Click Energy

Click Energy Questions & Answers (page 4 of 5)

93 questions from our users

Salz

Salzasked

Is this monthly bill? Needing to sign up with electricity company as moveing in this week

Rod G
Rod G

no it is quarterly, we signed up for click gold

Tina
Tina

the bills are monthly, but the meter is still read quarterly. They just split the average bill over 3 months.

papua taliaoa

papua taliaoaasked

how can i know my invoice amount of my bill I want to print out my original bill pls

Violeta E
Violeta E

HELLO Papua Taliaoa,
Thank you for your email, inquiring how you will know the amount of your bill and you want a print out of your original bill

What I have experience as a Click Energy customer, Click Energy will sent you an email every month
indicating the amount of your bill, the date when it is due and the details of how you can print your invoice.

I hope this help with your inquiry.

Thanks.

Best regard,
Violeta Esplana
Click Energy Customer

Imelda T
Imelda T

Hi Papua Taliaoa,

Don't trust the invoices you receive monthly to be the amount you have used. I have recently had a 3rd monthly invoice which was astronomical!!! It was dearer than my last Origin bill. And I had downsized my appliances and hadn't used heating or cooling. I had recently moved to a new address after being with Click for more than 2 years and can't believe the amount the bill was, it was actually dearer than ANY bill I have ever used and THIS with 15% discount!!! SO........be VERY wary of any invoice you receive from them, it's probably assessed at about 25% of your ACTUAL usage.

Nasty surprises like this are not good when you get about 9 days to pay it after you receive it! I have to budget to pay it now, and when I pointed out the error of their invoicing system they really had a "poo happens" attitude!

I had previously complimented Click Energy for their "in Australia" call centres and staff who know the answers to the questions I asked. It was totally different this time, no one could give you answers, instead they told you lies about how they would handle it then when you try to contact them you get the run around and have to explain it to every underling you speak with. After several emails and several phone calls I just insisted on speaking to a Manager which I finally did manage to speak to someone with some authority (most of their current (Oct 16) staff are newbies!) I had to wait for quite some time for him to read the emails and I asked him to listen to the staff members phone calls with me as I've been told so many lies by so many staff members who obviously don't know anything. He is yet to listen to the calls and get back to me but he did read the emails which took the conversation into more than an hour.

But I'm still expected to pay the full amount although they have given me a few extra days to do it!! So NEVER trust the invoices they send you!!!!

Shirley caraan

Shirley caraanasked

How much is your rate? Peak and off peak?

Insttinct
Insttinct

Hi Shirley,

The rate you're on depends on what plan you choose, you can find out all the details of each plan with this link. (Or in the Click Energy website if you don't like links).

Dick

Dickasked

Do you provide gas as well as electricity to Melbourne suburbs and if so what are your rates as well as solar feed back ??

Click E.Click Energy

Good morning, thank you for your question! We certainly do provide Gas to Melbourne Suburbs. The rates vary depending on which Gas Distribution Zone your household is located in, but our rates are available https://www.clickenergy.com.au/energy-price-fact-sheets/. Our Solar Feed in Tariff is 10c (on top of any government feed-in tariff you may currently be receiving). If you have any questions about this please do not hesitate to contact a friendly member of our staff on 1300 558 680. Kindest regards, Click Energy

dg_mitchell

dg_mitchellasked

I have just received full Pension Card and they indicate that may receive a discount. If so how do I apply?

Click E.Click Energy

Greetings, the easiest way to have it applied is to call our customer service team on 1800 775 929. One of our friendly representatives would be more than happy to assist you. Kindest regards, Click Energy

Father Bob

Father Bobasked

what are your kilowatt charge for the first 11 kilowatts and then charges for extra usage including GST?
What are your supply charges per day including GST?
What is your discount on electricity and supply charge if paid on time?
What are your rebates for electricity put back into the grid (Currently receive 51 cents per Kilowatt and expires in 2028 3 kilowatt unit has been installed?
The property is located Nuriootpa South Australia
Regards
B Moat

Click E.Click Energy

Hi Father Bob, thank you for your question. The rates for a residential South Australian property with solar panels can be found here: https://www.clickenergy.com.au/energy-price-fact-sheets/sa-power-networks/click-shine-essential/294/. We have two different solar packages available in SA. one has a Pay-on-time discount of 17% with a Feed in Tariff of 8c (on top of any portion coming from the Government), or a 5% Pay on Time discount with a 12c Feed in Tariff. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 669 432. Kindest regards, Click Energy

Chelsea123

Chelsea123asked

Is click energy available in Morayfield QLD?

Click E.Click Energy

Hi Chelsea123, Thank you for your question. Yes, Click Energy is available in Morayfield, QLD. It is available anywhere in Queensland where the distributor is Energex. If you would like to discuss our products and what we can offer you please do not hesitate to contact one of our firendly sales agents on 1300 669 432. Kindest regards, Click Energy

stainless

stainlessasked

For Click energy.
What are the per KWh and per day service supply charges?

GreyViper

It depends whether you have solar or not. If no solar the rates are :- Tariff 11 - 22.683cents per kWh plus GST Supply charge 121.054 cents per day plus GST.
If you have solar there are 3 different charges depending on which plan you choose. 24.271 c/kWh, 24.724 c/kWh, or 25.405 c/kWh. These are all before GST is applied.
Supply charge is 138.001 cents per day or 141.44 cents per day depending on whether you have one tariff or two! GST has to be added to these rates as well. Talk about make it complicated to make comparisons. Their discounts are not so great when you realize that they inflate their rates before discounts are applied.
These are the rates for Queensland.

Shannen Amohau

Shannen Amohauasked

I'm very concerned about whether Click energy is recording my usage properly as my last bill came to $1002 and it is just me and my partner in a small 2 bedroom house. No air con or in house heating is installed and we both work full time so the usage should be low until we come home. I have called twice about getting a technician out to open our meter box for us because we can not open it to check whether the reading is correct but every time I ask for some sort of help from the company they tell me they can not assist me at all. So my questions are; how can I organize with click energy for someone to come out and show me my readings on the meter and also will I be fully reimbursed for the extra readings that I've already payed for?
Shannen

GreyViper

Click Energy does not read your meters. That is done by the supplier. In southern Queensland that is Energex. You would need to get in contact with your supplier to query meter readings. Also because the meter readings are incremental - they continue to increase after each reading and are not reset - if they read the meter too high by say 100 on one occasion then next time they read the meter they subtract the previous reading from the new reading and your charge would be 100 units less on this occasion! If you get them out to check your meter it WILL cost you!

Jann

Jannasked

area covered by this company?

Karen S
Karen S

I'm in Brisbane so I'm assuming they do the state of Queensland. Ringing them might be best.

Vic
Vic

That's what I did and they were very helpful and gave me all the information I wanted

Click E.Click Energy

Hi Jann, Thanks for the question! We retail electricity in Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria, and we also retail gas in Victoria. Give us a call on 1300 669 432 or let me know if you would like me to arrange a call to you.

Chris Smith

Chris Smithasked

Hi just got a bit of bill shock...my plan has been changed without my authority and my metre number has also changed. The bill shows two different billing periods with a supply charge almost doubled in the second period and a lower solar feed in tariff - can someone please let me know the reason for the massive hike? Thanks

Wayne.D
Wayne.D

Hi Chris,

Yeah the supply charge has almost doubled with every provider, that was the same reason I was concerned with my most recent bill, the change came in on the 1st of July that's why you will notice the 2 seperate parts to your bill. As to the reason your solar feed in changed that would need to be dealt with your provider.

Wayne

Reginald Clifford Harry

Reginald Clifford Harryasked

hi,my name is reg,i reside at post code 4306,and am currently with origin energy,i am a pensioner,and have a 5 kw solar system on the roof,which origin is paying me 50 cents rebate pr kw/hr,,prior to getting solar,i never had a power bill over $300 a quarter,,it has risen to$500/$600 a quarter..it is obivious i am being taken advantage of,,could u suggest a plan to supply me with cheaper electricity please? my email address is [email address removed]

Click E.Click Energy

Hi Reginald, thank you for the question. We actually have a really handy tool on our Solar website that will pick the best plan for you in just a couple of minutes. All you have to do is punch in a few simple details about your system, and the calculator will find a plan with the best combined discount and feed-in rate to help you save. Have a go at using the calculator by copying and pasting this link into your browser, and if you're still unsure about it let me know and i'll be glad to assist you further: http://www.clicksolar.com.au/tailor-a-plan/step-one

Carol H
Carol H

Reg, I am not qualified to give advice on your question. I suggest you follow Click Energy Official advice and use their calculator or contact them for advice.

wauchope client

wauchope clientasked

Why would click energy expect a unemployed person to pay in advance..$200.and not provide bills at home address? only by email. And connect account 3 weeks early

Grace Dalgety
Grace Dalgety

How would I know?

Terry Marsh
Terry Marsh

I am not employed by Click so why would I know. I commented on my experience which was all good.

kaari
kaari

Billing by email eliminates costs, which in turn keeps prices down. The bond isn't just asked for by Click, every major company will ask for one, depending on credit ratings and individual circumstances, as far as I know. Click has flexible pay by the month billing available, which is really helpful when on a tight budget :)

lusitan

lusitanasked

what click energy does with our remaining credit when we change to other supplier ? eat our money ?

Click E.Click Energy

Hi Damian, No, we don't eat your money at all! in fact, we preserve it for you so that whenever you are ready, you can give us a call or email to collect it. Your final bill with Click Energy will show any credits you have on your account, as these are auto-deducted from the amount payable. If we find these credits are sitting in your account for some time gathering dust, we'll send you a reminder email to contact us and collect it. I hope this answers your question, thanks.

whytegd
whytegd

Yes they keep it as you were never meant to get it. They illegally call it a discount then don't give it to you. Instead a 'Credit' in case your next bill is above the amount they demand each month BEFORE even reading your meter. Scammers. Where is Dpt Fair Trading ??

ChrisOz
ChrisOz

Totally agree whytegd. I don't know how they can get away with calling a credit that doesn't apply to your first or last bills a discount. That is absolutely false. A discount is a discount and applies the current payment.

bec

becasked

Hi im moving house soon and have been researching providers. Do you offer pension discount?

Jan
Jan

Yes Concessions do apply.

Click E.Click Energy

Hi Bec, Jan is correct, we do offer pension discounts provided that you hold a valid pension concession card. We're pleased to hear you've been checking us out - please let me know if there is anything I can help you with or if you would like for me to arrange a call from us to you. Thank you

unowme

Do not sign up to Click Energy under any circumstances they are crap and will never allow you to release to another supplier without a battle.They seem proud of the fact they have no exit fee,that is because they have a no exit policy. Don't take my word for it try exiting Click.GOOD LUCK

redback88

redback88asked

This is an accounts query
why cant you just charge $50 per mth for the 2 months then when reconciling the actual account each 3 months take off discounts & other rebates applicable? With all these different amounts with discounts applied to each month etc it makes a mess of a very confusing bill,
I was told & you also advertise that a 17% discount applies to total bill (usage & supply) yet discount of 17% only comes off total bill once you have already deducted the 2 x $50 monthly payments, household rebate, carbon tax adjustment or other deductions.
Can you explain this to me?
I did ring as i have just received my account 28/4/15 & asked the girl but she could not explain.
by the way it was pleasant to speak with a real person that understood English, even though she does not understand your system
Regards

Chris H
Chris H

We have received an invoice for over 1800 for a 2 week period after all discounts in 2013. Both of us work out during the day and most appliances are turned off at that time. We spent 1800 in the last 6month period and thats including one stage having 4adults (1 whom now stays at home all the time) and 2 kids living with us living in our house hold as well as a pool with the electricity company we are with at the moment (MAJOR DIFFERENCE- WHICH YOU WOULD ASSUME WOULD COST US ALOT MORE). Numerous calls and numerous amount of times they said they were reviewing this, yet every time we rang back they told us no record of it being reviewed. So no matter how many times we call they said they would do something and don't take any action at all except sending us the same invoice with no review when it was clearly a wrong metre reading. We are Frustrated and get no where with talking to different representatives. This is defiantly a matter we are taking up with the ombudsman.

John Leeasked

hi
I am going to move house soon. so I just want to connect the electricity with click
energy. I have solar panel but I do not know about the capacity .
if I want to connect the electricity with solar, I have to know the size of solar system?

thanks

Click E.Click Energy

Hi John, Cheers for the post! We will need to know the size of your system so that we can firstly check that you are eligible for a solar plan (we cannot accept system capacities higher than 5kWh) and also to find the correct Click Solar plan for you. If you are unsure about the size of the inverter you can either check with the company who installed the panels, or alternatively, measure your average daily production as shown on the meter connected to the panels. You can then compare this daily figure with the table on this website and determine your inverter size; http://www.solarchoice.net.au/blog/how-much-energy-will-my-solar-cells-produce/

John Lee

hi there . can you check the plan for my house ? I ask the owner , she used click energe. so please check this address with click.
address is 2 broadleaf crescent beaumont hills nsw 2155.

Click E.Click Energy

Hi John, Unfortunately for privacy reasons we cannot release any plan information for the previous tenant, however if you like we can call or email you to discuss which offer will suit you best? You can either post your email here, or you can email sales@clickenergy.com.au and we'll get back to you within 24 hours. Thanks

Jennie

Jennieasked

Why am I getting the first bill in just 28days moved in to my new place? And ive been away for nearly 2weeks and not having any heaters or air cond in the house. How can it be so expensive and its due in 7days?

Hi Jennie,
Thanks for the post. We do bill monthly, so it is not unusual for you to have received a bill after 28 days. Also, 5 business days (or 7 days) is the period we set for the bill to be paid, as per our terms. I can however have someone look into why this bill is higher than you expected - sometimes there can be several contributing factors to a higher bill. If you could please confirm your customer number for me, I'll have an expert give you a call to discuss ASAP. Thank you.

tik

tikasked

I have read the reviews and the comments by Click energy. I am in Qld with Origin and have 5 kW system installed. Our average dairy usage is 9kWh. And the average dairy FIT is about 20 kWh. If Click energy had any interesting offer? Please contact me at tiktik@tpg.com.au, thanks.

Click E.Click Energy

Hi Tik, Thanks for the question, and that's not a problem. I have given your information to one of our Team members who will send you an email shortly with details about what we can offer to you. If you would like a call, please let me know and i'll be happy to arrange one for you. We hope to hear from you soon, have a great day.

ann Quillian

ann Quillianasked

I am wondering if it is worthwhile to start a Not Friends of Click Energy page on facebook to allow the floodgates of other dissatisfied customers to vent and problem solve whilst your company refines its billing system?
Click I am asking this question because I am fed up of trying to clear off an account almost half a year old with you. I did everything correct by giving notice and paid my bills on time. You on the other hand failed to get a reading done on time then billed me for another users electricity use. Please note if that person has another provider then legally you have no right to bill anyone for the weeks power usage. That was double dipping. I paid and yet your company keeps insulting me and harrassing me with emails, texts and further bills that I have not incurred as I am ex customer and have been for over 5 months now.
Please advise?
Anita Quirk

dp
dp

hi anita the same thing happened to me and they billed me for another $1050. for the new homeowners usage after they said they couldn't do a final reading they are as dodgy as they can get ---ill be a friend on yr click energy haters fb page :((((

Janine
Janine

Do it, I will certainly join the page. Don't know if you are twitter savvy, I'm not , but that might be good also to capture the flood of discontent.they are rubbish

Judestuff13
Judestuff13

Me too.... I would be interested in a NF with Click Off Enerygy. Facebook me:)

Get an answer from our members and Click Energy representatives