Click Broadband

Unable to provide decent connection speeds.

I had been with click for 5 months paying for 50mbps download speeds. After 3 weeks the speed dropped to around 5mbps (2.6-6.4mbsp) during peak periods. I talking to tech support multiple times with no results and had no helpful response from there management team despite multiple attempts over four months.
It was a slow painful experience dealing with Click.
I would not recommend them.

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Dear Customer, I am sorry to hear about this problem and apologise for the issue you're experiencing. At Click Broadband we value our customers and always want to see them happy with the service we offer. I have sent a private message where you can exchange your account details so that I can escalate & solve your issue as soon as possible. Thank you, Click TeamHi There, We aim to solve all issues in the shortest time possible but we have not been able to locate your account with us. Please kindly reply to our private message with your details so we can verify your account and have everything fixed for you ASAP. Regards, Click TeamHi! We have not received your contact or account details. If you are still experiencing speed issues with us, please kindly reply to our private message with your details, or you may call us on 1300 254 255. Our operating hours are 9AM-10PM AEST, 7 days. Look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Click Team

Very Very Slow Internet .. disconnected alot ... same crap answers

Bad: Internet is very very very very slow and drops out a lot. Same old answer daily restart your modem. Very painful
we have to use our 4g on our phones alot.
The cheap price means crap connection i think.

Good: customer service people are very nice to talk to even though nothing happens expect please restart your modem every day and the same old crap saying we will look into it with no feed back at all.

I need to change soon cant deal with this anymore.

December 18th 2018 Update: Extremely bad beware

Never ending madness dealing with company.
Internet can’t even send a email.
No refunds or assistance when is not working.
Good reviews are fake.
I am not sure how they get away with it.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Dear Wayne, We apologise for the speed issue you're experiencing. We'll escalate your case to our support team and try to resolve it ASAP. We'll get in contact with you soon. Regards, Click TeamDear Wayne, We have tried to look you up on our system, but unfortunately, we have not been able to find you yet. We have sent a private message where you can exchange your account details so that we can solve your issue as soon as possible. Thank you, Click TeamHi Wayne, We value our customers and we aim to solve all issues in the shortest time possible. However, we have not been able to locate your account with us. Please kindly reply to our private message with your details so we can verify your account and have everything fixed for you. Regards, Click Team

Speed was very low initially, but resolved.

Not happy with the speed over evening as I have paid for NBN50 initially, however after a few calls the speed issue is now resolved.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Thanks again Johnson for your review. Regards, Click Team.

Trying to charge a bogus $297 installation charge

I read these reviews and decided to go with Click NBN. However, when I called them up I was told that there was a $297 charge for a "New Copper Pair" installation.

I checked with NBN corp and they said there should be no charge at all (it's a long established area with HFC connection, not a green-field development). I checked Click's own critical information summaries and they do not allow for the charge in these circumstances. I have checked with Click's competitors and they confirmed no charge.

Notwithstanding this, I have hit a brick-wall talking to Click's Philippines call centre - "the computer says no".

Is this how they recoup the apparently low charges for the service?

Connection TypeNBN HFC (Cable)
Hi Will, Thank you for reporting this issue. If you can please assist us by providing your address via private message so we can escalate this issue for further investigation. Please also allow us to call you back with updates by providing us your contact number as well. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Regards, Click TeamThanks for the swift response. I have messaged you with the details.Hi Will, Thank you for your prompt response. We have received your details and forwarded them for further investigation. At Click Broadband we aim to offer the best customer service and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. Our support team will get in touch with you as soon as we have an answer. Regards, Click Team

Excellent speed and customer service

Easy to connect and so far speed is very good. Customer service very helpful and always available to answer. Would recommend

Connection TypeNBN HFC (Cable)
Thank You Mike for your excellent feedback! At Click Broadband, we'll do our best to provide our Customers with quality service so please do not hesitate to contact us if you have enquiries. Thanks again and Welcome to Click Broadband :) Best regards, Click Team

Superb customer service and turnaround time

Contacted Click to activate my NBN after 6pm on Friday, did *not* get in a queue / on hold for 20+ minutes (as it always happens with most other ISPs I called previously) and had the NBN activated in less than 48 hours on Sunday (!!). Even received a call on that day from the customer service representative to confirm this.
Every time I called Click before or after that I managed to get straight through to a friendly customer support member without any waiting time whatsoever.

Absolutely amazing!

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Thank You Dan for your excellent feedback! At Click Broadband, we'll do our best to provide our Customers with quality service so please do not hesitate to contact us if you have enquiries. Thanks again and Welcome to Click Broadband :) Best regards, Click Team

Not getting 12megabits.

I have experienced a few drop outs whilst streaming. I have checked the nbn download/ upload speeds on a couple of sites and am lucky to get 6Mb on a 12Mb plan.

Connection TypeNBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi Nicholas, We apologise for the speed issue you're experiencing. We've escalated your case and will do our best to resolve it ASAP. Our Support Team will get in contact with you soon. Regards, Click TeamThank you.Hi Nicholas! Our team tried to contact you via phone, SMS and email but we haven't heard from you so just want to check if you've received our messages. If you'd like us to call again, please provide a call back time and we'll advise the team to contact you during the nominated hours. Regards, Click Team

Great performance but very poor service

Very poor service. Took 3 days to setup the account with many phone calls required. On day when service was due to start there was no connection. 3 days later after many calls once again I was able to gain service.
Technical support could not make service work. With trial and error I found the correct settings to get the connection to work. No dropouts or speed problems though.
I dread having a problem and having to contact their support again.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Anthony, We apologise for the inconvenience you experienced but thank you for letting us know. We'll investigate this matter and improve our support team's service. Regards, Click TeamHi Anthony, Our team tried to contact you via phone, SMS and email but we haven't heard from you so just want to check if you've received our messages. If you'd like us to call again, please provide a call back time and we'll advise the team to contact you during the nominated hours. Regards, Click TeamMy comment in the above review about no dropouts or speed problems has turned out to be wrong. I am now suffering extremely slow speeds down to as low as 304kbps. On numerous occasions it has been less than 10mbps. These speeds are not during the peak of 6pm to 10pm. I have days of results from test.mynet measuring speeds every hour and I have numerous random tests as well. As yet Click have not resolved anything. These speed problems started around the time I posted my original review. I am on a 50 mbps plan and the maximum I have ever achieved at any time is 44mbps. Majority of the time speed is between 10 mbps and 30 mbps.

Evening speed not so reliable

I have intermittent speed issues with the service. Evening speeds have dropped below the advertised minimum evening speed on several occasions

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Michael, We apologise about the speed issue you're experiencing. We've escalated this case and will try and resolve this issue ASAP. Our Customer Service Team will get in contact with you soon. Regards, Click TeamHi Michael, Our team tried to contact you via phone, SMS and email but we haven't heard from you so just want to check if you've received our messages. If you'd like us to call again, please provide a call back time and we'll advise the team to contact you during the nominated hours. Regards, Click TeamDear Michael, Thank you very much for your patience & assistance! We have now solved this issue and we hope you continue to enjoy our services. If you need any help with anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 1300 254 255. Thank you, The Click Team

Speed not what is expected.

I have a 50 mbps plan. Normally the speed is ok. But in the evenings I do not get even 1 mbps at times.
At other times the speed I get is around 7-20mbps

Connection TypeNBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Anuj, Thanks for your feedback. We apologise about the speed issue you're experiencing and we have escalated your case. Our team will get in contact with you soon. Regards, Click TeamWell, never got to hear back from your team. When can I expect the call?Hi Anuj! I just checked with the team, they tried calling on 27th and 3rd but there was no answer, can you give me a nominated time for us to call? Regards, Click Team

Unhelpful staff

After researching I decided Click offered everything I needed and it appeared to be a reliable service. I contacted them to get connected but was told I would have to pay an NBN connection fee of $300. I told the person that the NBN was already connected into the premesis and no further work would be required. The staff member spoken to argued that this was not the case and no matter what I said I could not convince her otherwise, she expressed no willingness to recheck her records. I realised from this that if I agreed and followed through with Click I may never see my money again even when they saw the connection was in the premesis. I went to my second choice provide and am now connected through the existing NBN point with no NBN connection fee.

Connection TypeNBN HFC (Cable)
Hi David, Thanks for taking time to leave your feedback, can you please provide us with your correct contact details as we couldn’t locate you (you can message us directly) so we can investigate the issue you had, and if there was an error on the NBN supplier portal, we need to report it to NBN and get it rectified. Regards Click TeamI suspect that was the case but I couldn’t understand why the staff member wasn’t prepared to check the information out for an error and offer to get back to me when I clearly told her the building had been fully wired for HFC and there was a point already installed in the premesis. I’m happy to supply address details but I can’t see any way to send you a private message.Hi David, thanks for your reply. We have sent you a private message, please see if you can reply to the message with your details so we can carry out investigation. We apologise for the experience you had with us and we greatly appreciate your assistance. Wish you all the best! Regards, Click Team

A good service, genuinely fast and more consistent than previous services I've used.

I have thusfar enjoyed my internet service with Clickbb, it has been trouble free and fast. Their customer service is prompt and friendly. I would recommend it to anyone.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Thank You Tarragon for your great feedback :)

Good service, SUPER slow speeds

We have FTTP and a 50/20 plan and speeds have never been above 10/3, and at night and weekends it is almost unusable. The service and set up was good and fast, just a shame the speeds are not even close to what they advertise. Will be changing to a company that can deliver what they promise ASAP.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Krecha, We apologise for the speed issue that you are experiencing and we will get our Support Team to look into this and resolve the issue as soon as possible. Can you please advise your account number and a suitable time for us to call so we can organise our support team to contact you ASAP. We will need to troubleshoot with you to resolve any issues. Regards Click TeamHi, account 40295790. Have run tracert with cat6 direct to NTD. Ping google servers and a few others. Have just changed from another ISP on a 100/40 plan and was always within 15% of max speeds. Only thing that has changed is the ISP. ALL test show click broadband is throttling the speed and bandwidth. I Do not have the time to keep chasing this up, so thought everyone should know what you are in for when signing up with click broadband. If click broadband unthrottled the connection so the speed and bandwidth were close to what they advertise, and with their customer service, they would get 5 stars.Click has since replied and fixed our super slow speeds. To their credit it was a fast reply and fixed straight away. I would give 5 stars but cant seem be able to edit the original post. Just a shame customers have to complain to get the service they are paying for now days.

Very bad peak speeds - -< 10Mbps on 100/40 plan. Support helpful.

Extremely low speeds during peak times. Paying for a 100/40 FTTP (fibre to premise) connection and receiving 7Mbps - 15Mbps quite often during peak times. Have received a full refund.

Staff have been good to talk to and provided good technical support, but they just don't have enough bandwidth purchased to provide consistent speeds during peak times in Toowoomba area at least.

If evening speed is not important to you, this could be a decent option for you, but it was difficult to even load youtube videos, streaming services etc.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Good customer service and good speed

I had some speed and connection issues but the customer support team resolved them quickly and promptly and was very helpful in the whole process very happy with the service I am receiving NBN FTTN Wendouree area.

Start DateOctober 2018
Adequate Speeds Yes
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Mark, Thank you for your great feedback! We hope you continue to enjoy our services and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need help with anything else. Best regards, Click Team

Started off OK. But then...

The onboarding experience (transferring from another NBN provider) was a bit kludgy but the customer service staff got it across the line. On the advice of their offshore contact centre staff, I signed onto the 50/20Mbps plan. I've given-up trying to get through to them any more for enquiries/support as the wait times are just bonkers.

Living directly across the road from the node, I know the maximum up/down speeds for my connection are 97382/36010 and was getting very close to those speeds from my previous NBN provider before they withdrew from the market. I figured 50/20 would be fine.

And it was. For a while. For the first few months, I was seeing consistent speeds of ~46500/~17000 at any time of the day or night. But by Christmas 2018 the bandwidth started to dry up. Today, I struggle to sustain 10000 down and 1500 up during the day making working from home (with video conferencing and heavy file transfers) almost impossible. And we've given-up on Netflix 4K streaming of an evening where speeds of 8000/900 are not uncommon. I used to get better speed from my old ADSL2+ connection where I was at the end of almost 4km of copper from the exchange!

Start DateAugust 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi DJ, We are really sorry to hear this. Can you please assist us by providing your CRN (we'll send you a private message, simply reply to it) so we can further investigate the issue and resolve it ASAP. Regards, Click TeamThanks for reaching out, Sunna. There is no issue to resolve any more as I have churned to another provider.Thanks for your reply, DJ. Sorry to hear that we can no longer be at your service but we wish you all the best with the new provider. Regards, Click Team

Slow speeds and drop outs.

Start DateDecember 2018
Connection TypeWireless
Dear Chris, We're really sorry to hear about this. Can you please kindly reply to our Private Message with your CRN and we'll investigate this issue ASAP. Our Support Team may contact you for more information and we will do our best to resolve this. Regards, Click TeamMy internet speeds are around 20mbs and I have frequent dropouts. I paying for 50mbps. My surrounding area is mostly paddocks. Between me and the tower is only open fields, The tower is only about a Kilometer away. This is not what I signed up for.Hi Chris, We have received your account details and we have escalated your case for investigation. Our support team to work to resolve the issue ASAP and will get in touch with you shortly. Best regards, Click Team

Poor speed & customer service

Very poor speeds & lags I’ve been with ISP. Customer Service poor speaking to OS people. never listened to my issues. Frustrating, ripoff ISP on the market. Changed to better provider.

Start DateSeptember 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Nick, We are sorry to hear about this. Can you please assist us by providing your CRN via Private Message so we can investigate & resolve this issue ASAP? Regards, Click Team

Outstanding service and internet connection

I just got connected to click broadband and the service has been outstanding from start to finish. The speed I’m an getting now is unbelievable compared to my previous internet.

Start DateFebruary 2019
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi Jason, Thank you for your great feedback. We hope you continue to enjoy our service with us and if you have any enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. Regards, Click Team

Terrible speed

My plan is 45mbps but always come it’s 12mbps
Many time it’s dropouts
And some time in evening speed drop like 2 mbps I called many time but thay can’t resolve the py

Start DateOctober 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Dear Pradumankumar, We are sorry to hear about this problem. At Click Broadband we value our customers and always want to see them happy with the service we offer. We have located your account and escalated your case for investigation. We plan to solve this issue as soon as possible and will provide you with an update once we do. Once again, we apologise for any inconvenience caused. Regards, Click Team