Claratyne

Claratyne

See the Best Antihistamines in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Claratyne? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Anna b
Anna bSydney, NSW

Talk about drowsy this knocked me out

I tried this for the first time 2 weeks ago when my child was in hospital . Lucky I took it in hospital it completely knocked me out I fell asleep so many times thankgod there was nurses there to watch my child .
I could not open my eyes it was sedating
Very misleading as it’s non drowsy ! It is drowsy they need to rethink taking non drowsy off ! And it didn’t work the full affects nose started leaking a few hours later . Waste of money

Purchased in November 2020 for $10.

Tanya C.
Tanya C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Made me sleepy, but does work

Works really well, had no symptoms of hay fever for about 10 hours but made me so so sleepy that no amount of coffee would work. I can't function with it and would rather have hay fever than how I was feeling.

Purchased in September 2019.

Cathallvan
CathallvanHoppers Crossing

Only reviewing the box

Vista
VistaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I live on this Claratyne during Aug - Oct period

I had very bad hay fever during Aug - Oct period. When GP saw my eye, he immediately referred me to ED. Doctor suggested me to try Claratyne and it worked for me. One tablet in the morning can last until afternoon.

Find out how Claratyne compares to other Antihistamines

Worked for my hay fever but made me sooo sleepy

This product cleared up my sneezing, runny nose and watery itchy eyes . I took it at 6pm worked in a hour but by 9:30 i was very tired. I woke up this morning and i am like a zombie so incredibly tired and grumpy. It says NON-DROWSY"?

jeremy.ieraci
jeremy.ieraciDarwin, NT

works, but definitely not 24hr

I've been taking this product for a garden rash on my hands/fingers that's so incredibly itchy I can't sleep, hence the 3am review to try take my mind off the itch.. Claratyne does provide a little relief sometimes (I took a tab at 9pm last nite and was able to sleep until now before the itch woke me again) have taken another 20 minutes ago and 'think' it's reliving it a tadd again. Maybe by around 25% or so anyway. It's never provided me with anywhere near 100% relief but sometimes just gets me by (have used these for other rashes in the past) I think Fexo is regarded as the best

not working at all

I bought a 75 tablets at chemist warehouse coz it is a good deal but does not work at all. Still sneezing a lots , runny n itchy nose and all hayfever systoms. Regret it.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.14 Feb 2022
bmorey
bmoreyVic, 3140

Does nothing for me

Ineffective -- doesn't relieve my symptoms to any extent. Does nothing for my wife either. My wife has reverted to Telfast while I'm using Zyrtec. On top of that Claratyne is expensive although it can be had cheaper from Chemists' Warehouse. Might OK if you only have occasional mild symptoms. I really can't recommend this product.

Expensive, ineffective

Really Good!

It was really good! It worked well and combated all runny noses and sore eyes, I was actually able to breath amazingly! Really good I rated it 4 because It was Expensive. It didnt have any side effects, not once did I feel sick or drowsy after eating/consuming these. Really Recommend
Fast acting , Easy to chew, Tastes Good and It combats everything ! Really liked it!
It was Expensive

Good

Generally a good adult product but product makers need to be more mindful of children who may need purer versions.
This is great for me as an adult and controls my hayfever well. It is expensive but all brands are. I've tried some others but they don't work so well.
Don't buy the children's version if your child reacts to food additives. For some reason it contains sodium benzoate / preservative 211 which sends my son off his tree. I have no idea why this needs to be in a medicine. It is unfair and unnecessary.

stefaneigh
stefaneigh

Good

These are probably my favourite hayfever tablets though i go through stages where these seem to work really well and times when they don't. I think sometimes you need to change brands and not stick to one product all the time as you build up a sort of immunity to it. I don't like the price but am willing to pay it if a positive outcome is achieved.
These are super small tablets so they are very easy to swallow and they only need to be taken once a day.
They are quite expensive, buying a 50 pack make them slightly more affordable but this normally still costs a fair bit.

Josie_9
Josie_9New South Wales

Good

Get the generic drug and it should work just as well. The generic name is Loratadine Tablets (10 mg). They are more affordable especially if you need to take one daily for 5 months like me!
I recommend getting small amounts first to check that it works and then bulk buy. You can also save by ordering online in bulk. I didn't know this until recently so I haven't tried buying online yet but noticed that prices were about $6 less.
It used to work very well for me. It still works, but not as well. Film coated so it's pleasant to take. Most chemists stock it.
Effectiveness declined after long-term use. Relatively expensive. It can cause nose bleeds.

J_xo
J_xoVIC

Good

I love this product. I tried Demazin and that did nothing. Where as this product actually does what it says on the pack!! Only thing I don't like is that it's not cheap. But alot of Hayfever tablets are pricy anyways!
The tablets are small (which i find handy as I can sometimes find it difficult to swallow large capsules). I find these tablets actually work!
Can be expensive, however to try and combat this issue my solution is BUY IN BULK. Not necessarily 10 boxes of the stuff, but buy a pack of 50 instead of 10. It's alot cheaper. Also shop around for them. They range in price at different chemists (I have found) and try and grab them on special if you can!

Sada
SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad

This worked great for me the first year, but seemed to not work the following times I tried it. I think you have to use a combination of products like a pill plus eye drops and then you can (sort) of be prepared to tackle hayfever symptoms.
This is the first product I tried for my hayfever, and it worked fine the first year. I have terrible hayfever symptoms and this (or other products) didn't really help too much.
This is really expensive, but I think most of these products are pricey (I don't know why). It is best to buy the larger pack which should be okay because the expiry date should be for a year or two.

simonefish
simonefish

OK

Claratyne is great because it doesn't make you drowsy, which is great when suffering from hayfever which makes you feel so awful anyway. It also works for other allergy symptoms such as rashes. I do find it's effectiveness wears off which is frustrating as I have to have a supply of many different tablets to cover me.
Small tablet is very easy to take, and long lasting effect is great.
I find that after a few doses it becomes less effective and I have to switch to another product with another active ingredient for a few doses, and then back again.