Clearblue Easy Digital Ovulation Test

Clearblue Easy Digital Ovulation Test

See the Best Pregnancy Tests in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Clearblue Easy? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Cons

• Didn't often provide consistent results

• Many reviews focus on receiving false positives

Rach
RachBrisbane

Im not sure

I have been using this everyday on the days that are leading up to my ovulation - I cant quite pinpoint exactly when Im ovulating thats why Im testing and its still negative every single day! No smiley face ever. What am I doing wrong? Or why isnt it detecting any LH surge its so frustrating but I think this test is complete nonsense.

Purchased in October 2019 for $35.00.

Regular PeriodsYes
Edwina
Edwina

So annoying- total waste of plastic.

I have gone through four boxes in the past few years. And this most recent time am reminded that the amount of times the test just doesn’t work and says “refer to booklet” is ridiculous. Don’t waste your money. I follow the instructions each time and just waste the test because they don’t work.

Purchased in August 2019 for $35.00.

Regular PeriodsYes

Elle E
Elle ESydney

Don’t know if it’s me or the product

I’ve been using these for about 6 months. I’ve had one smiley face the whole time even though I’ve been charting/tracking. I did not fall pregnant that time. Recently the tests from one pack have kept failing and rather than take responsibility for their product, clearblue have blamed me for not using it properly. It’s idiot proof and the tests worked all the previous months so seems kind of odd that 3 tests from the same pack have all failed so far. I will no longer keep wasting money on this product.

Pregnancy Tests

Find out how Clearblue Easy Digital Ovulation Test compares to other Pregnancy Tests

Nat
Nat

Left me none the wiser

I bought the dual hormone test because seen as it was the more expensive I thought it would be the better choice. I got a highly fertile reading on the second day. This lasted for 8 days in total. My last test didn’t work so I still don’t know if or when I ovulated. I think it missed my LH surge as my body showed signs of ovulation. I wanted a bit of reassurance from this test as my cycles have been more irregular since the birth of my first baby. All in all I found it a waste of money and wouldn’t buy it again.

Disappointed

The first came up with low fertility then the next day the symbol with read instructions. On the third day came up with low fertility then on the fourth day again read instructions. I did the test the same time and correctly. I was very disappointed. I read reviews and thought this would be a great product. I have used cheaper brands and they seem to have worked!

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Jac
JacToowoomba

Confusing as hell

I have bought the test before and followed as directed, but the company cant seem to make up its mind when you should start testing. I referred to the pdf instructions online, and then, read the leaflet provided in the box, and they give DIFFERENT DAYS TO START TESTING. For example, my cycle is 26 days, should I should testing (according to the online pdf leaflet) on day 9. HOWEVER in the box leaflet it says day 7. Which is it?

djdj
djdjPerth, WA

Expensive, poor customer service

I have occasionally found test sticks are defective. I reported this recently. Clearblue website made me submit details online in two separate transactions including barcodes and a detailed problem description. I received an auto-email telling me to call. Clearblue is happy to charge premium for these test sticks - but less willing to provide assistance.

Confused

Mine is coming up with O and I'm meant to be at my peak fertility. I'm so confused as to whether it's working or not :( after seeing so many girls post, I'm so angry I spent $40 on something that doesn't even work half the time! T L x

Maybe it's me

I spent $50 on the ovulation test from Rite Aid and so far I have only gotten the O... never the smiley face. I have tested myself every other day for 2 weeks. I have a regular period so I should be ovulation at some point. I will keep trying but I'm getting the idea that the tests are no good.

Not that impressed

It did tell me when I was ovulating but I just kept getting 'high' days and no 'peak' so I read a few reviews and got my husband to pee on a fresh stick to see if it changed and it came up with a 'flash smiley face' aka 'high fertility'. I know for sure that my husband is NOT ovulating....lol....so I am not so sure on the correct mechanism of it. I do think it picked up when I started ovulating and I could indeed be pregnant (hopefully :D ) but I don't think it registered when I hit my peak (luckily I had an idea when my peak was because of cervical fluid) so we DTD. So overall I am not that impressed with it.

Faulty!!!

How can six sticks out of ten be faulty?
Waste of money and really useless. If it isn't hard enough, you have a product which deems to tell you the best time to conceive and even that doesn't work. I even had an older digital stick which I tried - and every time it would be seen as a faulty test. What the!

Product didn't work properly

The clear blue ovulation tester worked the first few times reading low hormone levels. Then started to read error this caused multiple attempts to get a reading & wasted a lot of the urine test sticks. No clear answer given in instruction booklet to problem with product and how to resolve it. Would not bother with this expensive product again.

Expensive poor quality

I think the tests were accurate although I paid $40 (on special) to use only 4 out of the 10 tests sticks without there showing an error meaning I had to test again.
I found this to be very expensive for not great quality. I am very disappointed.

Not so good experience

Bought this product as they claim to be advanced & tells how many weeks you've conceived which is good to know if you're expecting
So used this product after a week of missed period, got the message "pregnant 1-2 weeks" so told my husband & close family & friends...
On the day Im scheduled to see my doctor, woke up bleeding
So naturally rushed to the hospital thinking was having miscarriage
After urine & blood work, got a negative! So heartbroken!!!
Please I do hope this product shld improve to work as it should...

Other Pregnancy Tests

Two Tests Different Results!

I finished the strips of one test and I bought another one. The one that I finished gave me high fertility for four days and the new one no fertility. So I tested I both devices and one kept giving me high fertility while the other low fertility! How can I believe this tests?

Ella
Ellaasked

Hallo, I stopped taking my last pill on the 13th of June 2021 and I normally would be ovulating from the 18th - 24th. The 23rd of June is normally ovulation day. I took a clear blue test on the 19th and it did not show a smiley as the 19th is not the most fertile day, but when I ejected the stick it showed two very visible lines, does that mean I am on my ovulation period? Thank you

Jarka D.asked

Hi what is shows smile face and 2 lines?

Is that positive

Emily
Emilyasked

I have been getting flashing smiley faces for 4 days and I done 2 tests yesterday one in the AM and one in the PM. I have chucked all my other sticks out but there is hardly a line to say it is picking up a LH surge at all? (CD23,24,25,26)
I am so confused first time using them should I be hopeful that I haven’t ovulated yet or the tests are just lying to me. I have long cycles last few months around 41-43 days usually my cycles are around 31-33 days.

See all Clearblue Easy Digital Ovulation Test questions

Features:

• Digital testing stick with an absorbent tip designed to be dipped into urine to detect the ovulating hormone LH (luteinizing hormone)
  • Receive an answer after 3 mins of using the product. If the LH surge is detected, the result window will flash with a smiley face. If no hormone surge is detected, then the window will show a blank circle.
  • This test aims to detect the rise of LH 24-36 hours before ovulation and identify the two best days in a menstrual cycle to try and conceive
  • Place the absorbent tip into your urine stream for 5-7 seconds, or collect a sample of your urine, and dip the test into the container for 15 seconds
  • Claims to be over 99% effective at detecting the LH hormone surge

What reviewers thought about this product:

Overall, it appears as though the majority of reviewers were not too pleased with this product, providing many scores that were under 3 stars.

Points of contention were mainly raised by reviewers who claimed that they didn’t receive the result that they were seeking from the product.

• For example, a reviewer mentioned that they received contrasting results: two different tests from the same box provided different results.
  • Others mentioned that they had false-positive results, stating that the test’s claims that they were ovulating were actually incorrect.
  • Multiple reviews reported receiving a positive result when dipping the test into a cup of water.
CategoryPregnancy Tests