Click Energy

Click Energy Questions & Answers (page 5 of 5)

3.9 from 5,457 reviews

86 questions from our users

Some Answers Needed

Some Answers Neededasked

Click. I am considering switching in QLD from Origin to Click. However, the "limited time offer" push marketing and apparently very poor customer service from on-line reviews have me very concerned. Can you advise regarding the following specifically? (1) Does Click use overseas (ex-Australia) call centers for any portion of Click customer service? (2) Why does Click use such push marketing as indicated above?, (3) What SPECIFIC actions, other than responding to each on-line complaint (putting out spot fires) has Click carried out in order to substantially improve its customer service and billing?

Click E.Click Energy

Thanks for your question! I can guarantee you that we do not have any call centres anywhere outside of Australia. All our staff are located in Melbourne and Brisbane. Since you appear to be writing from Queensland, I assume you are referring to the One Big Switch campaign? Our partnership with them offers their members a special deal for switching to Click Energy. Of course, we still have our everyday great plans available on our website. As any service based company does, we are always looking at ways we can improve our customer experience. Unfortunately, most reviews for electricity retailers online are not positive, and we try to address each and every customer’s concerns both online and through our expert customer service representatives. Good luck with the switch!

Nice try. Next time try reading the question and answering it. Yes, I was referring to the One Big Switch campaign, but your response in no way addressed the query, "why does Click use push marketing?" "Specific actions" (specific was in all caps but you still managed to miss it) does not mean, "we are always looking at ways", but nice try at ducking the question.
I understand the bias towards negative feedback on-line, but not to the extent observed on this forum. And the issues appear not related to being an electricity retailer per se, but are SPECIFICALLY related to chronic poor quality customer service. As you said, you are a service based company, so you might want to work on that with more than "always looking to". Perhaps actually doing, and being able to cite specific examples might be a good start. Quality Management System 101.

As for me, your inability to state what specifically you've done at Click to address what appear to be significant issues with your customer support says it all.

Maria

Mariaasked

Thanks for these reviews, I was about to sign up and decided to research at the last minute. Think I will stick with Origin - better the devil you know! Anyone know of any of decent gs and electricity companies in Queensland, need to sign up today for a move on Monday. Thanks

Leigh
Leigh

Hi Maria. Yes, Click are an interesting mob. As it turned out the charge on my bill was legitimate, but it is impossible to get them to contact you to discuss or explain anything through their legitimate channels. A phone call just goes to an overseas call centre (sounded like it), and "someone will call you" - they never did. And numerous emails to their own dedicated complaints section to unanswered. But for some reason they monitor this site, which is an open forum and airs all their dirty laundry ! They would be better to assist their customers privately before it goes public. Anyway - good luck !

Julie Hooperasked

Hi just wondering why i haven't had a bill sent to me since may? I checked my account and it says
DO NOT BILL (Temporary) it is now nearing the end of july and i am getting worried on how much my bill we be when i finally get one.

Click E.Click Energy

Hi Julie. I can completely understand why you might be worried. There are a few reasons your account might say this, but the most likely reason is that your distributor has not sent us a complete data reading for the billing cycle. If you are in Victoria, this is most likely the case. If you provide me with your customer number, I can give you a specific answer! Thank you, MM.

Hi Julie the same thing happened to me after numerous times of calling and asking for the bill they told me they were unable to read the meter that is why they have placed this status on ur account. After 87 days of me waiting for my bill and writing bad reviews online I seemed to get my bill but with only ONE WEEK to pay! Click Energy never going to see me again!

Hi my customer number is 180085 and i am in qld. Thanks

Kelly

Kellyasked

Can I ask why you only allow 7 days to pay a bill , considering most other places give you 3 or 4 weeks ? I think having 7 days only , is rather unreasonable ... ...

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for your question. Since we offer monthly billing, it doesn't really make sense to have people pay 4 weeks after receiving a bill. They would receive the next month's bill before paying the first one. The great news is we don't have any late fees so you won't be charged any extra if you don't pay by the due date!

Thank you.

Athan3141
Athan3141

Kelly, I've found the monthly billing worked really well for me, the seven days means that I get my 15% discount. Last month I missed the due date, so I lose the discount, but I did not get hounded like the other companies do (Energy Australia and Origin) that fire off disconnection notices after 21 days. At day 14 post-due, I got a respectful email that recognised that I may have overlooked the bill and just gently reminded me.

I read all the negative reviews, but so far, I just can't relate to those experiences - I hope I haven't jinxed it! It's not to say that these terrible instances haven't happened, but I think it's fair to relate my positive experiences also.

Lea Barker
Lea Barker

Hi Kelly l have to say if lm late my fault totally, l get a barrage of phone calls and texts and it starts after only a few days late and if l answer a rude person on the other end so now any time l get a call l just don't answer. l did get told when l was 2 weeks late that l could be cut off and l was away on holidays at the time so yes not happy with that, l agree that 2 weeks would be more reasonable time to pay

arcangelina

arcangelinaasked

Is my meter read every time?
Is there a connectionor disconnection charge when changing suppliers?
Arcangelina

Click E.Click Energy

Your meter is read by your distributor which passes the information on to Click. Your meter type and access to your meter determines how often it is read. Interval data meters are read every 30 mins and old meters are read every 3 months if possible.
I cannot comment on what other retailers do or do not charge, but Click does not charge a connection or disconnection fee you if give us at least 2 business days notice of connection and 5 business days notice of disconnection. Visit our website for more details, clickenergy.com.au.

Ashley Woodgate

Ashley Woodgateasked

Hi just wanting to switch to you and I just want ask do you do gas as well

Hi Ashley,
Thanks for thinking of us, but we do not supply gas at this time. We do still offer some great rates on electricity!
Cheers, MM.