Clearblue Easy Digital Ovulation Test

Clearblue Easy Digital Ovulation Test (page 3 of 7)

See the Best Pregnancy Tests in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Clearblue Easy? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Cons

• Didn't often provide consistent results

• Many reviews focus on receiving false positives

anne
anneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very accurate

Read some negative reviews here on this product. If it hadn't worked it means you haven't followed the instruction to a tee. For ie, Need to start testing on the day it suggested according to your number of days of cycle, as it records the unique pattern of your period. Then before you get the flashy smiley face, you should only test just once, using the urine of longest sleep. This means morning urine for most people. Or you can set an alarm to wake at 7 am to test. Then when you get flashy smiley face, you can test more than once as you wish to catch the peak. I had issue with it because I didn't follow it, then never get a smiley face, thinking it doesn't work.

Absolute waste of money!!!!!!!!! Don’t buy!

Keeps giving bloody errors!!! Doesn’t work! Simple as that. So high maintenance, shouldn’t be that difficult..
I’ve used many testes before.. never had this problem. You better off buying a pack of 4 off of amazon which all will work for the same price of this clearblu that clearly doesn’t work.. waste of time

Chibi
ChibiThe Entrance

Accurate, but pricey.

I have been using Clearblue, First Response, and thermometer to find out my ovulation. First Response is a mess and giving me ovulation results too often even though my temperature is low. But, Clearblue doesn't show ovulation sign until it is really happening. Also, it matches my temperature. I believe in this product. Only one thing is the price. I understand that the digital checker might be expensive, however, after 10 tests, it's still working. So, I wish they sell the test strips and the digital checker separately.

Pregnancy Tests

Find out how Clearblue Easy Digital Ovulation Test compares to other Pregnancy Tests

Paige
PaigeMelbourne

Waste of money

Test results were inaccurate showing peak fertility, then nothing, then peak fertility again 5 days later. The first time I bought this the actual digital monitor had an error and would not work during when I thought I was ovulating, the instruction manual suggested throwing it out if it had that particular error. I will never waste my money on this product again.

Sandy
SandySydney, NSW

4 out of the 10 tests didn't even work

Product is pretty hopeless. Almost half the sticks don't work, screen spends forever flashing and the test is so much more expensive than anything else on the market. Of the tests that do work, they encourage you to use them all in one cycle even when you know when you ovulate since it "tailors" to your specific hormone levels, that's $40 a month! And it doesn't show you're ovulating unless you do use them all up as I found out - I used this test and never "reached peak fertility" or even high fertility yet got pregnant.

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Sofia19
Sofia19Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A fraud of a product

I have used this product for almost two years trying to get pregnant with our second child. The last couple of months I have used it in conjunction with blood tests. I was NOT taking fertility medications or any other medications that may affect the result. It was consistently 5-6 days wrong about w hen I was ovulating, based on the more accurate blood tests and ultrasounds. I cannot believe the hundreds of dollars I have wasted on this product. It isn't accurate, even the doctors and the nurses at the clinic told me there are consistent huge variations and told me to stop using them. I strongly urge anyone wanting to get pregnant, who is struggling to be properly monitored by a doctor re ovulation as these kits cannot be relied upon.

pinqpixie
pinqpixieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Works perfect if you're irregular

I must admit it's difficult to find the perfect date to start testing because I am so irregular with my cycle. But it's better than nothing. There's nothing out there that's able to pin point the exact ovulation date and fertility window. At least we know for sure that I'm ovulating and we're trying it at the perfect time. If we don't fall pregnant, maybe the problem lies elsewhere instead of trying in the wrong times. The instructions are pretty clear but it takes a few reads to understand how it all works. The helpline has helped clarified a lot of questions too so I would definitely recommend to anyone who wants to maximise your chances.

5 error/ faulty tests out of 10

TOTAL Waste of money! Paid $60 and it's hit and miss if it's going to work even though I'm doing exactly the same thing every time. Appalling product, would NEVER recommend. Do not buy this product. Over priced and a scam. Can only purchase entire kit not individual tests. Do.not.buy!

Other Pregnancy Tests

So far 2 fails out of 10 tests, wouldn't mind but they aren't cheap.

Well so far I have tried 3 tests and 2 of them were failed tests (following instructions exactly) considering I paid $40 for 10 I'm pretty annoyed. And the fact that I held my urine for 4hrs as instructed now have to try again in another 4 hrs. Would not recommend.

Kate
KateQLD

You have to try for yourself

I read all the reviews before I tried this product and majority of them were negative but I thought I would give it a try.
We had been ttc for a while and nothing was happening, I stupidly had faith in the app I was using to help tract my ovulation. The Last month we tried I used the clear blue ovulation and tested just before I thought I would ovulate just in case I was ovulating early.. The last day I tested was 4 days past what I had thought was my peak fertile days (according to the app and my body symptoms) and I got a smiley face! Just under 2 weeks later we got our positive pregnancy test!
We had been trying at the wrong time and I'm thankful that I did use this to find out when I was actually ovulating!

Ren
Ren

Excellent worked first go

Excellent product. Worked first go. I have a 40 day cycle so my half way is 20 so I started day 16 and got smiley face on day 23. Understand once you get a smiley face the machine is then locked for 48hours with a smiley face. You could get hubby to pee on the stock during this time and it would say he is pregnant... it does not mean the product doesn't work. It just means once you have a smiley face it will stay that way for 48hours. This is when you should stop peeing on the stock and get busy.

TaraD
TaraDSydney

Great product

I'm suprised to read such negative reviews! I used this test the first month trying to conceive and we fell pregnant straight away for both pregnancies! I have a long cycle and unpredictable ovulation days so this product was key to assisting us. Def recommend to anyone trying to conceive!

Confused

Mine is coming up with O and I'm meant to be at my peak fertility. I'm so confused as to whether it's working or not :( after seeing so many girls post, I'm so angry I spent $40 on something that doesn't even work half the time! T L x

Pregnant!!!

I highly recommend this product. The first few cycles weren't successful but after using this product + tracking basal temps i am pregnant after the first use! I got the O, flashing smily face then the solid smiley face the same day my temp recorded ovulation. Currently 6 weeks pregnant :D You need to read instructions carefully, but i peed on the stick for approx 10 secs instead of the recommended.

Mich
Mich

Waste

Tested every day from 10-18
All saying no ovulation, tried a different brand on the same day and it said peak fertility!
Lucky I tried another test or I would have missed my days
So much money wasted too I feel they need to take these off the shelf!! Which is sad

Pregnancy Tests

Clearblue advanved digital ovulation test review

Red
Red

Total waste of money

I recently bought the advanced Clearblue test (which is supposed to measure two hormones) with 10 tests in it. Firstly, I bought it at a Chemist and then later saw that it was in the supermarket for $20 cheaper so that was annoying. However, much worse than that is that I've tried the test five times and each time it comes up saying that the test has failed. It has been an utter waste of money. Don't bother.

Sam
Sam

Total waste

I tried this test on my 6th day of period till 16th day which all shows O. Which means i am not ovulating crap. Please don't waste your money and time using this product. total waste. I guess i ovulate on 9th-10th day of my period so following my instincts.

Leanne Cee
Leanne CeeMelbourne

Waste of money

This won't even give me a result. Don't waste your money. The cheap ones off ebay seem to work. I thought this would be better as it is meant to be a reputable brand but I definitely won't be buying again. Complete waste of $40. It seems I am not the only one.

Maybe it's me

I spent $50 on the ovulation test from Rite Aid and so far I have only gotten the O... never the smiley face. I have tested myself every other day for 2 weeks. I have a regular period so I should be ovulation at some point. I will keep trying but I'm getting the idea that the tests are no good.

Does Not work

I bought these thinking they were great. Says 99% accurate. Well I used them, I felt I was ovulated and it said I wasn't. I was so disappointing. But I'm glad I listened to my instincts. Because I am pregnant. So don't be disappointed. Don't waste your money on these.

rossoblu87
rossoblu87

Fraud

Not that impressed

It did tell me when I was ovulating but I just kept getting 'high' days and no 'peak' so I read a few reviews and got my husband to pee on a fresh stick to see if it changed and it came up with a 'flash smiley face' aka 'high fertility'. I know for sure that my husband is NOT ovulating....lol....so I am not so sure on the correct mechanism of it. I do think it picked up when I started ovulating and I could indeed be pregnant (hopefully :D ) but I don't think it registered when I hit my peak (luckily I had an idea when my peak was because of cervical fluid) so we DTD. So overall I am not that impressed with it.

Alex K
Alex KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Got pregnant first time using!

Amazing, followed the instructions and got to our peak fertility, and we are pregnant! Highly recommend this product, especially if you are unsure exactly when you are ovulating, we did not expect to fall
Pregnant after trying it first go.
We then used the clear blue digital pregnancy tester to confirm it, 3 days before my expected period and wa-la 1-2 weeks pregnant :)

Lozza
LozzaBrisbane

Great test if you know how to use them

Ella
Ellaasked

Hallo, I stopped taking my last pill on the 13th of June 2021 and I normally would be ovulating from the 18th - 24th. The 23rd of June is normally ovulation day. I took a clear blue test on the 19th and it did not show a smiley as the 19th is not the most fertile day, but when I ejected the stick it showed two very visible lines, does that mean I am on my ovulation period? Thank you

Jarka D.asked

Hi what is shows smile face and 2 lines?

Is that positive

Emily
Emilyasked

I have been getting flashing smiley faces for 4 days and I done 2 tests yesterday one in the AM and one in the PM. I have chucked all my other sticks out but there is hardly a line to say it is picking up a LH surge at all? (CD23,24,25,26)
I am so confused first time using them should I be hopeful that I haven’t ovulated yet or the tests are just lying to me. I have long cycles last few months around 41-43 days usually my cycles are around 31-33 days.

See all Clearblue Easy Digital Ovulation Test questions

Features:

• Digital testing stick with an absorbent tip designed to be dipped into urine to detect the ovulating hormone LH (luteinizing hormone)
  • Receive an answer after 3 mins of using the product. If the LH surge is detected, the result window will flash with a smiley face. If no hormone surge is detected, then the window will show a blank circle.
  • This test aims to detect the rise of LH 24-36 hours before ovulation and identify the two best days in a menstrual cycle to try and conceive
  • Place the absorbent tip into your urine stream for 5-7 seconds, or collect a sample of your urine, and dip the test into the container for 15 seconds
  • Claims to be over 99% effective at detecting the LH hormone surge

What reviewers thought about this product:

Overall, it appears as though the majority of reviewers were not too pleased with this product, providing many scores that were under 3 stars.

Points of contention were mainly raised by reviewers who claimed that they didn’t receive the result that they were seeking from the product.

• For example, a reviewer mentioned that they received contrasting results: two different tests from the same box provided different results.
  • Others mentioned that they had false-positive results, stating that the test’s claims that they were ovulating were actually incorrect.
  • Multiple reviews reported receiving a positive result when dipping the test into a cup of water.
CategoryPregnancy Tests