Citibank Citi Premier

Citibank Citi Premier

Pros

• Up to 70,000 Bonus Rewards Points on offer

• Earn up to 2 Citi Rewards Points per $1 spent

• Linked Diners Club Card includes uncapped earn rate of 2 Points per $1 and No International Transaction Fees

• Complimentary International Travel Insurance and Two Airport Lounge Passes each year

Cons

• $395 Annual Fee

• 3.4% International Transaction Fee

• Minimum Credit Limit of $15,000

CategoryFrequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards and Rewards Credit Cards
Card TypeVisa
BenefitsComplimentary Travel Insurance and Sign-Up Bonus Points Offer
Maximum Credit Limit A$100,000
Minimum Income A$75,000
Additional Cardholders 4
Additional Cardholder Fee A$0 p.a.
Rewards ProgramCiti Rewards
Points Earn Rate 2 points per $1
Points Conditions
  • 2 Citi points per $1 on International Spend for eligible transactions

• 2 Citi points per $1 on Domestic Spend made directly with major airlines, hotel chains and restaurants in Australia

• 1.50 Citi points per $1 on Domestic Spend made directly with major supermarkets, petrol outlets and national retailers

• 1 Citi point per $1 on Domestic Spend for eligible transactions

• 2 Citi points per $1 on Linked Diners Club for eligible transactions.

Contactless PaymentsApple Pay and Samsung Pay
Annual FeeA$395 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3.4%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal FeeA$5
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate22.24% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Sign-Up Bonus

Receive 70,000 Bonus Points when you spend $5,000 in the first 60 days from card approval

Release dateJun 2012

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process
Wise Shopper

Wise ShopperPerth, WA

Good credit card and rewards can be better

I got this credit card with no annual fee and use it for my all my daily expense except when there's a surcharge applied. I don't use it overseas as there's a high transaction fee. The rewards point is no longer redeemable for fee paid on government and council services which is a shame. I got free priority pass and travel insurance which I claimed before with no issue.

Rates and Fees
  • Everyday Expenses
Alice P

Alice PGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

My main card, holiday travel insurance, QF points, No annual fee after 2 years

I have held the Signature rewards cards for over 12 years, I don't pay the $395 annual fee since year 2, if you always paid your card on time this is a great card. If you buy your air tickets on this, you get travel insurance for free, I used it a couple of times while I was in Japan and was sick. very helpful. I also racked up lots of points (used to) until they half the points and its now $2 to 1 QF points, but thanks to this card I got 9 return trip overseas for it. The customer services is 10/10. The card used to be blue and has silver words punched into it and always rubbed off, since becoming the new style and the numbers are printed on the back its so much better

Rates and Fees
  • Special Purchases

brendan3799

brendan3799Melbourne

Good card and rewards

I got this card through a no annual fee offer. The rewards program is good and the airport lounge access is a bonus. I don't think it is worth the full annual fee they charge, but since I don't pay that fee I am happy. Citibank customer service is always poor

Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards

Find out how Citibank Citi Premier compares to other Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards

BSFAU

A quality product so far

I have had this card for 1 day - so far the whole experience has been good. Application was first and trouble free, activation and registration for online banking was simple and good. My first purchase has gone without a hitch. Will report back later about long term features and benefits...

BSF

PS - their security team is very twitchy - they put a hold on my card when I had a few rejected attempts at EFTPOS and when I changed my phone number.