Clinique Aromatics Elixir

See the Best Women's Fragrances in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

It’s not the same

I had run out of this- my favourite perfume . Last week my son bought me some at Malaga airport . Sprayed it and thought it smelt old and off . Was not right at all .
I phoned Clinique in London who said ‘ how very strange ‘. They kindly sent a replacement bottle which I received today . I sprayed it on and to my disappointment, it was the funny old stale smell again . I thought it must be me and my sense of smell had gone .
Thought I would google it and found this site and comments.
I’m not imagining it! The perfume is not the same . I had no idea the ingredients had changed and Clinique customer service did not mention it .
Waste of money - the perfume is not a ‘perfume ‘. It has no fragrance whatsoever.

Purchased in September 2019 at Airport duty free.

Not what it used to be so sad!!

So very disappointed !! I was so looking forward to receiving a bottle for my birthday it was the only thing I requested above anything. Have been wearing it for years and luved the fact the beautiful aroma would last all day! I used to get so many comments not any more!!! Lucky to last 30 mins so very very disappointed . I will not be buying it again ! So sad

Purchased in August 2019 at Myer for $165.00.

I thought my bottle was defective!

I thought something was wrong with my bottle. The aroma does not last like it use too.

I have worn this faithfully since the mid 90’s. Now, I have to find something else.
I could never understand why people bother things that works. I guess they got greedy, looking to cut or dilute ingredients.

Purchased in August 2019 for $70.00.

Bring it back

I have worn this for thirty years. Noticed they changed the formula and did not pass it on to us. It now stinks, and the smell last about 10 minutes, had to wash it off. Clinique, you are selling crap now. Just discontinue the product if you can't keep the same formula. Now on the search for a new fragrance.

Purchased in June 2019 for $72.00.

So it's not just me.

I like many others have used aromatics elixir for years and loved it.The new spray I recently opened
is a dark fluid which bears no resemblance to the original either, in the perfume or length of the perfume lasting.It's very very disappointing.I'll be looking for a new perfume. To make it worse,I bought two bottles duty free. Shame on Clinique.

Purchased in August 2018.

Feel I am due a refund!

I have worn this perfume for over 20 years and the perfume definitely has changed. Will never be buying it again. Nothing like the original. To say the formula hasn't changed I imagine is contravening the trade descriptions act. Although I have tried it think I should be able to get a refund.

Purchased in March 2019.

This is/ was my signature perfume. What do I do?!

I’ve been using this product solely for approx thirty years, that is at least 30 bottles. Just opened a new one and found it was different. Still had some from the old bottle and compared and it is definitely different.

Purchased in September 2018.

Not a happy bunny

Always wore this as my signature fragrance, even worked for the brand for 3 years, so imagine my horror when I sprayed a new bottle only to be met with the most disgusting off smell. I asked my Clinique consultant ( who I know well!) and she informed me apparently it’s because Clinique cannot get hold of the green moss anymore!!! Although they’ve been told to tell the loyal customers that nothing’s chsnged!!!
Not very good considering the cost!
So yet again it’s obviuosly their loss of many many loyal customers
My search continues for a new fragrance !

Purchased in December 2018 at Feminine Mysteries for $45.00.

Disappointed in The new version of Aromatics Elixir

I have also worn Aromatics Elixir Parfum for 30 years, I spoke to the lady in Myers in Mackay that assured me that nothing has changed with the formula of the perfume and that it must be hormone changes in my body. I use to get people stop & ask me what I am wearing - not anymore & it is nothing like the original. Nice to know that it wasn't all in my head. I am looking for a new signature perfume, not having a lot of luck though.

New formula is a complete disaster

Totally agree with the previous comment. I also have been purchasing the perfume for at least 30 years. So disappointed with the product.. I feel customers should be advised when buying the perfume that it has changed. Unfortunately when I questioned the assistant THEY
HSD NO IDEA THAT IT HAD BEEN CHANGED. The reason I knew it had changed was that I contacted Clinque.

It’s definitely not the same ...

I’ve been buying this fragrance for over 30 years. I just started using a new bottle and the smell is nothing like what it used to be. It smells like fly spray. I used it once and had to scrub it off my arm. It’s putrid. I called Clinique who confirmed it has changed. Clinique should not be allowed to change the formula of this fragrance and dupe customers into thinking it’s the same by still using the Aromatics Elixir name and packaging. It is false advertising. If you know and love this fragrance from years ago don’t buy it again. It’s totally different.

Asked my husband

Have been using AE for more than 30 years as the only perfume I had no reaction being asthmatic - my husband had noted my last bottle was different and on reviewing comments he appears to be correct.
What can we do and what other fragrance is there on the market that I can try?
Very disappointed and angry.
Jill

What have you done??????

What on earth have you done to the perfect Aromatics?
It’s NOTHING like it was, I’ve been wearing it for 30 years why would you change it?
Cost cutting I suppose like everything else!
I’m absolutely gutted as I’m sure thousands of other people are

Elixir all gone

I’ve been using Clinique Elixr since back in the 80’s and this new junk is not the elixir that I loved over all of the years. I won’t be buying it anymore. You can’t smell it when you spray it on...my favorite cologne, shame it is messed up.

Perfect

Almost identical to Claire Burkes Original scent love it i spray it all over my house, on my pillow cases i can't get enough of it i will wear this fragrance forever

Smells changed for the worst

Used this perfume for years, so disappointed that it had to change, I used to get so many nice comments about what perfume I was wearing, so lets face it your profits have gone down it seems reading everyone else's comments we all feel the same, please bring this back.

Aromatics has definitely changed

I have worn aromatics for years. I was given a new bottle as a present. I sprayed it on and the smell was awful. Clothes smellèd disgusting. So bad I had to change blouse before going to work. So disappointed. Will not wear again. What a waste of money

Fraudulent dud perfume.

Fraudulent practice elixir perfume has falsely been sold to thousands of repeat customers without any word or warning of the change of ingredients. This sadly is flagrant fraud.. I am feeling exceptionally angry that a warning was not out on the perfume paper details, that would have given members of the public a decent warning which would have in turn stopped clients buying a dud perfume. This practice of selling a bottle of perfume that is not of the signature perfume is illegal. If elixir cannot be kept up to the original standards then it needs to be legally challenged if this deviation is not pointed out to the public.

Aha!!

I had noticed for the last few years that my beloved Clinique Aromatics, which I have used since it first arrived on the scene, just doesn't last or smell as good on me as it used to. I assumed, wrongly, that I had become so accustomed to it or my body chemistry changed. I guess Clinique operates on the assumption that if it isn't broken...break it.

The E.U. has put heavy restrictions on the use of oakmoss, due to a fraction of the population coming in contact with it has caused dermatitis, the EU is apparently reviewing approximately nine other substances used in cosmetics/perfumery that have the potential for causing a similar reaction(s) as detailed above.

What a loss!

My signature fragrance of 40+ years is no more!
AE smells worse than week old cat dirt! Immediately contacted Clinique.
Spoke to customer rep. at Clinique 1-800-419-4041 (web page chat was closed).
Very pleasant conversation revealed that indeed the formula has been changed and the "original" delicious one of a kind fragrance is no longer available PERIOD...regardless of where it is produced or where you purchase!
I was emailed an "equal value" coupon for $74 which can be used on standard collection Clinique products of my choice purchased online from Clinique.
PLEASE! Send your complaints to Clinique! Although there is little hope they will bring back the original formula, at least our voice will be heard!
Spread the word!
Too bad - so Sad!

Is there a chance that the original fragrance will be restored? And if so, when? Will not purchase again.. so sad... Loved this perfume.

I just bought a bottle and it was dark, what does this mean? I paid $98.00 for this the fragrance was different, I start using Clinique products in the 1980'store . What can I do?
I have returned two bottles because of the change in this perfume, I think Clinique are useing cheaper products to make this perfume, they tried to tell me that it was hormonal but going by all the reviews there are hundreds of people having the same problem, you should return yours for a refund.Contact Clinique online AND COMPLAIN! You may be compensated for your loss! Complain to 1-800-419-4041

Are there benzene derivatives in this elixer perfume? I have a health condition aggravated by benzene and I love this perfume but want to make sure it is not aggravating my condition.
Hi sorry I don't have the box and it does not have anything on the bottle, perhaps you could contact the Clinique counter at Myers, Regards B.Thank you

CategoryWomen's Fragrances