Citibank Rewards Signature

Citibank Rewards Signature

Citi Rewards and Qantas Frequent Flyer

See the Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Citibank Rewards Signature - Citi RewardsCitibank Rewards Signature - Qantas Frequent Flyer
CategoryBalance Transfer Credit Cards and Rewards Credit CardsBalance Transfer Credit Cards and Rewards Credit Cards
24-Hour Phone Contact YesYes
Online Live Chat NoNo
Card TypeVisaVisa
BenefitsComplimentary Travel Insurance, Reduced First Year Annual Fee and Sign-Up Bonus Points OfferComplimentary Travel Insurance, Reduced First Year Annual Fee and Sign-Up Bonus Points Offer
Maximum Credit Limit$100,000$100,000
Minimum Income $75,000$75,000
Additional Cardholders 44
Additional Cardholder Fee $0 p.a.$0 p.a.
Rewards ProgramCiti RewardsQantas Frequent Flyer
Points Earn Rate 1 points per $1
Points Conditions
  • 1 Qantas point on eligible International Spend
  • 1 Qantas point made directly with major airlines, hotel chains and restaurants in Australia
  • 0.75 Qantas point made directly at major supermarkets, petrol outlets and national retailers
  • 0.5 Qantas point on all other Eligible Transactions up to $20,000 per statement period

There is no cap on earn rate.

Contactless PaymentsSamsung PaySamsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate20.99% p.a.20.99% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee3.5%3.5%
Late Payment Fee$30$30
Annual Fee$395 p.a.$444 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3.4%3.4%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$5$5
Interest Free Period 55 days55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.74% p.a.21.74% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Sign-Up Bonus Receive 120,000 bonus Points when you spend 4,000 within the first 90 daysReceive 50,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend $2,000 within 90 days from card approval
Reduced First Year Annual Fee $199.00$248.00
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 15 months6 months
Balance Transfer Rate 0% p.a.0% p.a.
Balance Transfer Fee 1%

Good everyday card

I use this card daily. It gives quite good rewards with cash back and products. But what I like best is that the Citbank team treat me like a person. I failed to make a payment due to a bank account mix up. They contacted me quickly and then waived the fees as soon as they knew the payment was on its way. The linked Diners Club card has limited acceptance in Australia but is a bonus for overseas use as it gives double reward points at no ongoing cost.

Card Start DateJanuary 2004
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses

Great rewards program and many other benefits

I signed up for Citibank Platinum during a promotion period where there are no annual fees for the life of the card. Platinum then evolved into the Signature card with the added benefit of 2 free Priority Pass lounge visits per year. The card has many benefits such as loyalty points, product warranty, and travel insurance. Customer service is good. I highly recommend it. Only problem is the hefty forex fees it charges.

Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping and Special Purchases

My main card, holiday travel insurance, QF points, No annual fee after 2 years

I have held the Signature rewards cards for over 12 years, I don't pay the $395 annual fee since year 2, if you always paid your card on time this is a great card. If you buy your air tickets on this, you get travel insurance for free, I used it a couple of times while I was in Japan and was sick. very helpful. I also racked up lots of points (used to) until they half the points and its now $2 to 1 QF points, but thanks to this card I got 9 return trip overseas for it. The customer services is 10/10. The card used to be blue and has silver words punched into it and always rubbed off, since becoming the new style and the numbers are printed on the back its so much better

Card Start DateJanuary 2001
Main Point of ContactPhone
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping, Overseas/Travel and Special Purchases

The only credit card I've ever had

I have only ever had one credit card and that's with Citibank. 1 year after joining, their shop front dissappeared from Hobart. I managed to work my way up to platinum. Strangely, it dropped back to a signature/pay wave visa!. Without any reasoning. A rewards card, which has dropped its points allocation. Quickly, to add charges for public holiday transfer pymts.

In all honesty, its easier to stay with them than make the change. They are pretty much the same when it comes too on payments.

The overseas call centre has never been able to explaine why I dropped from platinum to signature??????

Card Start DateSeptember 2003
Main Point of ContactPhone

Hopeless and dont know how to run a ledger of your balance !

I got charged interest on my account that was paid to a $0 balance more than 2 weeks early. There response was:

"A review on your account shows your payment of $198.60 was received on 12 December 2017. Your due date was 29 December 2017.
We recognise your payment was posted before the due date; however, this did not satisfy the full closing balance of $1,197.60.
We understand that there has been a merchant refund of $999 on 09 December 2017. For your reference, refunds/reversals do not count as payments. Therefore, in a situation the account has had a refund, it is
possible that the CURRENT balance is less than the CLOSING Balance.
In that case, paying only the current balance will not satisfy the monthly payment obligations."

So even thought I had a $0 balance more than 2 weeks before the due date because a received a refund from a store I need to pay my account into credit by almost $1000 otherwise I get charged interest ???? WTH

How a bank can say you account is over due and we are going to charge you interest when the balance is $0 is beyond me.

and to show how incompetent they are, as i compained about the response I got both people responding to me credited the interest LOL. Incompetent bank didn't even look at the previous email saying I was credited or my email saying thanks for the credit or the look at the account showing the credit just credited it again LOL !!

Citibank Rewards Travel Card Pre-existing health conditions

Used this card to purchase overseas holiday and then made application for pre-existing health condition cover. They do over the phone assessment and then give you answer in 60 seconds. If you have anything mildly serious you will probably be rejected by this process. Other credit card services do more thorough assessment and more likely to offer cover. If you want to use a card for travel insurance and have a pre-existing condition, probably best to stay away from the Citibank cards

Quantas Points SCAM

I signed up to this card to accumulate some Qantas miles. I filled in the application with my details, including frequent flyer number. I spent the required amount in the first three months on the card, and got Citibank Points. However, when I tried to transfer these over to Qantas miles, I was told I needed to "enroll" in this before. I told them my frequent flyer membership had been clearly stated on my application form, and to transfer the points over. I've been told this will be done on three separate occasions now, but it never happens. All I can say is that reeks of a cheap scam by a dishonourable company. I've had points cards with Westpac before, and my partner currently has a good one with ANZ. She has had no problems transferring the advertised amount of points over to her Quantas frequent flyer program. As soon as I resolve this issue I will cancel my card and never apply for or use any Citibank product again. They are a nightmare to deal with, frequently lie, and never deliver on promises.

The overseas transaction fee killed this card

I used this card for many years and i used to like it till the recent changes of charging transaction fee for payment processed overseas even it is in AUD.

For the transaction in other currency, I can understand and i can avoid by using fee free credit card. But a lot of the AU online shopping sites, you won't know that attach a overseas transaction fee till you see a surprised charge in the statement.

Citibank credit card used to be my default credit card for all transaction. But will not be anymore.

New Fee Grab on transactions made in Australian dollars where merchant/institution is overseas

The latest credit card change from Citibank. From 1 Jan 2017 they will be charging their customers an additional 3.4% where the transaction is made in Australian dollars and the merchant/institution/payment processor is overseas. They even say "It may not always be clear that the merchant or its financial institution/payment processor is located outside Australia" I guess its purchaser beware! Good luck!!
In my case they have got in early and applied this charge for a transaction in October!
The 3.4% charge was previously charged when they were required to deal with a foreign currency and had to convert it to Australian dollars. I am unsure how they think that the same rate should apply when there is no rate conversion required.
In my opinion apart from the charge being exorbitant I believe that they have a responsibility to inform their customers that the charge will apply at the time of making the transaction.
I have held this card for many years and seen the decimation of the rewards scheme and now additional charges that the consumer may not even know would be applicable. Shame on Citibank.

Terrible experience. Stay away

Applied for a credit card (Signature) and they kept me waiting for 10 days. When I contacted, they asked some more documents. Provided all, including tax return statements in additional to recent payslips.
Each time I contacted, I waited 25-30 minutes on phone, and they have no Australia-based customer service, everything is handled from Philippines. Very poor English, hard to get any question answered.
My income greatly exceed their requirement, I have excellent credit record, no loan, no debt, no liabilities.
Anyway, finally they told me your application unsuccessful - and I asked why, can you show me a single reason why?
He says "not sure, maybe the officer was busy, and too many applications, so she declined."
Have never seen such an incompetent financial institution.

Citi Prepaid Gift Card

1) Well they charge you an annual fee to be a member, offer NEW CLIENTS attractive balance transfer offers of 24 months at 0% interest rates but as a client of more than 15 years I approached them for the same benefit and they declined.
2) I decided to redeem my rewards and took $75.00 worth of Citi Prepaid Gift Cards that have a 12 month expiry date:
a) when I tried to use them at my local Coles Supermarket for $75.00 they were declined "DO NOT HONOUR/REFER TO ISSUER".
b) My online enquiry to Citibank was fobbed off and I should contact their Citi Prepaid Gift Cards on a separate website;
c) Logged on to their other website quoting required card numbers etc and was amazed to see that the $75.00 gift cards now had a balance of only $48.00 with Account Keeping Fees totalling $27.00.
I have used more than 15 different gift cards form numerous providers and NEVER had any Account Keeping Fees being charged for "inactivity after 90 days".
So Citibank clients should be made aware of the exorbitant charges of this institution and NEVER redeem their Citi Prepaid Gift Cards.

Editting my review from 5 stars to 1 after Citibank have overhauled the rewards scheme

This used to be one of the few Visa or MasterCards that gives you 1 Qantas point for 1 dollar spent. Now it's capped at 1 point per dollar only to the first $3,000 per statement and then drops sharply to half a point. Jetstar MasterCard or Qantas Credit Union Visa are they better cards now.

Good card and rewards

I got this card through a no annual fee offer. The rewards program is good and the airport lounge access is a bonus. I don't think it is worth the full annual fee they charge, but since I don't pay that fee I am happy. Citibank customer service is always poor

A quality product so far

I have had this card for 1 day - so far the whole experience has been good. Application was first and trouble free, activation and registration for online banking was simple and good. My first purchase has gone without a hitch. Will report back later about long term features and benefits...

PS - their security team is very twitchy - they put a hold on my card when I had a few rejected attempts at EFTPOS and when I changed my phone number.

Fantastic value and top service

I have had a Citibank Signature card for about 7 years now. The rewards scheme and benefits - including free travel insurance and airport lounges pass - are awesome. The service is excellent, whenever I have had need to contact them they have responded to my needs quickly and efficiently. Can't rate them too highly.

Over 1 month since application and still no approval/decline

Applied on-line and was quickly given conditional approval. It's been now over a month and still no progress with my application to approve it or decline it. Wrote complaint and was told they would make a decsion in 4 days. A week passed and nothing happened. If it is this difficult to just get the product, imagine what they would be like to deal with if you had an issue with your account that needed to be resolved.
Quick application form