Click Broadband

Poor speed & customer service

Very poor speeds & lags I’ve been with ISP. Customer Service poor speaking to OS people. never listened to my issues. Frustrating, ripoff ISP on the market. Changed to better provider.

Start DateSeptember 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Nick, We are sorry to hear about this. Can you please assist us by providing your CRN via Private Message so we can investigate & resolve this issue ASAP? Regards, Click Team

Terrible speed

My plan is 45mbps but always come it’s 12mbps
Many time it’s dropouts
And some time in evening speed drop like 2 mbps I called many time but thay can’t resolve the py

Start DateOctober 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Dear Pradumankumar, We are sorry to hear about this problem. At Click Broadband we value our customers and always want to see them happy with the service we offer. We have located your account and escalated your case for investigation. We plan to solve this issue as soon as possible and will provide you with an update once we do. Once again, we apologise for any inconvenience caused. Regards, Click Team

No value for money

I used to get NBN 12, then moved to NBN 25 to get better speed. I terms speed it did not improve significantly. Also, their customer service is super awful.

Start DateNovember 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Ahmed, We are sorry to hear about this problem. We will escalate your account for investigation and you will be contacted by our staff soon. In the future if any issues occur, please contact us directly on 1300 254 255, or via our website using our LiveChat or Contact Form functions before leaving feedback so we can address them more quickly. Thank you, Click Team

Can't even load a video

I signed up 2 services, 1 was to be connected immediately, and 1 at a later date, both were confirmed by rep and email but still had to chase up a week later to only found out they thought both were to be connected at a later date.

It has been roughly a week since I connected and the speeds have been horrendous, particularly during peak (7-11pm). I barely get beyond 5mb/s. Currently it is 10pm and my speed is 0.68mb/s! The default quality for any youtube videos is 144p and still buffers.

I have mentioned this with their customer service and they told me to screenshot the speeds (which I will) and they will look into it.

While it is a competitive price, I don't think the abysmal speed is worth it. If it doesn't improve drastically I think I'll opt out after this month and cancel my other pending service with them to save the hassle.

Start DateFebruary 2019
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Dear An Tran, Thanks for sharing your speed test results and we are sorry to hear about this problem. In order to escalate your case for further investigation, please kindly reply to our Private Message with your account details. We will do our best to solve this issue ASAP and will get in touch with you once we have updates. Regards, Click Team

Trying to steal $297 from customers

Spent 5 hours on the phone between Click, NBNCO, Telstra and another ISP trying to work out why Click wanted to charge me $297 to connect a 40yo property with an existing phone line. The ‘Class 11’ (my house) doesn’t mean there is no phone cable, it means NBN needs to verify the infrastructure which they do during the appointment. This information was confirmed by NBN, Telstra, and the 3rd service provider who I’m now with. Guess what? No $297 charge with them!

In order to ‘prove’ I had a phone line, I was asked to take a photo of the phone socket?! Just crazy.

NBN confirmed they would only pass on the connection fee when there is no infrastructure in place, and then the isp may pass this on to the consumer. I don’t know how Click can get away with demanding $297 upfront before they check the infrastructure. Theiving, dodgy business tactics that shouldn’t be tolerated. Go with literally anyone else.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Tim, Thanks for taking time to share your feedback, we have worked closely on your case with our provider since you raised your concern. The NBN portal shows that there are no active CPI or phone line, which triggers a charge of $297 that we pass directly to customers (this differs from New development fee which is charged by NBNCo/providers directly when there is no existing phone line). In order to confirm if there would be a charge, we need to submit the evidence to NBN therefore we requested for your assistance, however, you were not able to provide us with any supporting materials. We will never steal from our customers, we have been providing thousands of customers with great service for over ten years. We wish you the best of luck with your new provider. Regards, Click TeamHi there, I cannot believe you are still trying to mislead potential customers. You don’t ‘need’ to provide evidence to NBN, NBN themselves said that if the infrastructure is in place (which they check when then visit the property on appointment) then they do not pass on any charge! This means that you are pocketing $297 from the customer without any justification. NBN told me to stay away from any ISP demanding connection fees upfront, and yours is the only company that asked me for one. Look at your other negative reviews, I wasn’t the only one you’re trying to mislead with this charge. Change your business practices or continue to lose more potential customers.Hi Tim, Our team is only following the NBN guidelines and the system at the time showed that New Copper installation is required at your address (please refer to screen shot here https://imgur.com/a/TMrvDmP). This is what triggers the $297 fee. We tried our best to log a case with our supplier to initiate an investigation with NBNCo for the data discrepancy but we couldn’t escalate it with just a simple claim, we needed evidence to support our argument hence requested for some paperwork at the time or even a snapshot of the socket. There has been similar cases previously where the customer was able to give us proof allowing us to show NBNCo the data discrepancy hence no charge was submitted to the customer. We apologise for any confusion that resulted because of this and continue to wish you the best of luck with your connection. We would also like to confirm that we only pass such a charge to a customer if we get charged by NBNCo. So far, this has only affected 1% of our total customers, hardly a money making issue. Regards, Click Team

Trying to charge a bogus $297 installation charge

I read these reviews and decided to go with Click NBN. However, when I called them up I was told that there was a $297 charge for a "New Copper Pair" installation.

I checked with NBN corp and they said there should be no charge at all (it's a long established area with HFC connection, not a green-field development). I checked Click's own critical information summaries and they do not allow for the charge in these circumstances. I have checked with Click's competitors and they confirmed no charge.

Notwithstanding this, I have hit a brick-wall talking to Click's Philippines call centre - "the computer says no".

Is this how they recoup the apparently low charges for the service?

Connection TypeNBN HFC (Cable)
Hi Will, Thank you for reporting this issue. If you can please assist us by providing your address via private message so we can escalate this issue for further investigation. Please also allow us to call you back with updates by providing us your contact number as well. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Regards, Click TeamThanks for the swift response. I have messaged you with the details.Hi Will, Thank you for your prompt response. We have received your details and forwarded them for further investigation. At Click Broadband we aim to offer the best customer service and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. Our support team will get in touch with you as soon as we have an answer. Regards, Click Team

NBN 100 at times slower than ADSL

It's been bloody hopeless since Day 1.

Today the service is testing at 25Mbit. Sometimes 10 or below. At times the service can reach 100 (so the line is physically capable of the high speeds) but that is the exception rather than the rule. There are lots of hollow promises from the Philippines of fixing it, but nothing eventuates, and the service just keeps getting slower.

Connection TypeNBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi Richo, We are sorry to hear about this problem. At Click Broadband we value our customers and always want to see them happy with the service we offer. We have sent a private message where you can exchange your account details so that we can solve your issue as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Regards, Click TeamHi Richo, We haven't received your account details yet. Please send them through via private message so we can escalate your concern and have the issue fixed ASAP. Or if you wish to contact us directly, please call 1300 254 255. Our operating hours are 9am to 10pm AEST 7 days. Hope to hear from you soon. Regards, Click TeamHi Richo, We would like to follow-up on the speed issue. If you are still experiencing slow speeds, please kindly provide us with your account details so we can have the issue resolved ASAP. Regards, Click Team

Very slow NBN. Cancelling is a nightmare

Connection was very slow especially during peaks. They assured that they would look into. It nothing they can do I guess - I had expected it to be a bit slower due to their pricing but it was half of any other ISP I’ve been on with NBN.

Cancelling - told it was fine. Get sent a new bill. Called - eventually told that it was an error, just to ignore it. Here we are now with a reminder notice for the same bill.

Woeful.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Travis, We apologise once again for the issues you've experienced. We have confirmed that your account is cancelled and you will no longer receive any bills from us. We wish you all the best. Regards, Click TeamTrue, but you also confirmed this on the call I had with you and the email you sent me after that call on 11/12/2018. Thanks for you reply but I’d still warn people to stay well away.

Unable to provide decent connection speeds.

I had been with click for 5 months paying for 50mbps download speeds. After 3 weeks the speed dropped to around 5mbps (2.6-6.4mbsp) during peak periods. I talking to tech support multiple times with no results and had no helpful response from there management team despite multiple attempts over four months.
It was a slow painful experience dealing with Click.
I would not recommend them.

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Dear Customer, I am sorry to hear about this problem and apologise for the issue you're experiencing. At Click Broadband we value our customers and always want to see them happy with the service we offer. I have sent a private message where you can exchange your account details so that I can escalate & solve your issue as soon as possible. Thank you, Click TeamHi There, We aim to solve all issues in the shortest time possible but we have not been able to locate your account with us. Please kindly reply to our private message with your details so we can verify your account and have everything fixed for you ASAP. Regards, Click TeamHi! We have not received your contact or account details. If you are still experiencing speed issues with us, please kindly reply to our private message with your details, or you may call us on 1300 254 255. Our operating hours are 9AM-10PM AEST, 7 days. Look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Click Team

Very Very Slow Internet .. disconnected alot ... same crap answers

Bad: Internet is very very very very slow and drops out a lot. Same old answer daily restart your modem. Very painful
we have to use our 4g on our phones alot.
The cheap price means crap connection i think.

Good: customer service people are very nice to talk to even though nothing happens expect please restart your modem every day and the same old crap saying we will look into it with no feed back at all.

I need to change soon cant deal with this anymore.

December 18th 2018 Update: Extremely bad beware

Never ending madness dealing with company.
Internet can’t even send a email.
No refunds or assistance when is not working.
Good reviews are fake.
I am not sure how they get away with it.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Dear Wayne, We apologise for the speed issue you're experiencing. We'll escalate your case to our support team and try to resolve it ASAP. We'll get in contact with you soon. Regards, Click TeamDear Wayne, We have tried to look you up on our system, but unfortunately, we have not been able to find you yet. We have sent a private message where you can exchange your account details so that we can solve your issue as soon as possible. Thank you, Click TeamHi Wayne, We value our customers and we aim to solve all issues in the shortest time possible. However, we have not been able to locate your account with us. Please kindly reply to our private message with your details so we can verify your account and have everything fixed for you. Regards, Click Team

Great performance but very poor service

Very poor service. Took 3 days to setup the account with many phone calls required. On day when service was due to start there was no connection. 3 days later after many calls once again I was able to gain service.
Technical support could not make service work. With trial and error I found the correct settings to get the connection to work. No dropouts or speed problems though.
I dread having a problem and having to contact their support again.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Anthony, We apologise for the inconvenience you experienced but thank you for letting us know. We'll investigate this matter and improve our support team's service. Regards, Click TeamHi Anthony, Our team tried to contact you via phone, SMS and email but we haven't heard from you so just want to check if you've received our messages. If you'd like us to call again, please provide a call back time and we'll advise the team to contact you during the nominated hours. Regards, Click TeamMy comment in the above review about no dropouts or speed problems has turned out to be wrong. I am now suffering extremely slow speeds down to as low as 304kbps. On numerous occasions it has been less than 10mbps. These speeds are not during the peak of 6pm to 10pm. I have days of results from test.mynet measuring speeds every hour and I have numerous random tests as well. As yet Click have not resolved anything. These speed problems started around the time I posted my original review. I am on a 50 mbps plan and the maximum I have ever achieved at any time is 44mbps. Majority of the time speed is between 10 mbps and 30 mbps.

Unhelpful staff

After researching I decided Click offered everything I needed and it appeared to be a reliable service. I contacted them to get connected but was told I would have to pay an NBN connection fee of $300. I told the person that the NBN was already connected into the premesis and no further work would be required. The staff member spoken to argued that this was not the case and no matter what I said I could not convince her otherwise, she expressed no willingness to recheck her records. I realised from this that if I agreed and followed through with Click I may never see my money again even when they saw the connection was in the premesis. I went to my second choice provide and am now connected through the existing NBN point with no NBN connection fee.

Connection TypeNBN HFC (Cable)
Hi David, Thanks for taking time to leave your feedback, can you please provide us with your correct contact details as we couldn’t locate you (you can message us directly) so we can investigate the issue you had, and if there was an error on the NBN supplier portal, we need to report it to NBN and get it rectified. Regards Click TeamI suspect that was the case but I couldn’t understand why the staff member wasn’t prepared to check the information out for an error and offer to get back to me when I clearly told her the building had been fully wired for HFC and there was a point already installed in the premesis. I’m happy to supply address details but I can’t see any way to send you a private message.Hi David, thanks for your reply. We have sent you a private message, please see if you can reply to the message with your details so we can carry out investigation. We apologise for the experience you had with us and we greatly appreciate your assistance. Wish you all the best! Regards, Click Team

Ripped Off

Take a moment prior to committing to CLICK
I Changed to Click for better monthly pricing. Ended up costing me more, because I had to purchase one of their own modems - My own modem is not locked to the previous provider, but it still wasn't compatible with Click. There's the catch!... offer a great monthly discount, then get the money back by having to purchase their equipment.....Ha!
Apparently it takes 27 days to port a phone number from one NBN provider to another....Huh?
I was told I had to start on the NBN50 plan, then once connected, upgrade to the NBN100. Over the next 3 weeks I requested (3 times) the status on the upgrade and Voip service, only found out FINALLY, that I cannot upgrade my NBN as my line speed is apparently max'd at 48-52Mbps.... REALLY?! I don't think so! I was on 100Mbps with my last provider; in fact we sometimes received higher speeds, as the NBN box is directly outside our house.
So now, I still have no phone, I am sitting on slower internet speed and it's cost me MORE overall than my last provider.....

Not happy jan!!!

Connection TypeNBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi, We are sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with our service. If you can kindly provide us with your CRN/account number, we will have your case escalated to our support team for a resolution ASAP. Regards, Click Team

No good

This is the Slowest download speed of any previous provider, will be switching very soon, should have stayed with my previous provider.

Connection TypeNBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Robert, thanks for taking time to share your feedback, we will be getting in touch with ASAP to try to solve any issues you are having. Regards Click Team

Not what i signed up for

I'm on the top plan 100 and in all of my speedtests i cant get more than 22mbps. Usually far less. My emails have also gone unanswered. Frustrating!

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Micheal, Thanks for taking time to share your feedback, we will be getting in touch with ASAP to try to solve any issues you are having. Regards Click TeamThank you for sorting this issue out for me and fixing the problem. Good service

Very slow speeds

We signed up for 50/20 plan on FTTN with Click after being let down by Dodo. Speed just after setup and for a couple of days were good. Then kept getting slower and slower even to the point that we could not view Netflix at all. Speeds 10/5 during peak. Slower than ADSL2. Usual cop outs with technicians quoting from scripts. Went to TPG on 100/50 plan. Average speed 92/47 even during peak.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Joseph, Thanks for your feedback. We take your feedback seriously and we will work closely with our carriers to improve and provide the best broadband experience to our customers. We wish you all the best. Regards, Click Team

Started off OK. But then...

The onboarding experience (transferring from another NBN provider) was a bit kludgy but the customer service staff got it across the line. On the advice of their offshore contact centre staff, I signed onto the 50/20Mbps plan. I've given-up trying to get through to them any more for enquiries/support as the wait times are just bonkers.

Living directly across the road from the node, I know the maximum up/down speeds for my connection are 97382/36010 and was getting very close to those speeds from my previous NBN provider before they withdrew from the market. I figured 50/20 would be fine.

And it was. For a while. For the first few months, I was seeing consistent speeds of ~46500/~17000 at any time of the day or night. But by Christmas 2018 the bandwidth started to dry up. Today, I struggle to sustain 10000 down and 1500 up during the day making working from home (with video conferencing and heavy file transfers) almost impossible. And we've given-up on Netflix 4K streaming of an evening where speeds of 8000/900 are not uncommon. I used to get better speed from my old ADSL2+ connection where I was at the end of almost 4km of copper from the exchange!

Start DateAugust 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi DJ, We are really sorry to hear this. Can you please assist us by providing your CRN (we'll send you a private message, simply reply to it) so we can further investigate the issue and resolve it ASAP. Regards, Click TeamThanks for reaching out, Sunna. There is no issue to resolve any more as I have churned to another provider.Thanks for your reply, DJ. Sorry to hear that we can no longer be at your service but we wish you all the best with the new provider. Regards, Click Team

Slow speeds and drop outs.

Start DateDecember 2018
Connection TypeWireless
Dear Chris, We're really sorry to hear about this. Can you please kindly reply to our Private Message with your CRN and we'll investigate this issue ASAP. Our Support Team may contact you for more information and we will do our best to resolve this. Regards, Click TeamMy internet speeds are around 20mbs and I have frequent dropouts. I paying for 50mbps. My surrounding area is mostly paddocks. Between me and the tower is only open fields, The tower is only about a Kilometer away. This is not what I signed up for.Hi Chris, We have received your account details and we have escalated your case for investigation. Our support team to work to resolve the issue ASAP and will get in touch with you shortly. Best regards, Click Team

NBN 50 is slow

We have NBN 50 and find that the connection sometimes drops out and also lags. We were with another company previously on the same speed tier and never had any issue but when we changed to click the speed has been much slower we are not very happy and are contemplating changing companies

Start DateDecember 2018
Connection TypeWireless
Dear Monique, We are sorry to hear about this problem. At Click Broadband we value our customers and always want to see them happy with the service we offer. We have tried to look you up on our system, but unfortunately, we have not been able to find you yet. We have sent a private message where you can exchange your account details so that we can solve your issue as soon as possible. Thank you, Click Team

Speed not what is expected.

I have a 50 mbps plan. Normally the speed is ok. But in the evenings I do not get even 1 mbps at times.
At other times the speed I get is around 7-20mbps

Connection TypeNBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Anuj, Thanks for your feedback. We apologise about the speed issue you're experiencing and we have escalated your case. Our team will get in contact with you soon. Regards, Click TeamWell, never got to hear back from your team. When can I expect the call?Hi Anuj! I just checked with the team, they tried calling on 27th and 3rd but there was no answer, can you give me a nominated time for us to call? Regards, Click Team