Click Energy

Click Energy Questions & Answers (page 5 of 5)

93 questions from our users

ann Quillian

ann Quillianasked

Can you help to get me off your billing cycle as I am not a customer anymore and have an email to the effect that I am receiving bills in error and my best efforts to extricate myself from your system are blamed on the actual provider doing a reading at the old property and Click's system auto billing me when the reading is sent in?
How ludicrous is that? What a way to do business. I do not want someone else's bills being sent to me almost half a year after I have left your power service. Imagine if the rest of the country was run this way? What a money maker you have going there. Even after assurances that I will not be sent further bills, today I got a text message advising me that my bill is due to be paid by the 28th of April. Can you please get me off your accounts?
Anita Quirk

unowme

Do not sign up to Click Energy under any circumstances they are crap and will never allow you to release to another supplier without a battle.They seem proud of the fact they have no exit fee,that is because they have a no exit policy. Don't take my word for it try exiting Click.GOOD LUCK

eddyasked

Will Click Energy undertake to publish on this web web page NOT to ask for a smoothing payment where the Click Energy customer with a sizable solar system generates an excess of feed-in credit at the Click Energy rate of 60c+10c per KWH that than is consumed by the same customer

Ron
Ron

hi , we do not have the solar panel. click energy is rubbish. I send email let them explain and call back, but never call back. they know they have big problem and continually send me bill days by days with several hundred amount on it. It seems they are crazy now. I do not want to waste any time on this issue.

SORRY I ONLY JUST FOUND YOUR ANSWER. - I still learning about product review
FYI - I discontinued with click energy two years ago and I will not consider returning to them as their business model andhonesty is questionable.
I am now with powershop and for me they work

Susanneh

Susannehasked

I was on the click gold - but after about 11 months ( signed on 20 dec 2012) it says it's now cancelled -- and I can't get it reinstated- I didn't know it had a 12 mth expiry at the time but as it's November - isn't that less than 12 months?? Can. U comment Click ENERGY? I loved your company!!

Hi Susanneh,
Click Gold has always been a 12 month product, so I am very sorry you were not made aware of it during the sign up process. Can I ask how you signed up? The notification process happens a month before the product change will take effect, so you should still have 1 month (bill) on Click Gold. I can check your account for you if you provide me with your customer number. We do have some great new products as well, so please let me know if you would like someone to call you to discuss these new plans! Thank you.

Dee
Dee

They did the same thing to me Sussanneh but after only 7 months :/

Venurs

Venursasked

I have recently moved to Melbourne City and switched to Click as they claimed to have the 'lowest energy rate'. However, to my surprise, my first monthly bill was a shocking 230 dollars. I live in a 2 bed room apartment, my housemate and I rarely stay home as we were both workaholics. I used to pay 25-40 dollars per month but this is shocking. In addition, the AskFred service has been telling me that my weekly usage is around 20. How does 20 per week leads to 230 per month? Can anyone recommend other energy provider please? I don't think I could afford this amount of bill every month. :(

beckelljess
beckelljess

My bills are 1200 to 1400 a quarter for myself and my hubby. No pool no nothing just a normal house with 2 people. Click seem to be notorious cor giving super high bills! It sucks!! I wish I could go back to ergon!

Brian Harrison

Brian Harrisonasked

What are the hours for off peak hours, and what are the hours for the heating hot water???
Cheers
Brian Harrison

catherine
catherine

Hi brian this is a bit tricky, what state are you in becouse they all differ from state to state and also my hot water is gas so dont have acurate infomation on this but the smart meter i have has a contoled load for hot water and that is charged at an off peak amount all day and night. but mine sits at 0.00 cos i dont use it.

you can go to clicks web site and find your pan and download the PDF for that plan which will have on it your deestribiter and the amounts you are charges including the peak and off peak times.

Hope that helps

Hi Brian,
You have find out all about your rates and peak times by looking at our Energy Price Fact Sheets found here: http://www.clickenergy.com.au/energy-price-fact-sheets/
Your distributor will be listed somewhere on your current bill as who to call in case of faults or emergencies.
Thank you.

jatha8asked

I switched to Click Energy from Origin in Brisbane. I am concerned at the monthly variation in my first 4 months with Click. I have had bills of $234 (June), $42 (July), $46 (August) and $392 (September). Considering it has been a very mild winter during which I used no heating whatsoever, I am wondering how the August total could be the same as the previous 3 months put together? I have never had such a variation in bills when I was with Origin.

Hi Jatha,
You are on one of our billing products that sends you monthly bills of $50 each month which gets reconciled at the end of the quarter. Here is what appears to have happened:
June: This is an actual meter read which accounts for all the electricity you would have used since signing up to Click and the date this bill was issued. Was this your first bill with us? If it was,
you would have had a sign-up credit applied as well.
July: This is a monthly instalment of $50 minus any discounts.
August: This is a monthly instalment of $50 minus any discounts.
September: This bill is for all the usage since your June bill was issued MINUS the monthly instalments you have paid ($42 and $46).
For more information please visit our bill info page:

jatha8

Thank you for your prompt response. Based on what you have written, I have gone back through all my bills and have come around to seeing the logic of your explanation. May I suggest that such in 'plain English' explanation be provided to your customers up front in an email to prevent them from having 'bill shock' on each third bill. The consultant that spoke to me once I joined Click did not provide the clear explanation that you have given. If I pay the current bill on time, I will be entitled to a discount of $27 on my next bill which means it will only be $23 ($50 - $27 = $23). Is that correct???

Mo

Moasked

Hi,this would be my first electricity company in Australia as I have moved from NZ to Aus, is there anyway that you can have an actual reading each month as i had a very bad experience in NZ with estimate reading for couple of years. My house is 4 bedroom and I live with my wife and two kids. Do you think that your company is a good option for me ?

Hi Mo,
Thank you for your question. I can understand why you would want monthly readings, and the only way we can deliver this for you is if you have moved to Victoria in a home with a smart meter. If this is the case, you will get an actual read every month, regardless of what plan you are on. Click offers some great pay-on-time discounts on top of everyday low rates, so if you generally pay your bills on time, then we would definitely be a great fit for your household. If you would like me to arrange for someone to call you to discuss our plans, please send an e-mail with your name and contact number to sales@clickenergy.com.au. Thank you and look forward to having you as a customer, MM.

Some Answers Needed

Some Answers Neededasked

Click. I am considering switching in QLD from Origin to Click. However, the "limited time offer" push marketing and apparently very poor customer service from on-line reviews have me very concerned. Can you advise regarding the following specifically? (1) Does Click use overseas (ex-Australia) call centers for any portion of Click customer service? (2) Why does Click use such push marketing as indicated above?, (3) What SPECIFIC actions, other than responding to each on-line complaint (putting out spot fires) has Click carried out in order to substantially improve its customer service and billing?

Click E.Click Energy

Thanks for your question! I can guarantee you that we do not have any call centres anywhere outside of Australia. All our staff are located in Melbourne and Brisbane. Since you appear to be writing from Queensland, I assume you are referring to the One Big Switch campaign? Our partnership with them offers their members a special deal for switching to Click Energy. Of course, we still have our everyday great plans available on our website. As any service based company does, we are always looking at ways we can improve our customer experience. Unfortunately, most reviews for electricity retailers online are not positive, and we try to address each and every customer’s concerns both online and through our expert customer service representatives. Good luck with the switch!

Nice try. Next time try reading the question and answering it. Yes, I was referring to the One Big Switch campaign, but your response in no way addressed the query, "why does Click use push marketing?" "Specific actions" (specific was in all caps but you still managed to miss it) does not mean, "we are always looking at ways", but nice try at ducking the question.
I understand the bias towards negative feedback on-line, but not to the extent observed on this forum. And the issues appear not related to being an electricity retailer per se, but are SPECIFICALLY related to chronic poor quality customer service. As you said, you are a service based company, so you might want to work on that with more than "always looking to". Perhaps actually doing, and being able to cite specific examples might be a good start. Quality Management System 101.

As for me, your inability to state what specifically you've done at Click to address what appear to be significant issues with your customer support says it all.

Maria

Mariaasked

Thanks for these reviews, I was about to sign up and decided to research at the last minute. Think I will stick with Origin - better the devil you know! Anyone know of any of decent gs and electricity companies in Queensland, need to sign up today for a move on Monday. Thanks

Leigh
Leigh

Hi Maria. Yes, Click are an interesting mob. As it turned out the charge on my bill was legitimate, but it is impossible to get them to contact you to discuss or explain anything through their legitimate channels. A phone call just goes to an overseas call centre (sounded like it), and "someone will call you" - they never did. And numerous emails to their own dedicated complaints section to unanswered. But for some reason they monitor this site, which is an open forum and airs all their dirty laundry ! They would be better to assist their customers privately before it goes public. Anyway - good luck !

Julie Hooperasked

Hi just wondering why i haven't had a bill sent to me since may? I checked my account and it says
DO NOT BILL (Temporary) it is now nearing the end of july and i am getting worried on how much my bill we be when i finally get one.

Click E.Click Energy

Hi Julie. I can completely understand why you might be worried. There are a few reasons your account might say this, but the most likely reason is that your distributor has not sent us a complete data reading for the billing cycle. If you are in Victoria, this is most likely the case. If you provide me with your customer number, I can give you a specific answer! Thank you, MM.

Hi Julie the same thing happened to me after numerous times of calling and asking for the bill they told me they were unable to read the meter that is why they have placed this status on ur account. After 87 days of me waiting for my bill and writing bad reviews online I seemed to get my bill but with only ONE WEEK to pay! Click Energy never going to see me again!

Hi my customer number is 180085 and i am in qld. Thanks

Kelly

Kellyasked

Can I ask why you only allow 7 days to pay a bill , considering most other places give you 3 or 4 weeks ? I think having 7 days only , is rather unreasonable ... ...

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for your question. Since we offer monthly billing, it doesn't really make sense to have people pay 4 weeks after receiving a bill. They would receive the next month's bill before paying the first one. The great news is we don't have any late fees so you won't be charged any extra if you don't pay by the due date!

Thank you.

Athan3141
Athan3141

Kelly, I've found the monthly billing worked really well for me, the seven days means that I get my 15% discount. Last month I missed the due date, so I lose the discount, but I did not get hounded like the other companies do (Energy Australia and Origin) that fire off disconnection notices after 21 days. At day 14 post-due, I got a respectful email that recognised that I may have overlooked the bill and just gently reminded me.

I read all the negative reviews, but so far, I just can't relate to those experiences - I hope I haven't jinxed it! It's not to say that these terrible instances haven't happened, but I think it's fair to relate my positive experiences also.

Lea Barker
Lea Barker

Hi Kelly l have to say if lm late my fault totally, l get a barrage of phone calls and texts and it starts after only a few days late and if l answer a rude person on the other end so now any time l get a call l just don't answer. l did get told when l was 2 weeks late that l could be cut off and l was away on holidays at the time so yes not happy with that, l agree that 2 weeks would be more reasonable time to pay

arcangelina

arcangelinaasked

Is my meter read every time?
Is there a connectionor disconnection charge when changing suppliers?
Arcangelina

Click E.Click Energy

Your meter is read by your distributor which passes the information on to Click. Your meter type and access to your meter determines how often it is read. Interval data meters are read every 30 mins and old meters are read every 3 months if possible.
I cannot comment on what other retailers do or do not charge, but Click does not charge a connection or disconnection fee you if give us at least 2 business days notice of connection and 5 business days notice of disconnection. Visit our website for more details, clickenergy.com.au.

Ashley Woodgate

Ashley Woodgateasked

Hi just wanting to switch to you and I just want ask do you do gas as well

Hi Ashley,
Thanks for thinking of us, but we do not supply gas at this time. We do still offer some great rates on electricity!
Cheers, MM.