Citibank Mortgage

1.5

morningsunshine

morningsunshine

Bad

It maybe a standard practice in the industry and as a first home owner I am unaware of. I am initially offered a low rate which appears to be a good deal but once I signed the contract, in less than a year's time, they increased it on me as the same time keep advertise a lower rate to attract new customers. People considering choosing this bank need to be careful.
    Reasonably good customer service

Ad
    purplelion

purplelion

OK

I like the flexibilty of the loan, but I am looking to change to someone who has a lower interest rate.
    I have a line of credit, statements come monthly, never had any trouble with paying bills from the account.
    I found that the rate is slightly higher than others, and when I called to see if I could get a better rate, was told yes, then at the end of the call was told that it would cost me another $400 to get the better rate. Also, when you ring the call centre, I have always spoken to someone with a thick accent, and find it hard to understand them. Plus, they transfer your call at least 5 times before you get someone to help you.

MaximusRabbitus