Clearly

Clearly (page 5 of 5)

Listing monitored by Clearly Contacts

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (121)
FrustratedExCustomer
FrustratedExCustomerPerth

1 month and still no ETA on contact lenses

Dreadful service, contact lenses have not been in stock or sourced from their supplier for over a month. No reply from customer service on several follow up emails. Will never use them again

Eric
EricHobart, TAS

Hopeless

After years of perfect service from Net Optical it is sad that Clearly have ruined this business. My first order was met with an out of stock reply and the latest order...well I don't know because they have not responded to my messages for days now. Perhaps Covid 19 has something to do with it? Anyhow we've moved on.

Will
WillGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Clearly Stay Away!! Scam!!

Worst after sales customer service. False advertisement on the website about the delivery date. Quality is horrible and they do not use the lenses which they commit. Stay away from them as they are scammers.

S Stekic
S Stekic

Dont trust... rip off!

Do not buy! Rip off. Took over a month to get my order and by this time I had to go overseas and could not receive it, therefore I had to call to cancel it. They ignored my emails so I called by phone and I cancelled the order. told me that they would refund me within 4 days. Instead the next day they still placed the order in the mail! No refund so far and goods in the mail that no one can collect as I’m overseas for a year. Asked for a manager and they played the wait game then same person came back on telling me they’ll give refund again but highly doubt it.

G K.
G K.

Bombarded with FB advertising. Go away!

I could never support a company which bombards my social feed with ads. It’s incredibly intrusive. You really need to think about how your offensive advertising affects your brand. I would never use this product for this reason. Company conduct is as important to me as the product.

Brad G
Brad GGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Another international masquerading as 'local'

Avoid. Advertises as Australian but every part of the operation is internationally based. Huge delays and will never give a straight answer on where your purchase is, ended up cancelling. Another online sunglass store sham.

Worst experience ever and second time this has happened.

Placed the order on 29 November 2019 and not until I called them that they advised they were not only out of stock for my particular colour frame but all colours in this frame. This is the second time this has occurred. I would highly recommend that if you do use this service (loosely speaking) that you check by calling them and confirm that your frames are available before you purchase. Not catching me out again! Would never use Clearly again.

Dennis Marriott
Dennis MarriottGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Clearly - Lack of customer support

I have been a customer of the company Clearly acquired for probably around 12 years and I was very happy with them. Clearly are a disaster. My right eye contacts turned up and my left ones were on back order which I was advised and then nothing since. After just under 3 weeks later I enquired and was told they were waiting on the manufacturer and they would chase it up, they didn't and that conversation is not recorded on their contact software. From the time of purchase to supply is estimated as 6 weeks. I Googled found a company far cheaper and they are coming to now, ex stock!

Steve
SteveSydney, NSW

Delays, and then my lens never arrived

Former customer of OzContacts, always had great service. Clearly.com bought them a few months ago and with my first order they were out of stock. Delayed shipment by a week (even though I paid for express). I couldn't use my PO Box so had to use my home address. They used AusPost standard delivery, no signature, and it was "left in a safe place" which it wasn't, as I never received my contacts.

So if you're ordering from them maybe have a look at other companies that actually can deliver.

Jay Cee
Jay CeePerth, WA

Poor Service

If you dont have contacts in stock dont take orders. First email was end of October & now saying end of November but happy to take my money upfront. Will never use this company again & dont recommend you use them

Sheila1
Sheila1South East Queensland, QLD

Should be investigated

My problem with them is the same as all those reviews with 2 star or less. Can't believe they are allowed to advertise contact lenses that they don't have stock of. They take your money and then give you an update that your lens is a back order with no eta of the actual delivery. If you do not have stock, be upfront about it and offer a refund and not take my money and give me stupid excuses. They should be investigated for the practices they do by ACCC.

GeorgeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Misleading information on website

I had been a customer of NetOptical for years until they were recently bought out by Clearly. Today I went to reorder exactly the same contact lenses as I used to buy and they were $25 per box more than NetOptical used to charge. So I rang them and was answered by some overseas call centre, not Australian - they say on their website "Same awesome Aussie service" - really??? Would not budge on the price even though they say they price match and I quoted exactly the same lenses on another Australian site for $72 - the website had to be "on their list"! What a con! Just gave up after that.

George

Edit: the box of contact lenses I was talking about here are sold by Clearly for $104.95, NetOptical sold for $80, with no postage charge

melb_tim
melb_timGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

You get what you pay for...

Phong L.
Phong L.Perth, WA

Completely unacceptable

Ordered my contacts over 4 weeks ago. Contacted them 2 weeks later asking where my receipt and order information was, was told that I entered my information incorrectly and the contacts were sent back to the warehouse (yeah right) but had no problems taking my money. Customer Service said they will resend the contacts with express freight. Contacts still haven't shipped.

Craig
CraigMelbourne

Don't bother

I was a long-term NetOptical customer and always had exceptional and reliable service with prompt delivery times. NetOptical was recently acquired by Clearly. I ordered lenses two weeks ago and they failed to inform me of a supplier issue. That was despite their false claims in their website that they stock two million lenses and process orders the same day. I ended up cancelling and demanding a refund... if that doesn't come through I'll report them for fraud. Don't order from this company.

Debbie
DebbiePerth

scam and pls dont order from them

Would give less than one star if i could.

Would give less thanone star if i could.Ive ordered contactsand money has been taken from my account already to be told they are on back order from the manafacture only to arrive in september.I want my money back. False advertising.

Never received the contact lenses. Never got a refund.

Ordered contact lenses on July 2. It never reached me and was told that it’s being returned to their warehouse. They said its not getting refunded unless they see it in their warehouse. But they have always had the contact lenses, I never saw it, never touched and it never reached me. They could have lost the box. After 4 weeks and a bunch of emails later, they are still refusing to refund the contact lenses.

Lidia K
Lidia K

Very bad post-sale customer service

Be careful if planning to claim on a health fund.
Their receipt/invoice was not accepted by my health fund due to lack of item numbers for frames and lenses.
I have spoken to them on the phone 3 times already and they seem unable to fix it. Every time they promise yes yes we will send the corrected invoice and every time no result. It's like talking to robots who do not follow what you're saying. Very frustrating.

chee
cheeVictoria

Excellent Service and delivery as promise

I purchase online for a pair of short sight sunglasses. It was delayed due to low stock and was informed that it have to come from Vancouver Canada. They keep you well inform when they will arrived at you home. I have received and the quality was excellent as shown and also the lenses were of high quality super thin and polarised filter that really block the sun. The frame were from Japan too and over all the price was very reasonable( cheaper than OPSM or specsaver (poor quality)). I would definitely recommend from Clearly. The next pair I will get from them too.

fedup
fedupAustralia

One star too many

Having dealt with this company in the past, I now choose to shop elsewhere. Since taking my custom to a different provider I no longer use this company for my optical needs.