Classic Funding Group

Classic Funding Group

See the Best Business Loans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Lying company who will try to overcharge the contracted amount

After getting funding through classic funding in 2017 it started off ok until I wanted a payout figure 24 months after in 2019 where they couldn’t five me any factual evidence as to why I needed to pay near 30% over the actual borrow amount to finalise the contract. Even with paying 24 months of payments. Classic finance could never produce factual documents stating this. They are crooks

Application Process
Loan TypeFixed Rate
Loan Start DateJanuary 2017

Lets solar company sale they product with lies

Only agreed too the finance based on the solar redate tariff that was going to be provided, unfortunately this was never going to be honoured by the energy provider .
Lets company's sell they products with fake promises..

Good service, good people, good business

Each time I've dealt with people here I have had a friendly, serviceable experience. I don't think they deserve these nasty reviews!

Legal criminals - ZERO stars

We also took out a loan with classic funding group for solar panels in 2015 and the same problem. We can NEVER get a statement from them, we can NEVER get a payout figure, the only figure they give is always bigger than the original balance. The contract says interest charged daily on the balance however they added all of our interest on to the initial balance so we not only pay that massive amount of interest no matter what, but we also have to pay MASSIVE early repayment costs. Is it a coincidence that the company we bought our solar panels from disappeared after we purchased?? Seriously dodgy. I’m taking this to the ombudsman.

rude, no transparency, on the edge of dodgyness

They are expensive, charge large amounts for exceptional fees like failed payments $30 and they leave a lot of unascertainable fees in their contract which means you can be hit with large fees without seeing it coming. If you want your loan to be discharged you pay early repayment fees as well as break fees. The amount of the early repayment fees are set in writing (as huge as 50% of the money loaned!) but the break fees stays a mystery: "There are a number of ways we may calculate break costs. The method of calculation is not ascertainable at the disclosure date in your loan agreement", "Break costs could be substantial".
They don't tell you when they'll start to take the money out. Loan doc says "One month from the Loan Date" but when it's for solar panels it start after the installation but your guess to know which day...
Never sent a statement.
Rude when you contact them.

Update:
When you ask for a payout figure, the outstanding principal suddenly becomes 20% higher than it was 3 months ago and early repayment fees 33% higher than the one stated in the contract. Waiting to see what they when I mentioned there might be a mistake...
PURE SCAM!

Rude and Expensive - buyer beware

We got our loan 3 years ago and are being charged double the rate that is currently available for other green loans for solar. They are being very rude and difficult in letting us repay early. They are trying to charge me break fees on the original credit amount and not the outstanding balance. Shonky!!

Keep clear of this company

I got a loan from Classic funding group (a part of St George Bank) for solar panels and decided to pay my loan out three weeks after the loan started. Well that was very expensive and they were very rude.