Claratyne

Claratyne

See the Best Antihistamines in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Claratyne? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Tanya C.
Tanya C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Made me sleepy, but does work

Works really well, had no symptoms of hay fever for about 10 hours but made me so so sleepy that no amount of coffee would work. I can't function with it and would rather have hay fever than how I was feeling.

Purchased in September 2019.

jeremy.ieraci
jeremy.ieraciDarwin, NT

works, but definitely not 24hr

I've been taking this product for a garden rash on my hands/fingers that's so incredibly itchy I can't sleep, hence the 3am review to try take my mind off the itch.. Claratyne does provide a little relief sometimes (I took a tab at 9pm last nite and was able to sleep until now before the itch woke me again) have taken another 20 minutes ago and 'think' it's reliving it a tadd again. Maybe by around 25% or so anyway. It's never provided me with anywhere near 100% relief but sometimes just gets me by (have used these for other rashes in the past) I think Fexo is regarded as the best

Other Antihistamines

simonefish
simonefish

OK

Claratyne is great because it doesn't make you drowsy, which is great when suffering from hayfever which makes you feel so awful anyway. It also works for other allergy symptoms such as rashes. I do find it's effectiveness wears off which is frustrating as I have to have a supply of many different tablets to cover me.
Small tablet is very easy to take, and long lasting effect is great.
I find that after a few doses it becomes less effective and I have to switch to another product with another active ingredient for a few doses, and then back again.

neodymium
neodymiumAU

OK

As a sufferer of allergies for most of my life, I find Claratyne is great for providing effective relief from hayfever, itchy skin and other allergy symptoms. They work quickly and you only need to take one table per day. Claratyne is more expensive than other allergy relief medication though, so it is worth shopping around to see if there are other suitable medications available at a cheaper price. Overall, it is a very effective product at relieving allergy symptoms and provides all day relief with one tablet.
Effective treatment against allergy symptoms, Small tablet size is easy to swallow and lasts for 24 hours
A bit pricey compared to competitors products

Antihistamines

Find out how Claratyne compares to other Antihistamines

april1975
april1975SA, 5161

OK

These are effective for allergies and hayfever sufferers however there are only a small amount of tablets in each box and are quite expensive for what you get. I find there are much more cost effective products on the market that do the job just as well.
tablet size
box size, cost

qestra
qestra

OK

a good anti hay fever anti allergy product that does not seem to have any side effects i like the fact that you can thus take it during the day and you are therefor safe to drive etc
this is a quite safe and effective product and i also like the compact packet
it is a lot more expensive than periactin which you can get on the PBS it seems you have to pay a big premium for having the anti drosiness factor. it also doesn't work quite as well as the older anti histamines such as phenergan and periactin

OK

Good for if you want to get through your working day without coughing and spluttering but good luck tryingto get to sleep at night with a blocked nose.
I does stop the runny nose and sneezing, I'll give it that...........
But it just blocks your nose up to the point that you can't breathe out of it.