Clinique Aromatics Elixir

Clinique Aromatics Elixir

1.6

• Smell
  • Causes Irritation Yes (3) · No (12)

Jane

JaneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

What happened to my signature fragrance????

Purchased at Clinique.

Smell
Causes Irritation No

Aromatics has changed!

Worn for 40 years.. new bottle doesn’t smell the same Something has changed!! This was my signature scent!!! I now break out in horrible hives!! The chemical makeup has changed!!

Purchased in February 2020.

Pauline

PaulineGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

At last.....the original Aromatics scent is back!!!

After a very frustrating few years of buying this beautiful perfume, and knowing the scent was altered and was being made in Switzerland.....i purchased a bottle a week ago that like the old days was made in The U.S.A. and boy, what a difference!!! it is the original smell. Whatever the reason to make the perfume in Switzerland was, it flopped. Changed the entire smell to what i call cat's wee. Myer sell the USA stock so check the box before you buy.

Purchased in July 2020 at Myer Online Store for A$165.00.

Smell
Causes Irritation No

Changed fragrance

I have been an Elixir fan for years. When I purchased the body lotion I immediately noticed a different fragrance. It smells nothing like the lotion I had in the glass jar. I’m so disappointed because Elixir is an unusual fragrance that I loved wearing. Can’t the consumer have the original back? Please.

Purchased in January 2020 for A$30.00.

Smell
Causes Irritation No
Pinky

PinkySydney

Changed and smells disgusting

I haven't bought this for such a long time, so decided to buy some. It smells nothing like it used to, reminds me of cat see. I also got a massive rash on my neck where I applied it. I have skin that is sensitive to cheap perfume- but this is far from cheap perfume and I'd previously used it with no problem. Clearly the perfume has changed and not for the better. I ended up throwing it out as myself and my family couldn't stand the smell

Purchased in January 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$60.00.

Smell
Causes Irritation Yes

Why did it have to change

I have been buying this beautiful perfume for many years but I am bitterly disappointed that they have changed the ingredients its just not the same how can we get the original back please please...

Purchased at Myer.

Clinique & Dishonesty

I recently opened a new bottle of Clinique Aromatics Elixir that I purchased at Macy's last August (2019.) I have been using AE since it first hit the market and always kept a bottle on hand, so that I would never be without. Those days have ended. The formulation is not the same and the replacement is not acceptable. Shame on Clinique for your dishonesty.

Purchased in August 2019.

Smell
Causes Irritation No

Why did you change my perfume?

I just purchased a bottle of Aromatics Elixir. After 35 years I know my perfume. It is not the same. I feel duped by Clinique. I will never purchase another Clinique product. It is awful. How misleading for devoted buyers. I really can't believe this is happening. Oh, you owe me $59. Because this crap is not what I was expecting to arrive. Shame on you!!!

Purchased in February 2020 for A$59.00.

Smell
Causes Irritation No

I wore it for 10 years and always got compliments. It lasted all day. My chemo patients loved it.The last two bottles that I bought are awful. I won't be spending money on it again but am so sad my signature fragrance has been changed.

Purchased for A$108.00.

Smell
Causes Irritation No

Dot

DotMurray Mallee, SA

Disappointed

I bought a new bottle of Aromatics back in August 2019 and haven't been happy with it. I thought it was just my bottle but after reading these reviews I realise now the formula has been changed. Very disappointed as I have been wearing this for 30 years. I thought it had spoilt and as I had spend $165 at David Jones interstate whilst on holidays I couldn't take it back. will have to find another perfume as won't be buying it in it's current formula again.

Purchased in August 2019 at David Jones for A$165.00.

Smell
Causes Irritation No

Clinique aromatics elixer

The perfume is apparently watered down. I have needed to use a bit to actually notice anything. This is sad. What I smelled on this other person is not what came in the mail to me.

Purchased in December 2019 at Amazon for A$29.50.

Something is wrong with your Perfume

I bought some Clinique in the middle of last year. I’ve been wearing it for a long time and loved the scent. This new bottle has a scent that is just terrible and I have stopped wearing the product. I thought I might find something on line to say there was a bad batch of perfume. On the bottom of the bottle is the number 498.

Purchased in May 2019 at David Jones Retail Stores for A$110.00.

Smell
Causes Irritation No

Disgusting!

I have worn this perfume since 1978. The formula changed and it is HORRIBLE! Paid over $58 for garbage. So disappointed! $58 in the trash. How can-they think we would not notice?

Purchased in December 2019 for A$50.00.

Smell
Causes Irritation Yes
Enlouise

EnlouiseMid North Coast, NSW

So so disappointed!

• +3

Purchased in December 2019 for A$165.00.

Smell
Causes Irritation No

Why keep the name the same

Used aromatics for over 30 years, very disappointed that Clinique did not change the name as it has been reformulated and is nothing like the original, completely misleading and wasted my money

Purchased in November 2018 at Debenhams.

Lord please bring back my signature scent ! For 30 years this has been my scent

I called Clinique directly and they admitted the formula had been changed, please please bring it back! I kept buying new bottles thinking mine were defective, the new formula is gross and I will not wear it.

Purchased in June 2019 at Macy's for A$69.00.

Smell
Causes Irritation No

Thought my sense of smell had deteriorated.

I have been using Clinique Aromatic Elixir since it first came out in the 70's in an aerosol bottle when I was in my 20's. The smell changed slightly when the Elixir was reissued in the non-aerosol spray bottle, but it was still unique, long lasting and garnered compliments every where I wore it. I have adored this perfume for 50 years. NO LONGER TRUE. Although it is packaged the same and has the same name, the product currently being sold as Aromatics Elixir is a FAKE, a KNOCK-OFF, a PHONY. The company has changed the formula and it expected its loyal fans not to notice. Shame on Clinique/Estee Lauder.

Purchased in September 2019 for A$77.00.

Smell
Causes Irritation No
Lina.B

Lina.BCanberra 2600, ACT

Duped!

Purchased in November 2019 at Myer for A$165.00.

At last Clinique confessed after two years of lying that they have changed the Aromatic formula

I have used Aromatics since it was launched. I asked the representative in my local John Lewis why it smelt different. She said she had used it for 30 years and had not noticed ! she said they were not aware the formula had changed . She went on to say only a couple of customers had complained. I called Customer Services who admitted they had changed the formula. I reluctantly accepted the refund that I did not want - I simply wanted my old perfume back. Surely they didn't think we wouldn't notice! Were they honest Clinique should have ceased selling this fake as Aromatics and re launched the perfume under another name? I think this is fraud!

Purchased in October 2019.

What has happened to my favourite perfume???

Purchased in November 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for A$69.99.

Leonie C.

Leonie C.asked

Please brin6gthe original formula back for Aromatics Elixir. I have used the perfume for as long as I can remember. We need it in our lives.

Kate
Kate

Yes,please do. What I purchased was not the original formula. It seemed watered down....didn't last...needed to replenish too often

Kelley
Kelley

Wholly agree

Sue Taylor

Sue Taylorasked

I, too, have noticed the change in the perfume Aromatics Elixir. The perfume does not last as long and I have to use much much more to retain any kind of smell. Please please, will you be reverting to the original formula? I THINK but do not know, if it was the oakmoss which has been omitted. I no longer get compliments on the fragrance and will not be buying any more until I am sure the original formula has been restored. Many thanks.

Enlouise

Enlouiseasked

Will your company be remaking this once most beautiful perfume in the old formula again.