Classic Funding Group

Classic Funding Group

1.3

• Loan TypeFixed Rate (3) · Line of Credit (1)
  • Application Process
  • Timeliness

Beware dealing with a funding/finance organisation.

In a classic case of buyer beware, I was convinced by a clever salesperson from Classic Energy Financing Group. Of course in the end I paid probably twice as much as I would have if buying direct, and more when I sold my house and exited the contract early. They are the middle person between you and the supplier, but impossible to get any follow up or support for the system if there are any problems. They pretty much abandon you after that, and the accounting/reasoning behind the early exit fees are fairly dodgy. Lesson is go to a solar company direct. don't have anything to do with financing companies, this one in particular.

Loan Start DateApril 2017
Jack H.

Jack H.Western District, VIC

They don't provide Statements

If you get a Loan from Classic they will, not provide you bank Details unless you request it, and then you will find out it's an account with another bank. They don't have their own money or account management systems, they just open an account with St Georges.

Loan Start DateApril 2019
George S.

George S.South East Queensland, QLD

Arrogant customer service who don’t care about consumer

I have just closed an account with classic funding. Over the time it started well but as I contacted them and asked about certain charges and payouts classic funding were not able to give me factual reasons for overcharging me and double dipping on a payout figure break fee. Would not recommend this company to anyone

Business Loans

Find out how Classic Funding Group compares to other Business Loans

Lying company who will try to overcharge the contracted amount

After getting funding through classic funding in 2017 it started off ok until I wanted a payout figure 24 months after in 2019 where they couldn’t five me any factual evidence as to why I needed to pay near 30% over the actual borrow amount to finalise the contract. Even with paying 24 months of payments. Classic finance could never produce factual documents stating this. They are crooks

Loan Start DateJanuary 2017

Lets solar company sale they product with lies

Only agreed too the finance based on the solar redate tariff that was going to be provided, unfortunately this was never going to be honoured by the energy provider .
Lets company's sell they products with fake promises..

Good service, good people, good business

Each time I've dealt with people here I have had a friendly, serviceable experience. I don't think they deserve these nasty reviews!

AmandaJ77

AmandaJ77South East Queensland, QLD

Legal criminals - ZERO stars

Loan TypeLine of Credit
gentianne14

gentianne14DIMBOOLA

rude, no transparency, on the edge of dodgyness

Rude and Expensive - buyer beware

We got our loan 3 years ago and are being charged double the rate that is currently available for other green loans for solar. They are being very rude and difficult in letting us repay early. They are trying to charge me break fees on the original credit amount and not the outstanding balance. Shonky!!

Business Loans

Find out how Classic Funding Group compares to other Business Loans

Peter Graham

Peter GrahamNambour

Keep clear of this company

I got a loan from Classic funding group (a part of St George Bank) for solar panels and decided to pay my loan out three weeks after the loan started. Well that was very expensive and they were very rude.

J Fensomasked

I've seen from earlier comments how hard it is to get a basic Statement. I've rang a few times now and I'm still waiting and wondering. Am I to believe the reviews are true??

Nick
Nick

Very much. Unfortunately when I did receive the statement for a payout they were expecting $5,000 on top of the payout and break fees for a reason they could not explain

J Fensom

I'm not asking for a pay out figure I just need a statement to provide my lender for a new refinance of my home loan they are holding up the process terribly

Other Business Loans