Claratyne

Claratyne

See the Best Antihistamines in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Claratyne? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Anna b
Anna bSydney, NSW

Talk about drowsy this knocked me out

I tried this for the first time 2 weeks ago when my child was in hospital . Lucky I took it in hospital it completely knocked me out I fell asleep so many times thankgod there was nurses there to watch my child .
I could not open my eyes it was sedating
Very misleading as it’s non drowsy ! It is drowsy they need to rethink taking non drowsy off ! And it didn’t work the full affects nose started leaking a few hours later . Waste of money

Purchased in November 2020 for $10.

Tanya C.
Tanya C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Made me sleepy, but does work

Works really well, had no symptoms of hay fever for about 10 hours but made me so so sleepy that no amount of coffee would work. I can't function with it and would rather have hay fever than how I was feeling.

Purchased in September 2019.

Cathallvan
CathallvanHoppers Crossing

Only reviewing the box

Worked for my hay fever but made me sooo sleepy

This product cleared up my sneezing, runny nose and watery itchy eyes . I took it at 6pm worked in a hour but by 9:30 i was very tired. I woke up this morning and i am like a zombie so incredibly tired and grumpy. It says NON-DROWSY"?

jeremy.ieraci
jeremy.ieraciDarwin, NT

works, but definitely not 24hr

I've been taking this product for a garden rash on my hands/fingers that's so incredibly itchy I can't sleep, hence the 3am review to try take my mind off the itch.. Claratyne does provide a little relief sometimes (I took a tab at 9pm last nite and was able to sleep until now before the itch woke me again) have taken another 20 minutes ago and 'think' it's reliving it a tadd again. Maybe by around 25% or so anyway. It's never provided me with anywhere near 100% relief but sometimes just gets me by (have used these for other rashes in the past) I think Fexo is regarded as the best

not working at all

I bought a 75 tablets at chemist warehouse coz it is a good deal but does not work at all. Still sneezing a lots , runny n itchy nose and all hayfever systoms. Regret it.

bmorey
bmoreyVic, 3140

Does nothing for me

Ineffective -- doesn't relieve my symptoms to any extent. Does nothing for my wife either. My wife has reverted to Telfast while I'm using Zyrtec. On top of that Claratyne is expensive although it can be had cheaper from Chemists' Warehouse. Might OK if you only have occasional mild symptoms. I really can't recommend this product.

Expensive, ineffective

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

ReviewPrincess
ReviewPrincessNSW, 2340

Evil_Santa
Evil_SantaQueensland, 4341

My boyfriend takes Claratyne to stop his hayfever and it works great. I once had to take Claratyne to stop a rash I had and it worked wonders. The tablet is so small and easy to swallow. Claratyne would be great for anyone with allergies to stop the symptoms. The small tablets would be great for young children with allergies as they are so tiny they are easy to swallow. Great hayfever reliever or for any other allergies. The price is resonable because it actually works.
Great hayfever, allergy reliever. Very small tablet great for everyone inculding young ones with allergies.

fossicker
fossicker

It gives me almost instant relief from the terrible itch of psoriasis and lately hay fever, someone in our area has a wood fire at night, not good for people with breathing problems. When I take a Claratyne tablet I am comfortable driving a car as it does not make me tired.
effgective and convenient
The price although worth it because it works

Sada
SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad

This worked great for me the first year, but seemed to not work the following times I tried it. I think you have to use a combination of products like a pill plus eye drops and then you can (sort) of be prepared to tackle hayfever symptoms.
This is the first product I tried for my hayfever, and it worked fine the first year. I have terrible hayfever symptoms and this (or other products) didn't really help too much.
This is really expensive, but I think most of these products are pricey (I don't know why). It is best to buy the larger pack which should be okay because the expiry date should be for a year or two.

simonefish
simonefish

OK

Claratyne is great because it doesn't make you drowsy, which is great when suffering from hayfever which makes you feel so awful anyway. It also works for other allergy symptoms such as rashes. I do find it's effectiveness wears off which is frustrating as I have to have a supply of many different tablets to cover me.
Small tablet is very easy to take, and long lasting effect is great.
I find that after a few doses it becomes less effective and I have to switch to another product with another active ingredient for a few doses, and then back again.

neodymium
neodymiumAU

OK

As a sufferer of allergies for most of my life, I find Claratyne is great for providing effective relief from hayfever, itchy skin and other allergy symptoms. They work quickly and you only need to take one table per day. Claratyne is more expensive than other allergy relief medication though, so it is worth shopping around to see if there are other suitable medications available at a cheaper price. Overall, it is a very effective product at relieving allergy symptoms and provides all day relief with one tablet.
Effective treatment against allergy symptoms, Small tablet size is easy to swallow and lasts for 24 hours
A bit pricey compared to competitors products

april1975
april1975SA, 5161

OK

These are effective for allergies and hayfever sufferers however there are only a small amount of tablets in each box and are quite expensive for what you get. I find there are much more cost effective products on the market that do the job just as well.
tablet size
box size, cost

LittleBirdy
LittleBirdyVictoria, 3204

I would highly recommend Claratyne, it is very effective. I use when I get hayfever, and I once used it when I had hives. The hives disappeared straight away! But when I stopped using it my skin got itchy and I got hives again, which proves that it actually works! It's a bit expensive but if you need it, you need it.
The really small tablet size. I find it hard to swallow large tablets, and this makes it really easy. It works very well as an antihistamine.
It's really expensive, other brands are cheaper and they do the job just as well.