Clearblue Easy Digital Ovulation Test

Clearblue Easy Digital Ovulation Test

See the Best Pregnancy Tests in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Clearblue Easy? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Cons

• Didn't often provide consistent results

• Many reviews focus on receiving false positives

Katana pulcinella
Katana pulcinella Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This product is great first time I've used it. Just found out I am pregnant.

This is the First time I've used it. The results were accurate and i am now pregnant the instructions were clear and it was very easy to use. Couldn't be happier. Worth the money.

Purchased in October 2020 at Coles for $50.00.

Jackie
JackiePerth, WA

Definitely works better than any others

Used other brand. But found very difficult to tell the colour. This is very straight forward. Bit expensive. But with this technology and accuracy, it is worth it!! I used it for three times. All worked wonderful.

Purchased in July 2020 for $50.00.

Laurie_K
Laurie_KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Success first go

Yes the product is expensive, but it’s worth it. Fast, efficient and most importantly accurate. Worked for us, I fell pregnant the first time after using it. I turn 40 in November so didn’t have much time to lose. Would definitely recommend!

Purchased in May 2020 at Chemist Warehouse.

Rach
RachBrisbane

Im not sure

I have been using this everyday on the days that are leading up to my ovulation - I cant quite pinpoint exactly when Im ovulating thats why Im testing and its still negative every single day! No smiley face ever. What am I doing wrong? Or why isnt it detecting any LH surge its so frustrating but I think this test is complete nonsense.

Purchased in October 2019 for $35.00.

Pregnancy Tests

Find out how Clearblue Easy Digital Ovulation Test compares to other Pregnancy Tests

Lauren.as
Lauren.asGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worked first time

I can't fault this product. I went off the Mirena and was using an app, however, after a couple of months didn't feel the app and taking temp was accurate enough. I started testing with these day 8 of my cycle and fell pregnant during that cycle. Definitely recommend and worth the money especially if you are new to tracking your ovulation.

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $40.00.

Edwina
Edwina

So annoying- total waste of plastic.

I have gone through four boxes in the past few years. And this most recent time am reminded that the amount of times the test just doesn’t work and says “refer to booklet” is ridiculous. Don’t waste your money. I follow the instructions each time and just waste the test because they don’t work.

Purchased in August 2019 for $35.00.

Elle E
Elle ESydney

Don’t know if it’s me or the product

I’ve been using these for about 6 months. I’ve had one smiley face the whole time even though I’ve been charting/tracking. I did not fall pregnant that time. Recently the tests from one pack have kept failing and rather than take responsibility for their product, clearblue have blamed me for not using it properly. It’s idiot proof and the tests worked all the previous months so seems kind of odd that 3 tests from the same pack have all failed so far. I will no longer keep wasting money on this product.

The baby product awards for 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-baby-product-awards-for-2020
Jane
JaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worked for me

Worked perfectly for me. I found it really easy to use. I would recommend this product although it is on the pricey side, I found them more reliable then the cheap ones you get on eBay. If your trying to conceive then give them a go for sure :) :)

Nat
Nat

Left me none the wiser

I bought the dual hormone test because seen as it was the more expensive I thought it would be the better choice. I got a highly fertile reading on the second day. This lasted for 8 days in total. My last test didn’t work so I still don’t know if or when I ovulated. I think it missed my LH surge as my body showed signs of ovulation. I wanted a bit of reassurance from this test as my cycles have been more irregular since the birth of my first baby. All in all I found it a waste of money and wouldn’t buy it again.

Erin
ErinSydney

Helped me conceive quickly

I have pcos so my cycle is stuffed to say the least, but after trying for over a year I conceived in a month using these and charting results in the flo app. Their use is a little bit non intuitive and I can see why people find it confusing, but once I got the hang of them it was extremely easy.

Kate
Kate

Works perfectly - pregnant first month trying

Accurate ( I tested first urine of the day)
Super easy to use, just make sure you read the instructions before use. Couldn’t recommend more, the tests identified my fertile days and I fell pregnant the first month using these

Disappointed

The first came up with low fertility then the next day the symbol with read instructions. On the third day came up with low fertility then on the fourth day again read instructions. I did the test the same time and correctly. I was very disappointed. I read reviews and thought this would be a great product. I have used cheaper brands and they seem to have worked!

Clear Blue OPK works!

I recently bought cb opk on May 1st 2018.. on day 6 i got a smiley face! I didn't think they worked at first! I'm so happy to finally see a smiley face! we have been trying to conceive for 2 months! I wasn't sure what day i ovulate, but using clear blue opk has really pin pointed the correct time and day for me!

Jac
JacToowoomba

Confusing as hell

I have bought the test before and followed as directed, but the company cant seem to make up its mind when you should start testing. I referred to the pdf instructions online, and then, read the leaflet provided in the box, and they give DIFFERENT DAYS TO START TESTING. For example, my cycle is 26 days, should I should testing (according to the online pdf leaflet) on day 9. HOWEVER in the box leaflet it says day 7. Which is it?

djdj
djdjPerth, WA

Expensive, poor customer service

I have occasionally found test sticks are defective. I reported this recently. Clearblue website made me submit details online in two separate transactions including barcodes and a detailed problem description. I received an auto-email telling me to call. Clearblue is happy to charge premium for these test sticks - but less willing to provide assistance.

Ella
Ellaasked

Hallo, I stopped taking my last pill on the 13th of June 2021 and I normally would be ovulating from the 18th - 24th. The 23rd of June is normally ovulation day. I took a clear blue test on the 19th and it did not show a smiley as the 19th is not the most fertile day, but when I ejected the stick it showed two very visible lines, does that mean I am on my ovulation period? Thank you

Jarka D.asked

Hi what is shows smile face and 2 lines?

Is that positive

Emily
Emilyasked

I have been getting flashing smiley faces for 4 days and I done 2 tests yesterday one in the AM and one in the PM. I have chucked all my other sticks out but there is hardly a line to say it is picking up a LH surge at all? (CD23,24,25,26)
I am so confused first time using them should I be hopeful that I haven’t ovulated yet or the tests are just lying to me. I have long cycles last few months around 41-43 days usually my cycles are around 31-33 days.

See all Clearblue Easy Digital Ovulation Test questions

Features:

• Digital testing stick with an absorbent tip designed to be dipped into urine to detect the ovulating hormone LH (luteinizing hormone)
  • Receive an answer after 3 mins of using the product. If the LH surge is detected, the result window will flash with a smiley face. If no hormone surge is detected, then the window will show a blank circle.
  • This test aims to detect the rise of LH 24-36 hours before ovulation and identify the two best days in a menstrual cycle to try and conceive
  • Place the absorbent tip into your urine stream for 5-7 seconds, or collect a sample of your urine, and dip the test into the container for 15 seconds
  • Claims to be over 99% effective at detecting the LH hormone surge

What reviewers thought about this product:

Overall, it appears as though the majority of reviewers were not too pleased with this product, providing many scores that were under 3 stars.

Points of contention were mainly raised by reviewers who claimed that they didn’t receive the result that they were seeking from the product.

• For example, a reviewer mentioned that they received contrasting results: two different tests from the same box provided different results.
  • Others mentioned that they had false-positive results, stating that the test’s claims that they were ovulating were actually incorrect.
  • Multiple reviews reported receiving a positive result when dipping the test into a cup of water.
CategoryPregnancy Tests