Citibank Citi Premier

Citibank Citi Premier

Pros

• Up to 70,000 Bonus Rewards Points on offer

• Earn up to 2 Citi Rewards Points per $1 spent

• Linked Diners Club Card includes uncapped earn rate of 2 Points per $1 and No International Transaction Fees

• Complimentary International Travel Insurance and Two Airport Lounge Passes each year

Cons

• $395 Annual Fee

• 3.4% International Transaction Fee

• Minimum Credit Limit of $15,000

CategoryFrequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards and Rewards Credit Cards
Card TypeVisa
BenefitsComplimentary Travel Insurance and Sign-Up Bonus Points Offer
Maximum Credit Limit A$100,000
Minimum Income A$75,000
Additional Cardholders 4
Additional Cardholder Fee A$0 p.a.
Rewards ProgramCiti Rewards
Points Earn Rate 2 points per $1
Points Conditions
  • 2 Citi points per $1 on International Spend for eligible transactions

• 2 Citi points per $1 on Domestic Spend made directly with major airlines, hotel chains and restaurants in Australia

• 1.50 Citi points per $1 on Domestic Spend made directly with major supermarkets, petrol outlets and national retailers

• 1 Citi point per $1 on Domestic Spend for eligible transactions

• 2 Citi points per $1 on Linked Diners Club for eligible transactions.

Contactless PaymentsApple Pay and Samsung Pay
Annual FeeA$395 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3.4%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal FeeA$5
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate22.24% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Sign-Up Bonus

Receive 70,000 Bonus Points when you spend $5,000 in the first 60 days from card approval

Release dateJun 2012

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process
Carefulshopper

CarefulshopperSouthwest, VIC

Good everyday credit card with only one flaw

I have been a long time credit card customer of Citibank and they upgraded me to Citibank Rewards Signature two years ago. They also offered to make it a fee free card due to my loyalty which was nice. I find this very easy to use and have had no problems. They have a 1800 number to contact them and staff are always very friendly on phone. Rewards points are easy to accumulate and redeem for lots of different items. Also get 2 Priority Passes each year and international travel insurance (which I have had to claim on before.) The only issue I find with the card is purchases made online have steep international conversion fees, so I avoid using it whenever possible for this.

Card Start DateSeptember 2017
Feliana

FelianaPerth

Good card and great rewards program

I haven't used the card overseas but have tried balance transfer before. It is really easy to set up the balance transfer. With this card, I also got free Priority Pass membership that gives me access to two lounges every year. I use this card mainly to accumulate points to transfer it to Kris Flyer / Velocity. I signed up to this card when they have promotion for a free annual fee for life couple years ago. Best card ever, I will keep using this card.

KnowYourRights

KnowYourRightsCanberra 2600, ACT

Good everyday card

I use this card daily. It gives quite good rewards with cash back and products. But what I like best is that the Citbank team treat me like a person. I failed to make a payment due to a bank account mix up. They contacted me quickly and then waived the fees as soon as they knew the payment was on its way. The linked Diners Club card has limited acceptance in Australia but is a bonus for overseas use as it gives double reward points at no ongoing cost.

Card Start DateJanuary 2004
Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards

Find out how Citibank Citi Premier compares to other Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards

Simon C

Simon CPerth

Great rewards program and many other benefits

I signed up for Citibank Platinum during a promotion period where there are no annual fees for the life of the card. Platinum then evolved into the Signature card with the added benefit of 2 free Priority Pass lounge visits per year. The card has many benefits such as loyalty points, product warranty, and travel insurance. Customer service is good. I highly recommend it. Only problem is the hefty forex fees it charges.

• Online Shopping
  • Special Purchases
glazfolk

glazfolkHobart, TAS

Fantastic value and top service

I have had a Citibank Signature card for about 7 years now. The rewards scheme and benefits - including free travel insurance and airport lounges pass - are awesome. The service is excellent, whenever I have had need to contact them they have responded to my needs quickly and efficiently. Can't rate them too highly.