Cityswoon (page 2 of 2)

Wallflowers opinion

I attended one of the Brisbane social events. I was nervous and attending by myself. This ended up probably one of the best nights out I've had in a while. The six meets were well coordinated (even though I wasn't), Made friends with a few people and had a genuinely fun time once I got over my nerves

An Amazing Experience!

Customer Care C.Cityswoon

Hi VegemiteLover, Thanks for taking the time to review us. It's great to hear that you have had such an awesome time at our events!

Great way of meeting sinlges

Having attended a few of these events, I can safely say that the company is professional and the venues chosen are quite good. The company provides events for various age groups ensuring that when you attend an event, you are bound to meet girls within your age range. The use of the mobile phone to provide your dates for the evening shows that this sort of speed dating can be fun rather than the conveyor belt style speed dating that most companies provide. As a bonus, differing from the one glass of champagne served by other companies, there is freely flowing alcohol throughout the event as well as decent food snacks served mid-event.

Customer Care C.Cityswoon

Hi Author, Thanks for the review. Glad you enjoyed the events!

Sydneygirl

SydneygirlSydney

A good way to meet a general mix of people over drinks

Fiona

FionaLower Portland

Well organsied, Fun and Value for money!

I would like to highly recommend the City Swoon Speed dating nights! They are really well organised by friendly staff; So much fun and great value for money! Over the night you normally meet between 5 to 8 people around your age group; your drinks are included and some food too. I have been to 2 of these events so far and would continue until I find that special someone!

Customer Care C.Cityswoon

Hi Fiona, Thank you for the great note! We are dedicated to making great experiences for everyone. Best regards.

May

MayMelbourne

Poor value, the other speed dating companies are much better

There is no tightly matched matches. You just meet whoever is there that night and unfortunately for me were men completely Incompatible with me. I have had better luck just going to a bar on a friday night and chatting to strangers. And for $89 at city swoon it is really poor value despite finger food and unlimited drinks (there is only so much you can drink particularly if you are driving). The other speed dating companies around are much much cheaper and you get to meet more men around 12, while at cityswoon you only meet 6-8 and many of these attend the other speed dating events anyway so i have met them before.

Highly recommend

Attended first event last week, highly recommend. Whole experience felt respectful and unpressured. Intimate but at same time spacious venue - food/ beverage fine I believe, though honestly I was too busy having a nice time to need that component. I'll be back, simply appreciative of an evening of face-to-face conversation & connection without all the frustration & angst that accompanies online interaction. As far as I'm concerned, that's quite priceless.

Customer Care C.Cityswoon

Hi Marley, thanks for the lovely review! We agree, face-to-face is special.

Angiepants

AngiepantsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I will try one more event

Time poor and seeking someone active means I finally tried "speed dating". The venue was not nice. I was served a $9 gin and tonic with the bottom of a tonic bottle with completely flat tonic. I got a replacement. I could not sit comfortably as "seating" was rough wood covered with cloth. I eventually found stools. Yes I sound fussy but at $89 it's exxy for deep fried potato and sparkling wine. I was not formally introduced to a host but the app made it easy to meet everyone. As it was obvious we were speed dating mixed in with normal patrons it felt a bit odd. People were pleasant. I met people more my type at Fri night drinks later in the week for less expense. I will try one more event at a classier venue.

Tans

TansMelbourne

Great Experience!

The Adventure dating was a great night, I went alone and the hosts were super supportive and present which made the initial phase of the night less daunting! It ran seamlessly & have nothing but positive feedback for the event - the fact that I met someone and we're together 6 months later is just a bonus considering I went along 'for a laugh'. Well worth the try for a fun night out, who knows what might happen!

Customer Care C.Cityswoon

Love your story Tans! All the best with your relationship.

CuriousQueensland

Meeting new people and creating opportunities

Surreal47671

Surreal47671Sydney

Great way of meeting new people

I have attended four city swoon events and it has always been a fun experience. The hosts are friendly and helpful throughout the events. The events are well-designed so you get just enough time to chat with your dates. The venues have great vibes too. I also had opportunities to meet people who work in same profession and extended my professional network :). Last but not least, I met my gorgeous boyfriend at the last event. I would definitely recommend it to a lot of my friends. It is a great way to meet new people and have a wonderful time.

Customer Care C.Cityswoon

Hi, Surreal47671, Thanks for sharing. We love hearing about relationships!!

Worked for me!

I've been to three or four Cityswoon events and met my lovely girlfriend at the last event I attended. I found the format really good and a bit more fun than the traditional speed dating - instead of being seated with the guys rotating around it's less formal with the person you're dating next being texted to you. I'd encourage anyone to give it a go - it can be a good way of getting back out there.

Customer Care C.Cityswoon

Hi Spiva, So glad you liked it and met someone!

Best way to meet someone

I've been to a couple of CitySwoon events. The events are great fun - you meet lots of interesting people and get to explore some cool bars you might not otherwise know about. You might also meet someone really sexy and fall in love like I did. The app works really well and the format means you go on 6-8 dates in one night. You can message people through the website so you don't need to share contact info until you're ready. I've recommended CitySwoon to everyone I know and even some people I don't know that well who have told me about struggling to meet someone!

Customer Care C.Cityswoon

Hi Bambilicious, Thanks for sharing your experience!

Judd

JuddSydney

Rude women who you get matched to multiple times

Dannyboy

Dannyboyasked

Do you get matched with the same people if you both attend the same event again?

Hi Dannyboy,

Thanks for your question! Unlike any other speed dating events in the world, we track who you have previously matched before so you don't get matched up again. So, if you are at the same event as someone you have met before, you will not date them again.

Hope to see you at an event soon!

Regards,
Brett

john

johnasked

hi,I have a pre-paid android phone that can pick up wi-fi. Is it free wi-fi or do I need a smart phone with heaps of data for the night?

Curious

That would depend on whether the venue has wi-fi available or not. I would suggest having data available on your phone. From my experience, the website / app (not sure which one) doesn't use "heaps of data".

Jord

Jordasked

Do you need to download the app to attend any of the CitySwoon events? Not all of us are up to date with the latest smartphone, iphone, ipad etc?

Bambilicious
Bambilicious

I think you can use it through logging in to the website. But only a smart phone can access a website.

Hi Jord,

Thank you for your question! Bambilicious is right. You just log into Cityswoon.com on your smartphone or web enabled device. Our website transforms to an app-like site to display your next date. And your date can find you, because they see your photo.

Also, all our events are currently hosted by a Cityswoon representative, so if you get stuck on the technology, there's always a very friendly, experienced person there to help.

Hope to see you at an event soon!

Cityswoon

Get an answer from our members and Cityswoon representatives

CategoryDating Agencies