Clearview Cam

Clearview Cam (page 2 of 5)

Huge waste of money

My daughter got me one of these from Aus Post at the start of the year set it up following the instructions and have been very disappointed with it. So far I have had to reset it every time I start the car but don't bother anymore as it seems to reset the time and date and all other settings every time I turn the car off doesn't start properly every time I turn the car on and doesn't record at times have looked for things that have happened right in front of me but is nowhere to be found on the sd card nor is any motion detection footage so that doesn't work either will be getting a different dashcam as this one is absolute rubbish.

its great

i love having it , i have buy a second one for a family member and i hope that it help her out when out on the road when taking her kids to school and driving around the centre coast , and keeps her safe when she driving of other people on the roads

Not worth it

David

DavidCurrumbin

Clearview camera fitment.

I have positioned mine (Clearview Camera) behind the rear view mirror and it does not impede the front view by myself for any other person on the road!! This fitment in my view compliant with laws relevant to TV screens or similar.Great product and can be downloaded with relative ease.

Dash Cam ClearviewCam

So far so good. Clear visual on the little screen. Easy to use. Easy to change from day to night with just a touch of a button. Easy to download and view footage. Will be purchasing another two for other vehicles. Only problem is screw mount could be a tighter and not so floppy. Do like the motion sensor feature too.

clamp scerw

the locking on the screw mount could be a bit better. it keeps moving everytime i close the tailgate as i have it mounted as a rear view camera.also most upto date cameras use a MINI card. the clarity of the clearview dash camera is good ans its fold away screen is a great idea

Caz

CazTownsville

It is awesome

I love mine best thing out I can drive with ease knowing I have my dash cam on.Everyone should have one in there car as they are just a awesome item. Told all my children to buy one for there cars that they are great and they wouldn't be disappointed with it

Very useful

Product is working okay and was easy to setup in the car. I did find some of the instructions are a little bit confusing to follow. However over all I did find that the clear view cam works very well. Easy to mount and lock into place and is fairly unobtrusive.

I have been ripped off

I purchased a clear view cam for my wife's car on the28th December.When we received it it did not have a battery.After a month we got the battery and after charging the camera did not work,just a white screen.The camera was purchased through Global Shop Direct who I am having problems dealing with now.

globalshopGlobal Shop Direct

Hi Wally, we can replace or refund you. Just send an email to escalations@globalshopdirect.com.au

Wally

I would like a refund as I will not be confident in using inferior products

Good Unit

Since installation the unit has worked very well. It is easy to set up and use. Downloading information is easy using the sim card. It is so easy to install into the car, takes three minutes
Fitting the sim card to my computer the images are clear and well defined.
Very happy with the result.

this product is so hot it melts

Was very happy with the functionality of the unit. One downside, mine distorted/peeled back in all the corners , on the battery side, Side facing up, in the heat of the day. Battery nolonger hold charge. The unit has only been used for the last few weeks. However despite this the unit still works as long as its plugged in.

Chris

ChrisGold Coast

Picture quality is garbage

Clear view picture quality is very low, I almost got into an accident when a road side assistance ute made a u-turn in Pacific Highway (110 KPH speed limit). I reviewed the footage to get the plate number but because of the picture quality I am not able to get it. I didn't expect this camera to have a crisp footage but i also didn't expect garbage quality video.

globalshopGlobal Shop Direct

Hi Chris, have you adjusted the video resolution?

Perfect for my needs

I have been using my clear view cam for several weeks now and I couldn't be happier. It turns itself on and off and was simple to set up. Although I have not used any of the footage as yet I am confident that if something happens I will capture everything and have evidence of the incident. Very happy :-)

Dave

DaveQld, 4814

So easy, so clear, should have bought one long ago

Well packaged, easy installation, small size big specs, easy to use (although deleting is a bit clumsy), have fitted a 16gb card so I have hours of travel recording capacity, ideal for a long trip, have already captured some crazy footage of peoples driving antics, am about to buy 2 more to have one in each daily driver.

Driving safety is a major issue

It is illegal in Australia to have anything in a vehicle that obstructs a driver's view or is a screen that a driver can see that is not a driving aid. While these devices seem to be able to record events ahead of a vehicle, when positioned on the windscreen as shown on TV they have significant potential to obscure a driver's view. In addition, when the screen is displayed, it might be deemed a distraction to the driver. These issues do not appear to be well advertised.

Peter
Peter

Correct with the added condition that a screen that is not a driving aid eg GPS must not be visible to a driver. This is also in each State's regulations.

Allen Max

Allen MaxHunter Region, NSW

Very Happy with the Clearview Cam

It's excellent and gives peace of mind. Only criticism is the instructions sheet is only just adequate. I got a replacement one as the first one's screen stopped working, but was replaced promptly. I use it now with the screen up. I have taken the SD card out a number of times to view footage and it is very reassuring that you can review footage which is clear and time and date stamped.

Donnalee

DonnaleeMountain creek

Perfect

It does exactly what you see on the tv. We love our Clearview cam. I have had some of the cheaper ones and they don't work as well but with the Clearview cam it's always ready for the unexpected. I would recommend this product to everyone. Thankyou Clearview cam. Now we feel safe wherever we go. Cheers

Faulty clearview cam

Bought first clearview cam buttons didn't work, also after putting SD card in it kept saying no SD card until you tapped the side, returned the unit replaced it with another, buttons work but comes up no SD card although this was the SD card i was told to use by the seller, also unit feels and looks very cheap and instructions are very limited and not very helpful. Going to get money back tomorrow.

Great value for money and fun to use.

Really enjoying the clear cam, feel safer in the car. Love how portable it is and now I have a camera everywhere I go. Bought one each for whole family. Don't expect movie quality image on replay but it is clear and catches everything you need it to. Happy customer

Great does the job nicely

very easy to install, screen size is just right, daytime is clear, night just a little less but still good. Is not obstrusive and chargs when the vehicle is running, if the occassion occured the camera can be pointd n any direction even to see what is behind you if needed. Good value.