Click Energy

Click Energy Questions & Answers (page 3 of 5)

93 questions from our users

Daryl H

Daryl Hasked

Can I look at previous bills?

Lynne
Lynne

Ive only just changed after receiving an excellent quote and a great discount, i would assume that you could look at your previous bills as you would have got them by email, only guessing but sounds logical, check with your agent who signed you up. sorry i cant be of more help

Click Energy
Click E.Click Energy

Hi Daryl,
Yes your previous bills will be available in the online portal.
If you have lost your login detials no drama, shoot an email through to service@clickenergy.com.au and they will send them over to you.
Thanks,
Martin - Click

Johnno

Johnnoasked

Good morning
719 customers rated you a 1. Most saying your rates keep rising .

What is the best deal you can offer me and why are you not even making it onto the Energy watch result site?

Im with Origin looking for cheaper power.
Cheers
John

GizGirl
GizGirl

You may want to ask yourself WHY the ratings are either 5 or 1( 0 not being an option). I believe after my traumatic experience with Click that every time a genuine review is posted a sham positive reviews are generated to negate the negative reviews. Therefore I have no confidence in this site as it is either inept or complicit in this Scamming Company!

Tyrrell
Tyrrell

GizGirl Is spot on..... Product Review has really done them self a major disservice by posting such a false rating of this a SPONSORED Provider.
You only need to check the ratings of the other energy providers to see this review for Click Energy is RUBBISH

Gizgirl

John

Johnasked

How to add additional account holder?

Richard

Richardasked

What are the rates in electricity usage?

Mervyn Bettridge
Mervyn Bettridge

Hi Richard this is a copy an paste of my last bill. Hope it helps.
Details (17/01/2018 - 17/04/2018) GST Rate(Ex. GST) Total $(Ex. GST) Total $(Inc. GST) 461.01 kWhAll Usage - Step 1 (1017067:1) (1/3 - 17/4) $0.478000 $220.36 $22.04 $242.40 412.99 kWhAll Usage - Step 1 (1017067:1) (17/1 - 28/2) $0.444540 $183.59 $18.36 $201.95 48 daysDaily Supply Charge (01/03/2018 - 17/04/2018) $0.906000 $43.49 $4.35 $47.84 43 daysDaily Supply Charge (17/01/2018 - 28/02/2018) $0.842580 $36.23 $3.62 $39.85 Energy Concession ($54.33) ($5.43) ($59.76) Monthly Instalment Credit ($236.36) ($23.64) ($260.00)
Sub total $192.98 $19.30 $212.28
GST this bill $19.30

regards mervb

Bella

Bellaasked

which gas company to go for?

Benjamin

Benjaminasked

Are you still happy with Click Energy? Are still pating less for electricity and gas?

riles
riles

I certainly am not happy with Click Energy.

Stephan
Stephan

No to all three questions

ChrisOz

Nope. At no stage did I pay less. No monthly pre-pay as promised, an online "discount" that is really a post pay credit that doesn't apply to your first bill (so not a discount at all) and usage that was 25-430% higher than my previous supplier across all tiers. It all added up to bills that were double my previous supplier Energy Australia, which is why I churned back.

I calculated that had my last Click Energy bill in 2017 been with Energy Australia, I would have paid less than Click's "discounted" total (using 2018 rates) before the 22% discount Energy Australia apply.

Anyone on here that claims they are happy either works for Click or are yet to receive a bill.

Julie

Julieasked

I live in Glenorie NSW and by bill is extremely high for 2 people 34.1 kph per day as opposed to benchmark of 13.7 per day. Father has looked at our bill and said it is the Hot Water as it is using 1372kwh per quarter which is very high. We are on controlled load 2 and he said to check if that is off peak ??? We have a 400 litre Rheem HWS only 12 mths old. Are we on off peak ???

Yacumensa
Yacumensa

Hi Julie. I think you directed your question to the wrong person. I have no technical expertise
Good luck

Joe W
Joe W

refer Canstar - they have a great explanation. As for the 1200 odd kwh that seems correct for an electric HW service. As I understand it there are 2 off-peak rates in NSW. When you compare you should take off HW Service as many would have gas. I suspect but have no information but the averages may well be starting to also be affected by the amount of solar that people have. Older equipment can also cause this - Old Aircons especially as the newer ones are way more efficient.

Herewith link: https://www.canstarblue.com.au/energy/electricity/controlled-load-tariff-can-save-money/

Howard

Howardasked

Has anyone signed up electricity online using Good Food promotion code back in Aug 2017 and received $50 voucher? I have not received the voucher as today! could be marketing scam!

tricia
tricia

Neensasked

The discount applies to next bill so what happens on my last bill? How is its discount applied? I want to move out of Click. They are a big chunk of liars, play dirty sales tactics on customers

Neil
Neil

When moving from Click you get two invoices, on the the back of the first bill it says actual, which apparently refers to the meter readings, on the front it will show the balance to be paid and the discount you receive on the next bill. They then send a second invoice which on the reverse, says final, this invoice however shows no discount on the front. When you enquire with Click about the missing discount (which could require up to a one hour wait online) the story is, because you do not have any further bills there is no discount. All this after a 100% increase in Controlled power tariff and a 40.71% increase in All Day power tariff since 01 July does not sit well.

Neens

This is ridiculous!! These guys are thieves. I dint get any discount on my first bill coz the discount applies on the next bill. And then i wont get any discount on my last bill coz there is no next bill to apply the discount.

These guys are ripping us. Their representative called me and convinced me to switch my gas connection to Click for cheaper rates and a $50 bonus credit. When I actually got my first bill, there was only $25 credit and way way higher rates compared to what they promised over the phone. Cheap Sales tactics! When I emailed them a million times, then I received a response to say the other $25 would be credited after 12 months! Unbelievable!
I am moving out of Click for both electricity and Gas now. Cant handle this anymore. Guys, never ever go with Click. They're a rip off

Ebee
Ebee

I have had similar experience with this disreputable company. They have hijacked my gas and electricity accounts not once but twice and they still continue to send me bills for services that they do not have. Have referred them to the ombusman and as a result they will not accept any calls from me . And they call that customer service !!!

Mel65

Mel65asked

If we switch to Click and we weren't happy, are we locked in for a specific time? Would there be an exit/penalty fee?

En1991

CLICK doesn't have lock in contract! CLICK doesn’t need to tie you down, their great rates, discounts and feed-in tariffs will earn their keep as your energy retailer of choice.

I think En1991 meant to say:

"CLICK doesn't have lock in contract! CLICK doesn’t need to tie you down, their shockingly inflated tariffs and meaningless pay on-time credits, inaccurate readings skewed towards peak usage and blatant marketing lies promising benefits like monthly pre-payments that never eventuate will earn them enough in the time they latch onto you that they will not care if you correctly decide that they are not your energy retailer of choice."

LetsTalk

Move on, I have switched and annoyed I have to wait for 10 business days cooling off with new retailer. It gives this bunch of crooks a final chance to slug me with a final bill with NO DISCOUNTS applied!

sunil

sunilasked

Below are my billing concerns. Hard to restrict to 1000 words.
1. Where do I see the start and end meter reading in bill?
2. Why do I see the below slab of different rates of 0.30, 0.21, 0.20 this time, which is different than the energy sheet?
3. Why are the slabs different in both latest and older bill?

Latest Bill
Details (18/05/2017 - 14/08/2017) Usage Rate (Ex. GST) Total
All Day Usage - Step 1 (016320 001) (1/7 - 14/8) 522.54 kWh $0.302570
All Day Usage -Step1 (016320 001) (18/5 - 30/6) 483.52 kWh $0.218040
All Day Usage -Step2 (016320 001) (18/5 - 30/6) 27.42 kWh $0.207770

Older bill
Details (18/05/2017 - 14/08/2017) Usage Rate (Ex. GST) Total
All Day Usage - Step 1 (016320 001) 357.54 kWh $0.218040

energy price sheet extract below
first 10.989 kWh/day - 21.804 c per kWh
Next 10.989 kWh/day - 20.777 c per kWh
Balance - 20.382 cents per kWh

Hi Sunil,

1. If you do not see any start and end meter reading on the bill that you received then that is an estimated bill/ installment bill. Click will send you your actual bill every quarter.
2. You maybe seeing different rates because of the change of rates in the market which happened on the 1st of July 2017.
3. Based on the information that you provided, these rates are the rates based on the plans that you have. You maybe seeing STEP 1, 2 and what not because the plan that you have actually has a minimum electricity consumption and if you exceeds that, the next KphW will be a different rates. Example, first 10KWPH is only 20c and after that the next 10kpwh after the first 10 will be 25c. All day usage is a charge for maintaining reliable electricity in your area.

Graham Waters

Graham Watersasked

What is daily supply charge for a private residence in iluka.nsw?

Firie1964
Firie1964

Depends on which distributor handles your area, which retailer you are with and which plan you are on with them......

Andor

Andorasked

Hi,
1. How much is your FIT at West Pennant Hills NSW?
2. Having digital (NET) metre installed do you provide Web based access to checking my daily use, billing, etc as per AGL?

tony b.
tony b.

Sorry, I don't understand the questions.

Stewart

Stewartasked

HI--can I install solar panels on my home in Nambucca Heads (2448) and transfer to Click Energy. If so , what would the feed in tariff be ?

Ally
Ally

I just had solar installed and changed to click they offer .12 cents tariff feed which is the best rate i found

Richard

Richardasked

Hi there,
I was wondering if you physically read the electricity supply meter every 1/4,
I am looking at the Shine Extra Plan, are the figures correct? the FIT is 12c/kWh and the charges are less than the std plan with only a 10c/kWh..

Alex
Alex

Your figures are correct & Click Energy's figures are wrong.

Graham
Graham

By law, meters must be read at least once a year to "wash up" the estimated readings so that it balances out, otherwise, if they keep estimating the meter readings, two things can happen. One, if underestimated, you could end up with very large actual bill if you leave the premise or swtich. Vice versa, if the readings are overestimated, you are paying too much money in advance for no reason. So, at least one physical meter read must be done every 12 months to balance the billing out. (unless you are in regional area where you are allowed to do your own reading and submit, that way you know exactly what it should be at bill time). It's not hard to read.

Be very careful of Click Energy's way of applying the discounts, the discounts you get will be applied after the Solar FiT has been taken off the balance, then you get you discount. Other retailers apply the discounts before the solar FiT is applied to the bill balance. Big difference!

jennilou

jennilouasked

hi wanting to get a price on getting solor panels on our roof..also wanted to no what you are giving as a price is 14 cents or not.if not what is the price.just for electricity pls...also do you have a payment plan and is there a goverment subsidy.regards jenni hudd [number removed]

Good Morning Jenni!
Well in regards to installing solar panels, Click Energy personally don't Install solar panels and you would have to get in touch with a licenced Solar panel installer. As for Click Energy rates, there are different plans and you can access this by going on to www.clickenergy.com.au and then scrolling all the way to the bottom and finding "ENERGY PRICE FACT SHEETS" and then selecting your state and then select your energy distributor and under that find for any plan that has "SHINE" added to it. Or if you have any difficulties please feel free to call us on 1800 77 59 29. And yes Click energy does have payment plans and if you have a concession card we can have that added unto the account.
Thank you.

Pippa

Pippaasked

What are the rates for the different taffiffs? Eg. Peak, t31 and t33 and supple charge. Thanks.

brant

Click is able to offer attractive sounding 17% discounts or so for a reason. Their tarrifs & daily supply charge are usually over 17% higher than most other electric providers, so don't fall for their phony discounts. I cant tell you the exact kwh rates, as this varies with their plans. However the higher the so called discount, the higher the rate will usually be. Also Click advertises heavily on this site. Wonder why their satisfaction rating seems so high compared to all other electric providers? It is in their interest to keep the positive reviews high or their advertising would be a waste of time. I don't think that all positive reviews for click on this site are actually from happy customers if you get my drift! Make certain to check out the not so positive reviews before signing up with click.

Max

Maxasked

What is your rate per Kwh What is your daily charge and what is your buyback rate (we have 10Kw solar?
Will switch if OK. Thanks

Not sure on daily charge, I get 10 cents per Kw at the moment. My story:
I only have a 4.7Kw system.
Bills were around the $1500 mark per quarter originally (without solar).

Jesse jamez
Jesse jamez

Don't know exact cost to buy in. Average cost per day is $5.37. Average 24.8 k.w. and get 10 cents per k.w.

Helen

Helenasked

What is ur buy back rate for solar?

brant

The buy back rate for solar depends on the plan you are on, however be very careful before signing up with Click as your energy provider. They will give you a higher buy back rate on some plans, but charge a lot more in daily supply charges & the kwh rate. Click is all about trickery & gimmicks, not cheap electricity. You would have to be supplying a lot of solar to the grid before it makes up for the extra you will be paying.

Compare their daily supply charge & kwh charges with other electricity suppliers before signing with them. Do not believe their so called 'discounts', they are all a con because their prices are dearer than other electricity providers by much more than the so called 'discount'.

Tina

click energy gives me 10 cents per Kw imported into the grid. I only have a 4.7Kw system. Bills were around the $1500 mark per quarter originally (without solar). Got solar, went with simply energy as suggested by the installer. Bills went down to around $800 for about 18 months, then shot back up to $1300 per quarter. Now I am with Click energy, bills are around the $150 per month mark ($450 per quarter).

Bernadette

Bernadetteasked

Is Click Energy Australian OWNED??

brant

According to CanstarBlue, Click energy is only partly Australian owned. However make sure you read all of the Bad & Terrible reviews before signing up with Click, Do not believe all the positive reviews you read about Click on this site, many may not be genuine! I did write a review giving detailed reasons about why I believe that most of the positive reviews about Click are either not genuine or probably paid, however this site refused to publish it.

Bravo_007
Bravo_007

CLICK, IS Australian owned and their customer service is based here in Australia with a great customer service.
brant, if the positive reviews may not all be genuine then how can we know or say that all negative reviews are true and creditable? Everyone will have their opinion and put their 1cent in but all comes down to real experience at the end.

Get an answer from our members and Click Energy representatives