Classic Funding Group

Classic Funding Group

See the Best Business Loans in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Classic Funding Group? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.2
  • Loan TypeFixed Rate (4) and Line of Credit (1)
  • Application Process
  • Timeliness
Peteski
PeteskiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Rip Off after end of contract

I arranged finance on a photocopier for my business. It was a 4 year term, at the end of the term they continued to take payments for a further 13 months. They stated that I had to contact them 3 months before the end of the contract to end the contract. I have never heard of this in the past. The supplier of the item I financed could give me no information, numerous methods of contact with Classic Funding resulted in no action. Of the 13 months of extra payments nothing was given to the supplier of the photocopier. They have basically taken it as a bonus. They are thieves and liars. Do not go near them under any circumstance.

Geraldine Brown
Geraldine BrownBrisbane

Do your home work don't get conned

Yes we also got conned by a Sun Source Group rep back in 2015. we will finally pay off this 6kw unit (12K) in Jun2022
as it was not worth trying to pay early . best tip ever never answer the front door to sales reps for any product .

Narelle
NarellePerth, WA

Liars, Cheats and Scum

i returned our leased photo copier when we closed the business. (i guaranteed the lease as non executive director) lease was over. so i thought. i found out later the lease was rolled over. they took me to the magistrates courts for 4k outstanding. next 2 year's i paid it off. now i have a bad credit rating even though its paid off. i called them to ask if they would notify the court. they refused. shocking company. do not use

Beware dealing with a funding/finance organisation.

In a classic case of buyer beware, I was convinced by a clever salesperson from Classic Energy Financing Group. Of course in the end I paid probably twice as much as I would have if buying direct, and more when I sold my house and exited the contract early. They are the middle person between you and the supplier, but impossible to get any follow up or support for the system if there are any problems. They pretty much abandon you after that, and the accounting/reasoning behind the early exit fees are fairly dodgy. Lesson is go to a solar company direct. don't have anything to do with financing companies, this one in particular.

Jack H.
Jack H.Western District, VIC

They don't provide Statements

If you get a Loan from Classic they will, not provide you bank Details unless you request it, and then you will find out it's an account with another bank. They don't have their own money or account management systems, they just open an account with St Georges.

George S.
George S.South East Queensland, QLD

Arrogant customer service who don’t care about consumer

I have just closed an account with classic funding. Over the time it started well but as I contacted them and asked about certain charges and payouts classic funding were not able to give me factual reasons for overcharging me and double dipping on a payout figure break fee. Would not recommend this company to anyone

• Incentivised Review No

Lying company who will try to overcharge the contracted amount

After getting funding through classic funding in 2017 it started off ok until I wanted a payout figure 24 months after in 2019 where they couldn’t five me any factual evidence as to why I needed to pay near 30% over the actual borrow amount to finalise the contract. Even with paying 24 months of payments. Classic finance could never produce factual documents stating this. They are crooks

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Lets solar company sale they product with lies

Only agreed too the finance based on the solar redate tariff that was going to be provided, unfortunately this was never going to be honoured by the energy provider .
Lets company's sell they products with fake promises..

Good service, good people, good business

Each time I've dealt with people here I have had a friendly, serviceable experience. I don't think they deserve these nasty reviews!

AmandaJ77
AmandaJ77South East Queensland, QLD

Legal criminals - ZERO stars

• Incentivised Review No
  • Loan TypeLine of Credit
gentianne14
gentianne14DIMBOOLA

rude, no transparency, on the edge of dodgyness

Rude and Expensive - buyer beware

We got our loan 3 years ago and are being charged double the rate that is currently available for other green loans for solar. They are being very rude and difficult in letting us repay early. They are trying to charge me break fees on the original credit amount and not the outstanding balance. Shonky!!

Peter Graham
Peter GrahamNambour

Keep clear of this company

I got a loan from Classic funding group (a part of St George Bank) for solar panels and decided to pay my loan out three weeks after the loan started. Well that was very expensive and they were very rude.

Dale J.
Dale J.asked

hello - can someone please tell me who these people are please? My husbands parents are having an amount deducted each month and we dont know what it is for - they both have dementia . Yes they have solar panels - if i am correct in reading these comments, then I assume they got them on finance?

Thanks in advance

J Fensomasked

I've seen from earlier comments how hard it is to get a basic Statement. I've rang a few times now and I'm still waiting and wondering. Am I to believe the reviews are true??

Nick
Nick

Very much. Unfortunately when I did receive the statement for a payout they were expecting $5,000 on top of the payout and break fees for a reason they could not explain

J Fensom

I'm not asking for a pay out figure I just need a statement to provide my lender for a new refinance of my home loan they are holding up the process terribly