in the end I uploaded the doctors receipt and the whole system crashed. I believe they do this to make claiming difficult so people give up.

OldHarry
OldHarrySydney, NSW

Read the PDS before you purchase (tired advice but still valid)

Insurance claim madeNo

Save your money and time!

Brad AU
Brad AUNewcastle

Life insurance joke

After paying life insurance forever, my father planned to support his wife after he passed.
However, Chubb has NOT made the process easy for my elderly mother. (81)
At least 5 contacts, "we will call you back today"... never happened.
The payment is now in the mail... only after the ombudsmen was mentioned!
A joke... holding on to claims as long as they can. Seek insurance elsewhere. Especially for the elderly

Ian
IanSydney, NSW

Excellent service

We used the Travel Insurance offered by American Express which is handled by Chubb (you must purchase your tickets with the Amex card). We had all the necessary documents ie proof of ownership, costs, Police report etc for a theft. The whole process was done online and was very easy. Correspondence via email was quick and so was payout (less the $250 excess). A very pleasing experience.

Excellent service from Chubb Travel Insurance

A few days after my partner and I took out insurance with Chubb on a big holiday, my partner's sister was diagnosed with an aggressive cancer and our cancellation costs came to just over $1000. Our claim included a statement from the doctor confirming a serious illness. Chubb asked for more details, which would have required the sister to sign a release. By that time she was so ill my partner couldn't bring herself to ask for it, We explained this to Chubb, and said that if that meant our claim couldn't proceed, then so be it. We were therefore very pleased and surprised when they paid out our claim without getting the extra documentation they had requested.

Jaye
Jaye

By far the worst service.

Very slow and unresponsive. I lodged a claim online and it takes on average a week to respond to each email. After two months a simple claim is still pending in review. I work in insurance and with chubb on a commercial scale and this is a very poor reflection on the company.

ina
inaport douglas

An unacceptable outcome

kin
kinsydney

Rubbish insurance

Dissatisfied customer

Made a claim on return from USA in April 2017, supplied all information required and paid excess on 21/5/17, had contact with them via phone and email. Was assured claim finalized!
Today is 12/8/17 and the people I stayed with in USA have had a visit from the collections depth of hospital looking for me, how embarrassing.
Chubb claim the original chq sent in July was returned incorrect address and they said they had contacted hospital for new address, also lies.
I contacted hospital is USA this morning no funds have been received and no contact from the insurance company.
So frustrating when no one can help you.
I would never take a policy with them again.

Insurance claim madeYes

Great Customer Service - Very caring staff.

My partner had a heart incident in Italy which resulted in him being in a coma for 6 weeks. Chubb were extremely helpful and empathetic. They called regularly to not only check how he was doing but to see how I was considering I was on my own far away from home. When I couldn't cope once he woke they provided 24 hr nursing assistance at the hospital. We were provided business class flights home & medical staff if we needed. They met all costs promptly. I would have been lost without them.

Insurance claim madeYes

Chubb insurance don't waste you're money

lindsay
lindsay

terrible holiday insurance

I made a claim on my holiday insurance with chubb through american express for a stolen suitcase. After 3 months of sending very long emails when they repeatedly asked for information I had already sent and were unhelpful on the phone I gave up on the claim and switched to my home insurance, who were brilliant and sorted the claim within a month. Do not recommending chubb unless you have a lot of time to spare and a lot of patience!!

Che C.
Che C.asked
Chubb Insurance

Has anyone had Professional Indemnity insurance dealings with Chubb?

They appear to take your money but never payout. I am scared that they will not stand behind their policy if something were to happen. This could send my business of 20 years and my family to the wall.

I pay nearly $8,000 per year to Chubb but now I am not sure. I think I will jump ship.

Rob Schaffer
Rob Schaffer

Make sure you do. They are grubs

Robert V.
Robert V.asked
Chubb Insurance

Hi, can anyone give me some insight to what chubb insurance is like regarding landlord insurance?

steveo4u
steveo4uasked
Chubb Insurance

After reading these reviews Im so worried that I made a mistake taking out a Business Amex Card that Chubb is the insurer.
I will now have to cancel my card as I definitely will not be using Chubb as an Insurer.
Pointless paying $450 a year for a Amex Business card with such awful reviews as this one.
Sure there a bad reviews with all insurers, but this one takes the cake.
Also, isnt there a rep here from Chubb?
Stupid question I guess as who would want to deal with all the complaints here.
Amex, wake up and find another insurrer otherwise your going to get a hell of cancellations ones they find about all the shocking feedbacks here.

Colin Hudson
Colin Hudson

All i can say is that my experience with CHUBB over the years has been shocking, for over 8 years they fought my claim for lost rental income and I could no longer fight them in court as the cost of bringing an action was too much$
2019 xmas claim made re-cancelled flight due to weather in Sydney. sent in all the receipts and letter from the airline etc, they came back and asked for more information again supplied, came back again and wanted me to contact the airline for more information re-cancelled flight, Finally i told them to stuff it and keep their dollars. My claim was only for $1200 , which was the cost of rebooking a new flight and loss of 1 night accommodation. Last week i received a cheque for the amount. Not recommended and pretty useless when attached to a credit card or charge card. my card was a centurian amex .

Get an answer from our members and Chubb Insurance representatives

Compare all 3 Chubb Insurance
CategoryInsurance and Business InsuranceInsurance and Home and Contents InsuranceInsurance and Life Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents, Life and TravelBusiness, Life and TravelHome and Contents, Life and Travel
Compare all 3 Chubb Insurance