Click Energy

Click Energy Questions & Answers (page 4 of 5)

3.9 from 5,425 reviews

86 questions from our users

stainless

stainlessasked

For Click energy.
What are the per KWh and per day service supply charges?

GreyViper

It depends whether you have solar or not. If no solar the rates are :- Tariff 11 - 22.683cents per kWh plus GST Supply charge 121.054 cents per day plus GST.
If you have solar there are 3 different charges depending on which plan you choose. 24.271 c/kWh, 24.724 c/kWh, or 25.405 c/kWh. These are all before GST is applied.
Supply charge is 138.001 cents per day or 141.44 cents per day depending on whether you have one tariff or two! GST has to be added to these rates as well. Talk about make it complicated to make comparisons. Their discounts are not so great when you realize that they inflate their rates before discounts are applied.
These are the rates for Queensland.

Shannen Amohau

Shannen Amohauasked

I'm very concerned about whether Click energy is recording my usage properly as my last bill came to $1002 and it is just me and my partner in a small 2 bedroom house. No air con or in house heating is installed and we both work full time so the usage should be low until we come home. I have called twice about getting a technician out to open our meter box for us because we can not open it to check whether the reading is correct but every time I ask for some sort of help from the company they tell me they can not assist me at all. So my questions are; how can I organize with click energy for someone to come out and show me my readings on the meter and also will I be fully reimbursed for the extra readings that I've already payed for?
Shannen

GreyViper

Click Energy does not read your meters. That is done by the supplier. In southern Queensland that is Energex. You would need to get in contact with your supplier to query meter readings. Also because the meter readings are incremental - they continue to increase after each reading and are not reset - if they read the meter too high by say 100 on one occasion then next time they read the meter they subtract the previous reading from the new reading and your charge would be 100 units less on this occasion! If you get them out to check your meter it WILL cost you!

Jann

Jannasked

area covered by this company?

Karen S
Karen S

I'm in Brisbane so I'm assuming they do the state of Queensland. Ringing them might be best.

Vic
Vic

That's what I did and they were very helpful and gave me all the information I wanted

Click E.Click Energy

Hi Jann, Thanks for the question! We retail electricity in Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria, and we also retail gas in Victoria. Give us a call on 1300 669 432 or let me know if you would like me to arrange a call to you.

Chris Smith

Chris Smithasked

Hi just got a bit of bill shock...my plan has been changed without my authority and my metre number has also changed. The bill shows two different billing periods with a supply charge almost doubled in the second period and a lower solar feed in tariff - can someone please let me know the reason for the massive hike? Thanks

Wayne.D
Wayne.D

Hi Chris,

Yeah the supply charge has almost doubled with every provider, that was the same reason I was concerned with my most recent bill, the change came in on the 1st of July that's why you will notice the 2 seperate parts to your bill. As to the reason your solar feed in changed that would need to be dealt with your provider.

Wayne

Reginald Clifford Harry

Reginald Clifford Harryasked

hi,my name is reg,i reside at post code 4306,and am currently with origin energy,i am a pensioner,and have a 5 kw solar system on the roof,which origin is paying me 50 cents rebate pr kw/hr,,prior to getting solar,i never had a power bill over $300 a quarter,,it has risen to$500/$600 a quarter..it is obivious i am being taken advantage of,,could u suggest a plan to supply me with cheaper electricity please? my email address is [email address removed]

Click E.Click Energy

Hi Reginald, thank you for the question. We actually have a really handy tool on our Solar website that will pick the best plan for you in just a couple of minutes. All you have to do is punch in a few simple details about your system, and the calculator will find a plan with the best combined discount and feed-in rate to help you save. Have a go at using the calculator by copying and pasting this link into your browser, and if you're still unsure about it let me know and i'll be glad to assist you further: http://www.clicksolar.com.au/tailor-a-plan/step-one

Carol H
Carol H

Reg, I am not qualified to give advice on your question. I suggest you follow Click Energy Official advice and use their calculator or contact them for advice.

wauchope client

wauchope clientasked

Why would click energy expect a unemployed person to pay in advance..$200.and not provide bills at home address? only by email. And connect account 3 weeks early

Grace Dalgety
Grace Dalgety

How would I know?

Terry Marsh
Terry Marsh

I am not employed by Click so why would I know. I commented on my experience which was all good.

kaari
kaari

Billing by email eliminates costs, which in turn keeps prices down. The bond isn't just asked for by Click, every major company will ask for one, depending on credit ratings and individual circumstances, as far as I know. Click has flexible pay by the month billing available, which is really helpful when on a tight budget :)

lusitan

lusitanasked

what click energy does with our remaining credit when we change to other supplier ? eat our money ?

Click E.Click Energy

Hi Damian, No, we don't eat your money at all! in fact, we preserve it for you so that whenever you are ready, you can give us a call or email to collect it. Your final bill with Click Energy will show any credits you have on your account, as these are auto-deducted from the amount payable. If we find these credits are sitting in your account for some time gathering dust, we'll send you a reminder email to contact us and collect it. I hope this answers your question, thanks.

whytegd
whytegd

Yes they keep it as you were never meant to get it. They illegally call it a discount then don't give it to you. Instead a 'Credit' in case your next bill is above the amount they demand each month BEFORE even reading your meter. Scammers. Where is Dpt Fair Trading ??

ChrisOz
ChrisOz

Totally agree whytegd. I don't know how they can get away with calling a credit that doesn't apply to your first or last bills a discount. That is absolutely false. A discount is a discount and applies the current payment.

bec

becasked

Hi im moving house soon and have been researching providers. Do you offer pension discount?

Jan
Jan

Yes Concessions do apply.

Click E.Click Energy

Hi Bec, Jan is correct, we do offer pension discounts provided that you hold a valid pension concession card. We're pleased to hear you've been checking us out - please let me know if there is anything I can help you with or if you would like for me to arrange a call from us to you. Thank you

unowme

Do not sign up to Click Energy under any circumstances they are crap and will never allow you to release to another supplier without a battle.They seem proud of the fact they have no exit fee,that is because they have a no exit policy. Don't take my word for it try exiting Click.GOOD LUCK

redback88

redback88asked

This is an accounts query
why cant you just charge $50 per mth for the 2 months then when reconciling the actual account each 3 months take off discounts & other rebates applicable? With all these different amounts with discounts applied to each month etc it makes a mess of a very confusing bill,
I was told & you also advertise that a 17% discount applies to total bill (usage & supply) yet discount of 17% only comes off total bill once you have already deducted the 2 x $50 monthly payments, household rebate, carbon tax adjustment or other deductions.
Can you explain this to me?
I did ring as i have just received my account 28/4/15 & asked the girl but she could not explain.
by the way it was pleasant to speak with a real person that understood English, even though she does not understand your system
Regards

Chris H
Chris H

We have received an invoice for over 1800 for a 2 week period after all discounts in 2013. Both of us work out during the day and most appliances are turned off at that time. We spent 1800 in the last 6month period and thats including one stage having 4adults (1 whom now stays at home all the time) and 2 kids living with us living in our house hold as well as a pool with the electricity company we are with at the moment (MAJOR DIFFERENCE- WHICH YOU WOULD ASSUME WOULD COST US ALOT MORE). Numerous calls and numerous amount of times they said they were reviewing this, yet every time we rang back they told us no record of it being reviewed. So no matter how many times we call they said they would do something and don't take any action at all except sending us the same invoice with no review when it was clearly a wrong metre reading. We are Frustrated and get no where with talking to different representatives. This is defiantly a matter we are taking up with the ombudsman.

John Leeasked

hi
I am going to move house soon. so I just want to connect the electricity with click
energy. I have solar panel but I do not know about the capacity .
if I want to connect the electricity with solar, I have to know the size of solar system?

thanks

Click E.Click Energy

Hi John, Cheers for the post! We will need to know the size of your system so that we can firstly check that you are eligible for a solar plan (we cannot accept system capacities higher than 5kWh) and also to find the correct Click Solar plan for you. If you are unsure about the size of the inverter you can either check with the company who installed the panels, or alternatively, measure your average daily production as shown on the meter connected to the panels. You can then compare this daily figure with the table on this website and determine your inverter size; http://www.solarchoice.net.au/blog/how-much-energy-will-my-solar-cells-produce/

John Lee

hi there . can you check the plan for my house ? I ask the owner , she used click energe. so please check this address with click.
address is 2 broadleaf crescent beaumont hills nsw 2155.

Click E.Click Energy

Hi John, Unfortunately for privacy reasons we cannot release any plan information for the previous tenant, however if you like we can call or email you to discuss which offer will suit you best? You can either post your email here, or you can email sales@clickenergy.com.au and we'll get back to you within 24 hours. Thanks

Jennie

Jennieasked

Why am I getting the first bill in just 28days moved in to my new place? And ive been away for nearly 2weeks and not having any heaters or air cond in the house. How can it be so expensive and its due in 7days?

Hi Jennie,
Thanks for the post. We do bill monthly, so it is not unusual for you to have received a bill after 28 days. Also, 5 business days (or 7 days) is the period we set for the bill to be paid, as per our terms. I can however have someone look into why this bill is higher than you expected - sometimes there can be several contributing factors to a higher bill. If you could please confirm your customer number for me, I'll have an expert give you a call to discuss ASAP. Thank you.

tik

tikasked

I have read the reviews and the comments by Click energy. I am in Qld with Origin and have 5 kW system installed. Our average dairy usage is 9kWh. And the average dairy FIT is about 20 kWh. If Click energy had any interesting offer? Please contact me at tiktik@tpg.com.au, thanks.

Click E.Click Energy

Hi Tik, Thanks for the question, and that's not a problem. I have given your information to one of our Team members who will send you an email shortly with details about what we can offer to you. If you would like a call, please let me know and i'll be happy to arrange one for you. We hope to hear from you soon, have a great day.

ann Quillian

ann Quillianasked

I am wondering if it is worthwhile to start a Not Friends of Click Energy page on facebook to allow the floodgates of other dissatisfied customers to vent and problem solve whilst your company refines its billing system?
Click I am asking this question because I am fed up of trying to clear off an account almost half a year old with you. I did everything correct by giving notice and paid my bills on time. You on the other hand failed to get a reading done on time then billed me for another users electricity use. Please note if that person has another provider then legally you have no right to bill anyone for the weeks power usage. That was double dipping. I paid and yet your company keeps insulting me and harrassing me with emails, texts and further bills that I have not incurred as I am ex customer and have been for over 5 months now.
Please advise?
Anita Quirk

dp
dp

hi anita the same thing happened to me and they billed me for another $1050. for the new homeowners usage after they said they couldn't do a final reading they are as dodgy as they can get ---ill be a friend on yr click energy haters fb page :((((

Janine
Janine

Do it, I will certainly join the page. Don't know if you are twitter savvy, I'm not , but that might be good also to capture the flood of discontent.they are rubbish

Judestuff13
Judestuff13

Me too.... I would be interested in a NF with Click Off Enerygy. Facebook me:)

ann Quillian

ann Quillianasked

Can you help to get me off your billing cycle as I am not a customer anymore and have an email to the effect that I am receiving bills in error and my best efforts to extricate myself from your system are blamed on the actual provider doing a reading at the old property and Click's system auto billing me when the reading is sent in?
How ludicrous is that? What a way to do business. I do not want someone else's bills being sent to me almost half a year after I have left your power service. Imagine if the rest of the country was run this way? What a money maker you have going there. Even after assurances that I will not be sent further bills, today I got a text message advising me that my bill is due to be paid by the 28th of April. Can you please get me off your accounts?
Anita Quirk

eddyasked

Will Click Energy undertake to publish on this web web page NOT to ask for a smoothing payment where the Click Energy customer with a sizable solar system generates an excess of feed-in credit at the Click Energy rate of 60c+10c per KWH that than is consumed by the same customer

Ron
Ron

hi , we do not have the solar panel. click energy is rubbish. I send email let them explain and call back, but never call back. they know they have big problem and continually send me bill days by days with several hundred amount on it. It seems they are crazy now. I do not want to waste any time on this issue.

SORRY I ONLY JUST FOUND YOUR ANSWER. - I still learning about product review
FYI - I discontinued with click energy two years ago and I will not consider returning to them as their business model andhonesty is questionable.
I am now with powershop and for me they work

Susanneh

Susannehasked

I was on the click gold - but after about 11 months ( signed on 20 dec 2012) it says it's now cancelled -- and I can't get it reinstated- I didn't know it had a 12 mth expiry at the time but as it's November - isn't that less than 12 months?? Can. U comment Click ENERGY? I loved your company!!

Hi Susanneh,
Click Gold has always been a 12 month product, so I am very sorry you were not made aware of it during the sign up process. Can I ask how you signed up? The notification process happens a month before the product change will take effect, so you should still have 1 month (bill) on Click Gold. I can check your account for you if you provide me with your customer number. We do have some great new products as well, so please let me know if you would like someone to call you to discuss these new plans! Thank you.

Dee
Dee

They did the same thing to me Sussanneh but after only 7 months :/

Venurs

Venursasked

I have recently moved to Melbourne City and switched to Click as they claimed to have the 'lowest energy rate'. However, to my surprise, my first monthly bill was a shocking 230 dollars. I live in a 2 bed room apartment, my housemate and I rarely stay home as we were both workaholics. I used to pay 25-40 dollars per month but this is shocking. In addition, the AskFred service has been telling me that my weekly usage is around 20. How does 20 per week leads to 230 per month? Can anyone recommend other energy provider please? I don't think I could afford this amount of bill every month. :(

beckelljess
beckelljess

My bills are 1200 to 1400 a quarter for myself and my hubby. No pool no nothing just a normal house with 2 people. Click seem to be notorious cor giving super high bills! It sucks!! I wish I could go back to ergon!

Brian Harrison

Brian Harrisonasked

What are the hours for off peak hours, and what are the hours for the heating hot water???
Cheers
Brian Harrison

catherine
catherine

Hi brian this is a bit tricky, what state are you in becouse they all differ from state to state and also my hot water is gas so dont have acurate infomation on this but the smart meter i have has a contoled load for hot water and that is charged at an off peak amount all day and night. but mine sits at 0.00 cos i dont use it.

you can go to clicks web site and find your pan and download the PDF for that plan which will have on it your deestribiter and the amounts you are charges including the peak and off peak times.

Hope that helps

Hi Brian,
You have find out all about your rates and peak times by looking at our Energy Price Fact Sheets found here: http://www.clickenergy.com.au/energy-price-fact-sheets/
Your distributor will be listed somewhere on your current bill as who to call in case of faults or emergencies.
Thank you.

jatha8asked

I switched to Click Energy from Origin in Brisbane. I am concerned at the monthly variation in my first 4 months with Click. I have had bills of $234 (June), $42 (July), $46 (August) and $392 (September). Considering it has been a very mild winter during which I used no heating whatsoever, I am wondering how the August total could be the same as the previous 3 months put together? I have never had such a variation in bills when I was with Origin.

Hi Jatha,
You are on one of our billing products that sends you monthly bills of $50 each month which gets reconciled at the end of the quarter. Here is what appears to have happened:
June: This is an actual meter read which accounts for all the electricity you would have used since signing up to Click and the date this bill was issued. Was this your first bill with us? If it was,
you would have had a sign-up credit applied as well.
July: This is a monthly instalment of $50 minus any discounts.
August: This is a monthly instalment of $50 minus any discounts.
September: This bill is for all the usage since your June bill was issued MINUS the monthly instalments you have paid ($42 and $46).
For more information please visit our bill info page:

jatha8

Thank you for your prompt response. Based on what you have written, I have gone back through all my bills and have come around to seeing the logic of your explanation. May I suggest that such in 'plain English' explanation be provided to your customers up front in an email to prevent them from having 'bill shock' on each third bill. The consultant that spoke to me once I joined Click did not provide the clear explanation that you have given. If I pay the current bill on time, I will be entitled to a discount of $27 on my next bill which means it will only be $23 ($50 - $27 = $23). Is that correct???

Mo

Moasked

Hi,this would be my first electricity company in Australia as I have moved from NZ to Aus, is there anyway that you can have an actual reading each month as i had a very bad experience in NZ with estimate reading for couple of years. My house is 4 bedroom and I live with my wife and two kids. Do you think that your company is a good option for me ?

Hi Mo,
Thank you for your question. I can understand why you would want monthly readings, and the only way we can deliver this for you is if you have moved to Victoria in a home with a smart meter. If this is the case, you will get an actual read every month, regardless of what plan you are on. Click offers some great pay-on-time discounts on top of everyday low rates, so if you generally pay your bills on time, then we would definitely be a great fit for your household. If you would like me to arrange for someone to call you to discuss our plans, please send an e-mail with your name and contact number to sales@clickenergy.com.au. Thank you and look forward to having you as a customer, MM.

Get an answer from our members and Click Energy representatives