City Specs

City Specs

Brand Manager for City Specs? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.0
    Wedgie
    WedgieSydney, NSW

A Waste of Time and Money

On 21/05/21 I had an eye test and ordered new specs at City Specs, Westfield Penrith.
    Almost 2 weeks later I went in to try them on and they were no good. They re-tested my eyes and sent the specs away for new lenses. Almost another 2 weeks went by then I was called in to get them. Tried them on, no good at all. Much worse than my old specs.
    I then asked for my deposit back as they were unable to do a correct pair of specs for me. The Manager refused to refund me. After threats of fair trading action we agreed to a compromise, where I took the frames, which I like and which retail for $120. He also gave me the lenses. Hours of use later, I feel nauseous from trying to use them, so now I'll go elsewhere and start over.

David S
    David SSydney, NSW

Deceptive sales discount

Nothing wrong with the product. Even the price is ok. The problem is that their 'regular' price is a lot higher than comparative shops. So a 50% discount is perhaps only 30%. Personally I think the discount rate should be reflective of pricing that other shops sell the product for without discount, otherwise you are not getting what you think your getting.