Claratyne

Claratyne

See the Best Antihistamines in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Claratyne? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Not Happy With This Product.

I brought Claratyne 75 tablets I’m not happy with this product my side affects are dry eyes,very dry mouth I’m finding that I started coughing because my mouth so dry near choking and find hard to breathe properly also I have pains in my stomach and my lower back as well and sometimes I also find it’s hard to open my eyes and they are very dry I will never buy this product ever again.

Purchased in December 2018.

Symptom ReliefFelt Worse
Symptoms RelievedSneezing
Vista
VistaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I live on this Claratyne during Aug - Oct period

I had very bad hay fever during Aug - Oct period. When GP saw my eye, he immediately referred me to ED. Doctor suggested me to try Claratyne and it worked for me. One tablet in the morning can last until afternoon.

Really Good!

It was really good! It worked well and combated all runny noses and sore eyes, I was actually able to breath amazingly! Really good I rated it 4 because It was Expensive. It didnt have any side effects, not once did I feel sick or drowsy after eating/consuming these. Really Recommend
Fast acting , Easy to chew, Tastes Good and It combats everything ! Really liked it!
It was Expensive

Good

Generally a good adult product but product makers need to be more mindful of children who may need purer versions.
This is great for me as an adult and controls my hayfever well. It is expensive but all brands are. I've tried some others but they don't work so well.
Don't buy the children's version if your child reacts to food additives. For some reason it contains sodium benzoate / preservative 211 which sends my son off his tree. I have no idea why this needs to be in a medicine. It is unfair and unnecessary.

Kanchi
KanchiMELBOURNE

I used the Children's Claratyne for my 3 years old daughter and It didn't work at all

My Daughter is 3 years old. She had few mosquito bites on her hands and it was very ichy. So We went to Pharmacy who recomended this medicine. This medicine didn't help at all. It might be co-incident that she then had a fever for next three days.

Actually washing with Detol water helped her to cool the ichy.

Didn't work for my 3 years old child

stefaneigh
stefaneigh

Good

These are probably my favourite hayfever tablets though i go through stages where these seem to work really well and times when they don't. I think sometimes you need to change brands and not stick to one product all the time as you build up a sort of immunity to it. I don't like the price but am willing to pay it if a positive outcome is achieved.
These are super small tablets so they are very easy to swallow and they only need to be taken once a day.
They are quite expensive, buying a 50 pack make them slightly more affordable but this normally still costs a fair bit.

Josie_9
Josie_9New South Wales

Good

Get the generic drug and it should work just as well. The generic name is Loratadine Tablets (10 mg). They are more affordable especially if you need to take one daily for 5 months like me!
I recommend getting small amounts first to check that it works and then bulk buy. You can also save by ordering online in bulk. I didn't know this until recently so I haven't tried buying online yet but noticed that prices were about $6 less.
It used to work very well for me. It still works, but not as well. Film coated so it's pleasant to take. Most chemists stock it.
Effectiveness declined after long-term use. Relatively expensive. It can cause nose bleeds.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.7 Dec 2021
J_xo
J_xoVIC

Good

I love this product. I tried Demazin and that did nothing. Where as this product actually does what it says on the pack!! Only thing I don't like is that it's not cheap. But alot of Hayfever tablets are pricy anyways!
The tablets are small (which i find handy as I can sometimes find it difficult to swallow large capsules). I find these tablets actually work!
Can be expensive, however to try and combat this issue my solution is BUY IN BULK. Not necessarily 10 boxes of the stuff, but buy a pack of 50 instead of 10. It's alot cheaper. Also shop around for them. They range in price at different chemists (I have found) and try and grab them on special if you can!

triciamonaro
triciamonaroQueensland, 4605

Good

Antihistamines help reduce allergic symptons. This works well to clear up allergic reactions that cause rash, redness and swelling. Just recently we went to Bribie Island and were attacked by sandflies causing really itchy red spots, we took Claratyne and it not only stopped the itching but the next day our spots were gone to. I found this product to be good in regards to this sort of thing. Claratyne is also available in packs of 10 and 30 tablets as well as syrups so it suits the whole family.
small easy to swallow tablets.
does not necessarily work for all peoples symptons.

lil_lazza
lil_lazza

Good

works very well to control allergies however they are very expensive little tablets, they are easy and small to swallow though
work really quickly when im having a reaction or im extremely itchy, dont affect me in any other way like other medications. tablets extremely small and easy to swallow
Expensive, only small amount in box

connielaura
connielaura

Good

i agree that claratyne is expensive for the amount of tablets you get but as i only get hayfever every so often, the cost doesn't bother me as much as it would someone needing it all the time. i find they are effective in treating hayfever which is such a relief when it starts to work, there is nothing more miserable than feeling crummy on a beautiful day. allows you to get out and about and to not miss a day of work. so i would recommend for that reason.
effective in treating hay fever
more expensive than other brands

gerald_lian
gerald_lian

west3030
west3030vic, 3030

Good

I use Clartyne mostly during the hayfever season, and it is in my experience that it worked for stopping my allergy symptoms. However I also use other brands of hayfever medicine but I find that they are pretty much the same for me effective wise. Especially considering how expensive this and other brand name allergy medicines are.
I like that this brand uses a smaller sized tablet. It is effective at preventing and providing for relief my hayfever and other allergies.
It is pretty dear, and for me any way the genric/ cheaper brands tend to work exactly the same for my symptoms.

qqbrightstar
qqbrightstar

Good

During the hay fever season, I can't have a normal day without taking this tables. One box won't last long, so I have to buy at least a few boxes, which is quite expensive. It would be nice if the price can be a bit cheaper and more affordable for people have to take it for a few months during the bad hay fever season to easy their uncomfortableness at daily bases.
I like the small size of the tablets, which makes it very easy to swallow. And only need to take once a day.
price is bit expensive.

bunnimon
bunnimon

Good

I am not sure how I had such a good effect with these tablets overall, but they were by far the most effective of the many hayfever treatments I had tried. Living in a rural area it was very unpleasant for me to go out in spring because of constant sneezing and very itchy eyes. Relief from this with Claratyne was fast, within the hour of taking the first tablet, and I didn't tired or have any side effects at all.
Gave me fast relief from itchy eyes and sneezing. I found that after taking it for about a month my symptoms of hayfever, which I have had for many years were drastically reduced and I didn't need to take it anymore.
Did not help with congestion in my sinuses or make it easier to breathe through my nose.