1.7

• Claim Resolution Time1-2 months (1) and 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (0) · No (1)

Excellent service from Chubb Travel Insurance

A few days after my partner and I took out insurance with Chubb on a big holiday, my partner's sister was diagnosed with an aggressive cancer and our cancellation costs came to just over $1000. Our claim included a statement from the doctor confirming a serious illness. Chubb asked for more details, which would have required the sister to sign a release. By that time she was so ill my partner couldn't bring herself to ask for it, We explained this to Chubb, and said that if that meant our claim couldn't proceed, then so be it. We were therefore very pleased and surprised when they paid out our claim without getting the extra documentation they had requested.

Jaye

Jaye

By far the worst service.

Very slow and unresponsive. I lodged a claim online and it takes on average a week to respond to each email. After two months a simple claim is still pending in review. I work in insurance and with chubb on a commercial scale and this is a very poor reflection on the company.

ina

kinsydney

Rubbish insurance

Insurance claim madeNo

Dissatisfied customer

Made a claim on return from USA in April 2017, supplied all information required and paid excess on 21/5/17, had contact with them via phone and email. Was assured claim finalized!
Today is 12/8/17 and the people I stayed with in USA have had a visit from the collections depth of hospital looking for me, how embarrassing.
Chubb claim the original chq sent in July was returned incorrect address and they said they had contacted hospital for new address, also lies.
I contacted hospital is USA this morning no funds have been received and no contact from the insurance company.
So frustrating when no one can help you.
I would never take a policy with them again.

Insurance claim madeYes

Great Customer Service - Very caring staff.

My partner had a heart incident in Italy which resulted in him being in a coma for 6 weeks. Chubb were extremely helpful and empathetic. They called regularly to not only check how he was doing but to see how I was considering I was on my own far away from home. When I couldn't cope once he woke they provided 24 hr nursing assistance at the hospital. We were provided business class flights home & medical staff if we needed. They met all costs promptly. I would have been lost without them.

Insurance claim madeYes

Chubb insurance don't waste you're money

lindsay

lindsay

terrible holiday insurance

I made a claim on my holiday insurance with chubb through american express for a stolen suitcase. After 3 months of sending very long emails when they repeatedly asked for information I had already sent and were unhelpful on the phone I gave up on the claim and switched to my home insurance, who were brilliant and sorted the claim within a month. Do not recommending chubb unless you have a lot of time to spare and a lot of patience!!

Disappointed

Great marketing, poor customer care. We purchased vouchers for Vietnam , plus insurance in case of the need to cancel, We are unable to make the trip but dealing with the insurance company is a bureaucratic nightmare.
LE sells the insurance and makes it sound like an easy option to cancel but it is far from easy,ie doctors certificates etc required, A simplified cancellation process is a necessity before we would consider LE again.Further,if we are refunded by the insurance as a result of cancellation does LE make a 100% of the fee as there may be no charge from the hotels given the extended cancellation notice?If so its a highly dubious policy.

Jim

This was not about Chubb Insurance but LE refund policy. I did not choose to write about Chubb as I am still dealing with them.

Insurance

Find out how Chubb Insurance compares to other Insurance

Che C.

Che C.asked

Chubb Insurance

Has anyone had Professional Indemnity insurance dealings with Chubb?

They appear to take your money but never payout. I am scared that they will not stand behind their policy if something were to happen. This could send my business of 20 years and my family to the wall.

I pay nearly $8,000 per year to Chubb but now I am not sure. I think I will jump ship.

Rob Schaffer
Rob Schaffer

Make sure you do. They are grubs

Robert V.

Robert V.asked

Chubb Insurance

Hi, can anyone give me some insight to what chubb insurance is like regarding landlord insurance?

steveo4u

steveo4uasked

Chubb Insurance

After reading these reviews Im so worried that I made a mistake taking out a Business Amex Card that Chubb is the insurer.
I will now have to cancel my card as I definitely will not be using Chubb as an Insurer.
Pointless paying $450 a year for a Amex Business card with such awful reviews as this one.
Sure there a bad reviews with all insurers, but this one takes the cake.
Also, isnt there a rep here from Chubb?
Stupid question I guess as who would want to deal with all the complaints here.
Amex, wake up and find another insurrer otherwise your going to get a hell of cancellations ones they find about all the shocking feedbacks here.

Colin Hudson
Colin Hudson

All i can say is that my experience with CHUBB over the years has been shocking, for over 8 years they fought my claim for lost rental income and I could no longer fight them in court as the cost of bringing an action was too much$
2019 xmas claim made re-cancelled flight due to weather in Sydney. sent in all the receipts and letter from the airline etc, they came back and asked for more information again supplied, came back again and wanted me to contact the airline for more information re-cancelled flight, Finally i told them to stuff it and keep their dollars. My claim was only for $1200 , which was the cost of rebooking a new flight and loss of 1 night accommodation. Last week i received a cheque for the amount. Not recommended and pretty useless when attached to a credit card or charge card. my card was a centurian amex .

Get an answer from our members and Chubb Insurance representatives

Compare all 3 Chubb Insurance
CategoryInsurance and Business InsuranceInsurance and Home and Contents InsuranceInsurance and Life Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents, Life and TravelBusiness, Life and TravelHome and Contents, Life and Travel
Compare all 3 Chubb Insurance