Click Energy

Click Energy Questions & Answers (page 3 of 5)

3.9 from 5,461 reviews

86 questions from our users

Howard

Howardasked

Has anyone signed up electricity online using Good Food promotion code back in Aug 2017 and received $50 voucher? I have not received the voucher as today! could be marketing scam!

tricia
tricia

Neensasked

The discount applies to next bill so what happens on my last bill? How is its discount applied? I want to move out of Click. They are a big chunk of liars, play dirty sales tactics on customers

Neil
Neil

When moving from Click you get two invoices, on the the back of the first bill it says actual, which apparently refers to the meter readings, on the front it will show the balance to be paid and the discount you receive on the next bill. They then send a second invoice which on the reverse, says final, this invoice however shows no discount on the front. When you enquire with Click about the missing discount (which could require up to a one hour wait online) the story is, because you do not have any further bills there is no discount. All this after a 100% increase in Controlled power tariff and a 40.71% increase in All Day power tariff since 01 July does not sit well.

Neens

This is ridiculous!! These guys are thieves. I dint get any discount on my first bill coz the discount applies on the next bill. And then i wont get any discount on my last bill coz there is no next bill to apply the discount.

These guys are ripping us. Their representative called me and convinced me to switch my gas connection to Click for cheaper rates and a $50 bonus credit. When I actually got my first bill, there was only $25 credit and way way higher rates compared to what they promised over the phone. Cheap Sales tactics! When I emailed them a million times, then I received a response to say the other $25 would be credited after 12 months! Unbelievable!
I am moving out of Click for both electricity and Gas now. Cant handle this anymore. Guys, never ever go with Click. They're a rip off

Ebee
Ebee

I have had similar experience with this disreputable company. They have hijacked my gas and electricity accounts not once but twice and they still continue to send me bills for services that they do not have. Have referred them to the ombusman and as a result they will not accept any calls from me . And they call that customer service !!!

Mel65

Mel65asked

If we switch to Click and we weren't happy, are we locked in for a specific time? Would there be an exit/penalty fee?

En1991

CLICK doesn't have lock in contract! CLICK doesn’t need to tie you down, their great rates, discounts and feed-in tariffs will earn their keep as your energy retailer of choice.

ChrisOz
ChrisOz

I think En1991 meant to say:

"CLICK doesn't have lock in contract! CLICK doesn’t need to tie you down, their shockingly inflated tariffs and meaningless pay on-time credits, inaccurate readings skewed towards peak usage and blatant marketing lies promising benefits like monthly pre-payments that never eventuate will earn them enough in the time they latch onto you that they will not care if you correctly decide that they are not your energy retailer of choice."

LetsTalk
LetsTalk

Move on, I have switched and annoyed I have to wait for 10 business days cooling off with new retailer. It gives this bunch of crooks a final chance to slug me with a final bill with NO DISCOUNTS applied!

sunil

sunilasked

Below are my billing concerns. Hard to restrict to 1000 words.
1. Where do I see the start and end meter reading in bill?
2. Why do I see the below slab of different rates of 0.30, 0.21, 0.20 this time, which is different than the energy sheet?
3. Why are the slabs different in both latest and older bill?

Latest Bill
Details (18/05/2017 - 14/08/2017) Usage Rate (Ex. GST) Total
All Day Usage - Step 1 (016320 001) (1/7 - 14/8) 522.54 kWh $0.302570
All Day Usage -Step1 (016320 001) (18/5 - 30/6) 483.52 kWh $0.218040
All Day Usage -Step2 (016320 001) (18/5 - 30/6) 27.42 kWh $0.207770

Older bill
Details (18/05/2017 - 14/08/2017) Usage Rate (Ex. GST) Total
All Day Usage - Step 1 (016320 001) 357.54 kWh $0.218040

energy price sheet extract below
first 10.989 kWh/day - 21.804 c per kWh
Next 10.989 kWh/day - 20.777 c per kWh
Balance - 20.382 cents per kWh

Hi Sunil,

1. If you do not see any start and end meter reading on the bill that you received then that is an estimated bill/ installment bill. Click will send you your actual bill every quarter.
2. You maybe seeing different rates because of the change of rates in the market which happened on the 1st of July 2017.
3. Based on the information that you provided, these rates are the rates based on the plans that you have. You maybe seeing STEP 1, 2 and what not because the plan that you have actually has a minimum electricity consumption and if you exceeds that, the next KphW will be a different rates. Example, first 10KWPH is only 20c and after that the next 10kpwh after the first 10 will be 25c. All day usage is a charge for maintaining reliable electricity in your area.

Graham Waters

Graham Watersasked

What is daily supply charge for a private residence in iluka.nsw?

Firie1964
Firie1964

Depends on which distributor handles your area, which retailer you are with and which plan you are on with them......

Andor

Andorasked

Hi,
1. How much is your FIT at West Pennant Hills NSW?
2. Having digital (NET) metre installed do you provide Web based access to checking my daily use, billing, etc as per AGL?

tony b.
tony b.

Sorry, I don't understand the questions.

Stewart

Stewartasked

HI--can I install solar panels on my home in Nambucca Heads (2448) and transfer to Click Energy. If so , what would the feed in tariff be ?

Ally
Ally

I just had solar installed and changed to click they offer .12 cents tariff feed which is the best rate i found

Richard

Richardasked

Hi there,
I was wondering if you physically read the electricity supply meter every 1/4,
I am looking at the Shine Extra Plan, are the figures correct? the FIT is 12c/kWh and the charges are less than the std plan with only a 10c/kWh..

Alex
Alex

Your figures are correct & Click Energy's figures are wrong.

Graham
Graham

By law, meters must be read at least once a year to "wash up" the estimated readings so that it balances out, otherwise, if they keep estimating the meter readings, two things can happen. One, if underestimated, you could end up with very large actual bill if you leave the premise or swtich. Vice versa, if the readings are overestimated, you are paying too much money in advance for no reason. So, at least one physical meter read must be done every 12 months to balance the billing out. (unless you are in regional area where you are allowed to do your own reading and submit, that way you know exactly what it should be at bill time). It's not hard to read.

Be very careful of Click Energy's way of applying the discounts, the discounts you get will be applied after the Solar FiT has been taken off the balance, then you get you discount. Other retailers apply the discounts before the solar FiT is applied to the bill balance. Big difference!

jennilou

jennilouasked

hi wanting to get a price on getting solor panels on our roof..also wanted to no what you are giving as a price is 14 cents or not.if not what is the price.just for electricity pls...also do you have a payment plan and is there a goverment subsidy.regards jenni hudd [number removed]

Good Morning Jenni!
Well in regards to installing solar panels, Click Energy personally don't Install solar panels and you would have to get in touch with a licenced Solar panel installer. As for Click Energy rates, there are different plans and you can access this by going on to www.clickenergy.com.au and then scrolling all the way to the bottom and finding "ENERGY PRICE FACT SHEETS" and then selecting your state and then select your energy distributor and under that find for any plan that has "SHINE" added to it. Or if you have any difficulties please feel free to call us on 1800 77 59 29. And yes Click energy does have payment plans and if you have a concession card we can have that added unto the account.
Thank you.

Pippa

Pippaasked

What are the rates for the different taffiffs? Eg. Peak, t31 and t33 and supple charge. Thanks.

brant

Click is able to offer attractive sounding 17% discounts or so for a reason. Their tarrifs & daily supply charge are usually over 17% higher than most other electric providers, so don't fall for their phony discounts. I cant tell you the exact kwh rates, as this varies with their plans. However the higher the so called discount, the higher the rate will usually be. Also Click advertises heavily on this site. Wonder why their satisfaction rating seems so high compared to all other electric providers? It is in their interest to keep the positive reviews high or their advertising would be a waste of time. I don't think that all positive reviews for click on this site are actually from happy customers if you get my drift! Make certain to check out the not so positive reviews before signing up with click.

Max

Maxasked

What is your rate per Kwh What is your daily charge and what is your buyback rate (we have 10Kw solar?
Will switch if OK. Thanks

Not sure on daily charge, I get 10 cents per Kw at the moment. My story:
I only have a 4.7Kw system.
Bills were around the $1500 mark per quarter originally (without solar).

Jesse jamez
Jesse jamez

Don't know exact cost to buy in. Average cost per day is $5.37. Average 24.8 k.w. and get 10 cents per k.w.

Helen

Helenasked

What is ur buy back rate for solar?

brant

The buy back rate for solar depends on the plan you are on, however be very careful before signing up with Click as your energy provider. They will give you a higher buy back rate on some plans, but charge a lot more in daily supply charges & the kwh rate. Click is all about trickery & gimmicks, not cheap electricity. You would have to be supplying a lot of solar to the grid before it makes up for the extra you will be paying.

Compare their daily supply charge & kwh charges with other electricity suppliers before signing with them. Do not believe their so called 'discounts', they are all a con because their prices are dearer than other electricity providers by much more than the so called 'discount'.

Tina

click energy gives me 10 cents per Kw imported into the grid. I only have a 4.7Kw system. Bills were around the $1500 mark per quarter originally (without solar). Got solar, went with simply energy as suggested by the installer. Bills went down to around $800 for about 18 months, then shot back up to $1300 per quarter. Now I am with Click energy, bills are around the $150 per month mark ($450 per quarter).

Bernadette

Bernadetteasked

Is Click Energy Australian OWNED??

brant

According to CanstarBlue, Click energy is only partly Australian owned. However make sure you read all of the Bad & Terrible reviews before signing up with Click, Do not believe all the positive reviews you read about Click on this site, many may not be genuine! I did write a review giving detailed reasons about why I believe that most of the positive reviews about Click are either not genuine or probably paid, however this site refused to publish it.

Bravo_007
Bravo_007

CLICK, IS Australian owned and their customer service is based here in Australia with a great customer service.
brant, if the positive reviews may not all be genuine then how can we know or say that all negative reviews are true and creditable? Everyone will have their opinion and put their 1cent in but all comes down to real experience at the end.

Salz

Salzasked

Is this monthly bill? Needing to sign up with electricity company as moveing in this week

Rod G
Rod G

no it is quarterly, we signed up for click gold

Tina

the bills are monthly, but the meter is still read quarterly. They just split the average bill over 3 months.

papua taliaoa

papua taliaoaasked

how can i know my invoice amount of my bill I want to print out my original bill pls

Violeta E
Violeta E

HELLO Papua Taliaoa,
Thank you for your email, inquiring how you will know the amount of your bill and you want a print out of your original bill

What I have experience as a Click Energy customer, Click Energy will sent you an email every month
indicating the amount of your bill, the date when it is due and the details of how you can print your invoice.

I hope this help with your inquiry.

Thanks.

Best regard,
Violeta Esplana
Click Energy Customer

Imelda T
Imelda T

Hi Papua Taliaoa,

Don't trust the invoices you receive monthly to be the amount you have used. I have recently had a 3rd monthly invoice which was astronomical!!! It was dearer than my last Origin bill. And I had downsized my appliances and hadn't used heating or cooling. I had recently moved to a new address after being with Click for more than 2 years and can't believe the amount the bill was, it was actually dearer than ANY bill I have ever used and THIS with 15% discount!!! SO........be VERY wary of any invoice you receive from them, it's probably assessed at about 25% of your ACTUAL usage.

Nasty surprises like this are not good when you get about 9 days to pay it after you receive it! I have to budget to pay it now, and when I pointed out the error of their invoicing system they really had a "poo happens" attitude!

I had previously complimented Click Energy for their "in Australia" call centres and staff who know the answers to the questions I asked. It was totally different this time, no one could give you answers, instead they told you lies about how they would handle it then when you try to contact them you get the run around and have to explain it to every underling you speak with. After several emails and several phone calls I just insisted on speaking to a Manager which I finally did manage to speak to someone with some authority (most of their current (Oct 16) staff are newbies!) I had to wait for quite some time for him to read the emails and I asked him to listen to the staff members phone calls with me as I've been told so many lies by so many staff members who obviously don't know anything. He is yet to listen to the calls and get back to me but he did read the emails which took the conversation into more than an hour.

But I'm still expected to pay the full amount although they have given me a few extra days to do it!! So NEVER trust the invoices they send you!!!!

Shirley caraan

Shirley caraanasked

How much is your rate? Peak and off peak?

Insttinct
Insttinct

Hi Shirley,

The rate you're on depends on what plan you choose, you can find out all the details of each plan with this link. (Or in the Click Energy website if you don't like links).

Dick

Dickasked

Do you provide gas as well as electricity to Melbourne suburbs and if so what are your rates as well as solar feed back ??

Click E.Click Energy

Good morning, thank you for your question! We certainly do provide Gas to Melbourne Suburbs. The rates vary depending on which Gas Distribution Zone your household is located in, but our rates are available https://www.clickenergy.com.au/energy-price-fact-sheets/. Our Solar Feed in Tariff is 10c (on top of any government feed-in tariff you may currently be receiving). If you have any questions about this please do not hesitate to contact a friendly member of our staff on 1300 558 680. Kindest regards, Click Energy

dg_mitchell

dg_mitchellasked

I have just received full Pension Card and they indicate that may receive a discount. If so how do I apply?

Click E.Click Energy

Greetings, the easiest way to have it applied is to call our customer service team on 1800 775 929. One of our friendly representatives would be more than happy to assist you. Kindest regards, Click Energy

Father Bob

Father Bobasked

what are your kilowatt charge for the first 11 kilowatts and then charges for extra usage including GST?
What are your supply charges per day including GST?
What is your discount on electricity and supply charge if paid on time?
What are your rebates for electricity put back into the grid (Currently receive 51 cents per Kilowatt and expires in 2028 3 kilowatt unit has been installed?
The property is located Nuriootpa South Australia
Regards
B Moat

Click E.Click Energy

Hi Father Bob, thank you for your question. The rates for a residential South Australian property with solar panels can be found here: https://www.clickenergy.com.au/energy-price-fact-sheets/sa-power-networks/click-shine-essential/294/. We have two different solar packages available in SA. one has a Pay-on-time discount of 17% with a Feed in Tariff of 8c (on top of any portion coming from the Government), or a 5% Pay on Time discount with a 12c Feed in Tariff. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 669 432. Kindest regards, Click Energy

Chelsea123

Chelsea123asked

Is click energy available in Morayfield QLD?

Click E.Click Energy

Hi Chelsea123, Thank you for your question. Yes, Click Energy is available in Morayfield, QLD. It is available anywhere in Queensland where the distributor is Energex. If you would like to discuss our products and what we can offer you please do not hesitate to contact one of our firendly sales agents on 1300 669 432. Kindest regards, Click Energy

Get an answer from our members and Click Energy representatives