1.7

• Claim Resolution Time1-2 months (1) and 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (0) · No (1)
Chubb

ChubbNorth Queensland, QLD

Waste of money

4 months after accident and still no result, still taking money off me .can't get pay ments to stop , ridiculous paper work to be completed, never have strait answers their a JOKE, stay away

Colin HudsonSydney, NSW

Amex Centurion member for over 35 years

Flight canceled due to weather at Sydney airport.
when i travel i use Amex Centurion Card, The complimentary Chubb insurance policy makes several claims but are basically hopeless and then question your claim several times requesting basic information that has previously been provided. Hopeless customer service.

Killara, NSW

Killara, NSWSydney, NSW

Buyer Beware!! Absolutely Useless Coverage! Total Waste of Money!!

KDJ

KDJMornington

Excellent service - fully satisfied

I had to cancel a complex self-organised trip to South America due to a medical diagnosis.
The trip was covered through my complimentary AMEX card insurance benefit.
The claim was handled professionally and very quickly by Chubb, even to the extent of waiving the excess payment, because I handled the follow-ups with numerous providers (airlines, hotel booking agencies, tour companies for excursions etc.) myself and only claimed the remaining shortfalls after receiving refunds from them.
Well done, Chubb!

Matt

MattSydney

Insurance excess made my claim useless

Mine was not Life Insurance, nevertheless I had a disappointing outcome with Chubb Insurance. However, the processing of my claim was quite timely.

Long story short, my check-in luggage was damaged, made a claim however the policy excess (at $100) basically meant I get to claim nothing for compensation! Years ago I had made a damaged luggage claim with another insurance provider, much happier with that outcome!

Basically there are other better insurance companies out there, and pay attention to insurance excess which may render your claims useless.

Natasha

Natasha

Waste of money!!

Insurance claim madeYes

Chubb rates Zero for accurate information

skier
skier

great Advice!

Marla

MarlaAdelaide

Worst of the worst Insurance

They closed the claims without final resolution, I tried to call the customer service and the operator cannot explain more further for my inquiries, so I demanded to speak to a supervisor or manager of the team but he told me that theres no one is available, that sucks. anyway I won't recommend this company to my friends and relatives based on my experience I had with them.

DeniceTasmania

Impossible claim criteria expectation

Insurance claim madeNo
Denice

No comment nor private acknowledgement from chubb, even though i submitted a complaint to their feedback site!! Arrogance doesnit even come close to the attitude of this company. AVOID AVOID AVOID as i said before.

Kay

KayMannering Park

Chubb Travel Insurance - cancellation

We took our travel insurance with Australian Seniors underwitten by Chubb. Used the online option and claim was processed within 4 days. I then found due to a mistake by me during the claim. I had mistakenly left an Invoice off totalling $400 i emailed Chubb with a copy of Invoice and today received confirmation that this extra claim was being processed. Brilliant customer service.

Lana

LanaSydney, NSW

I have chubb insurance as part of my platinum amex - what a waste of money

I have had to make a travel insurance claim after returning from a holiday. The claim is for $400. The reams of paper work and reports that I have had to provide to Chubb is ridiculous. I am paying $1600 for an amex card that is meant to have the best insurance - chubb attached to it . I will never use Chubb again and will be cancelling my amex card. I am a founding amex card member and have been with them for over 40 years!

Frustrated waiting

Frustrated waitingMelbourne

Do not go near them.

Provided free, with AMEX platinium , not worth the paper its written on
No cover for laptop or any valuables that are damaged in your suitcase , eg you camera .
Disappointing that Amex are providing such an inferior policy to their Platinum customers.

Lyn Holland

Lyn Holland

Doesn't pay out

Tiger cancelled our flight one hour before departure because of "engineering difficulties". They could only offer a replacement flight two days later. When we chose not to take this offer, they refunded the one way basic flight (but not what we paid for checked in baggage). Chubb Insurance did not pay what we had paid for checked in baggage & nothing for the replacement flight on another carrier. Their reason? Because our policy only covered cancelled flights due to industrial disputes. Waste of money.

Gazluthier

Gazluthier

Very stressful due to lack of feedback

renee

reneeSydney

Travel insurance 2 seniors, 1 off travel insurance - overseas

Aust Medical Assist Line, very helpful.
Chubb insurance process, long winded and difficult claims dept personnel.
Despite the constant promise of the re-imbursement money going in the bank, it never happened according to their promises.
Everyday, some excuse !!!
Very rarely returned calls when messages left.
On my experience - I would recommend - DO NOT DEAL with these people.
p.s. from date of injury till receipt of payment approx 2 months, Not good enough Chubb!!!

TBHOODLE

TBHOODLEBrisbane

chubb travel insurance

I tried to make a small claim for $150 because i had to claim some medical expenses. They have an excess of $100, so i would only get $50 back - ok. However it too almost an hour to fill out their online form because it was very buggy, and in the end I uploaded the doctors receipt and the whole system crashed. I believe they do this to make claiming difficult so people give up.

OldHarry

OldHarrySydney, NSW

Read the PDS before you purchase (tired advice but still valid)

Insurance claim madeNo

Save your money and time!

Brad AU

Brad AUNewcastle

Life insurance joke

After paying life insurance forever, my father planned to support his wife after he passed.
However, Chubb has NOT made the process easy for my elderly mother. (81)
At least 5 contacts, "we will call you back today"... never happened.
The payment is now in the mail... only after the ombudsmen was mentioned!
A joke... holding on to claims as long as they can. Seek insurance elsewhere. Especially for the elderly

Ian

IanSydney, NSW

Excellent service

We used the Travel Insurance offered by American Express which is handled by Chubb (you must purchase your tickets with the Amex card). We had all the necessary documents ie proof of ownership, costs, Police report etc for a theft. The whole process was done online and was very easy. Correspondence via email was quick and so was payout (less the $250 excess). A very pleasing experience.

Che C.

Che C.asked

Chubb Insurance

Has anyone had Professional Indemnity insurance dealings with Chubb?

They appear to take your money but never payout. I am scared that they will not stand behind their policy if something were to happen. This could send my business of 20 years and my family to the wall.

I pay nearly $8,000 per year to Chubb but now I am not sure. I think I will jump ship.

Rob Schaffer
Rob Schaffer

Make sure you do. They are grubs

Robert V.

Robert V.asked

Chubb Insurance

Hi, can anyone give me some insight to what chubb insurance is like regarding landlord insurance?

steveo4u

steveo4uasked

Chubb Insurance

After reading these reviews Im so worried that I made a mistake taking out a Business Amex Card that Chubb is the insurer.
I will now have to cancel my card as I definitely will not be using Chubb as an Insurer.
Pointless paying $450 a year for a Amex Business card with such awful reviews as this one.
Sure there a bad reviews with all insurers, but this one takes the cake.
Also, isnt there a rep here from Chubb?
Stupid question I guess as who would want to deal with all the complaints here.
Amex, wake up and find another insurrer otherwise your going to get a hell of cancellations ones they find about all the shocking feedbacks here.

Colin Hudson

All i can say is that my experience with CHUBB over the years has been shocking, for over 8 years they fought my claim for lost rental income and I could no longer fight them in court as the cost of bringing an action was too much$
2019 xmas claim made re-cancelled flight due to weather in Sydney. sent in all the receipts and letter from the airline etc, they came back and asked for more information again supplied, came back again and wanted me to contact the airline for more information re-cancelled flight, Finally i told them to stuff it and keep their dollars. My claim was only for $1200 , which was the cost of rebooking a new flight and loss of 1 night accommodation. Last week i received a cheque for the amount. Not recommended and pretty useless when attached to a credit card or charge card. my card was a centurian amex .

Get an answer from our members and Chubb Insurance representatives

Compare all 3 Chubb Insurance
CategoryInsurance and Business InsuranceInsurance and Home and Contents InsuranceInsurance and Life Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents, Life and TravelBusiness, Life and TravelHome and Contents, Life and Travel
Compare all 3 Chubb Insurance