Clinique Aromatics Elixir

Clinique Aromatics Elixir (page 2 of 5)

• Smell
  • Causes Irritation Yes (3) · No (16)

Lord please bring back my signature scent ! For 30 years this has been my scent

I called Clinique directly and they admitted the formula had been changed, please please bring it back! I kept buying new bottles thinking mine were defective, the new formula is gross and I will not wear it.

Purchased in June 2019 at Macy's for A$69.00.

Smell
Causes IrritationNo

Thought my sense of smell had deteriorated.

I have been using Clinique Aromatic Elixir since it first came out in the 70's in an aerosol bottle when I was in my 20's. The smell changed slightly when the Elixir was reissued in the non-aerosol spray bottle, but it was still unique, long lasting and garnered compliments every where I wore it. I have adored this perfume for 50 years. NO LONGER TRUE. Although it is packaged the same and has the same name, the product currently being sold as Aromatics Elixir is a FAKE, a KNOCK-OFF, a PHONY. The company has changed the formula and it expected its loyal fans not to notice. Shame on Clinique/Estee Lauder.

Purchased in September 2019 for A$77.00.

Smell
Causes IrritationNo
Lina.B

Lina.BCanberra 2600, ACT

Duped!

Purchased in November 2019 at Myer for A$165.00.

Find out how Clinique Aromatics Elixir compares to other Women's Fragrances

At last Clinique confessed after two years of lying that they have changed the Aromatic formula

I have used Aromatics since it was launched. I asked the representative in my local John Lewis why it smelt different. She said she had used it for 30 years and had not noticed ! she said they were not aware the formula had changed . She went on to say only a couple of customers had complained. I called Customer Services who admitted they had changed the formula. I reluctantly accepted the refund that I did not want - I simply wanted my old perfume back. Surely they didn't think we wouldn't notice! Were they honest Clinique should have ceased selling this fake as Aromatics and re launched the perfume under another name? I think this is fraud!

Purchased in October 2019.

What has happened to my favourite perfume???

Purchased in November 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for A$69.99.

Maxine M

Maxine MPeel, WA

Businesses selling your product should be informed

Having bought Aromatics Elixir for my mum for many years the last bottle I bought eight weeks ago my mum said it doesnt smell right. Taking it back to a Terry White Pharmacy the Estee Lauder representative said there is nothing wrong with it, she said she has not been informed the perfume had changed. Come on Estee Lauder be honest with your loyal customers. We told the representative to get onto this page.
A very disgruntled customer.
Maxine

Purchased in August 2019 at Terry White Chemists.

It’s not the same

I had run out of this- my favourite perfume . Last week my son bought me some at Malaga airport . Sprayed it and thought it smelt old and off . Was not right at all .
I phoned Clinique in London who said ‘ how very strange ‘. They kindly sent a replacement bottle which I received today . I sprayed it on and to my disappointment, it was the funny old stale smell again . I thought it must be me and my sense of smell had gone .
Thought I would google it and found this site and comments.
I’m not imagining it! The perfume is not the same . I had no idea the ingredients had changed and Clinique customer service did not mention it .
Waste of money - the perfume is not a ‘perfume ‘. It has no fragrance whatsoever.

Purchased in September 2019 at Airport duty free.

Janet

JanetSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not what it used to be so sad!!

So very disappointed !! I was so looking forward to receiving a bottle for my birthday it was the only thing I requested above anything. Have been wearing it for years and luved the fact the beautiful aroma would last all day! I used to get so many comments not any more!!! Lucky to last 30 mins so very very disappointed . I will not be buying it again ! So sad

Purchased in August 2019 at Myer for A$165.00.

I thought my bottle was defective!

I thought something was wrong with my bottle. The aroma does not last like it use too.

I have worn this faithfully since the mid 90’s. Now, I have to find something else.
I could never understand why people bother things that works. I guess they got greedy, looking to cut or dilute ingredients.

Purchased in August 2019 for A$70.00.

Bring it back

I have worn this for thirty years. Noticed they changed the formula and did not pass it on to us. It now stinks, and the smell last about 10 minutes, had to wash it off. Clinique, you are selling crap now. Just discontinue the product if you can't keep the same formula. Now on the search for a new fragrance.

Purchased in June 2019 for A$72.00.

JRH

JRHSouth East Queensland, QLD

So it's not just me.

I like many others have used aromatics elixir for years and loved it.The new spray I recently opened
is a dark fluid which bears no resemblance to the original either, in the perfume or length of the perfume lasting.It's very very disappointing.I'll be looking for a new perfume. To make it worse,I bought two bottles duty free. Shame on Clinique.

Purchased in August 2018.

Feel I am due a refund!

I have worn this perfume for over 20 years and the perfume definitely has changed. Will never be buying it again. Nothing like the original. To say the formula hasn't changed I imagine is contravening the trade descriptions act. Although I have tried it think I should be able to get a refund.

Purchased in March 2019.

This is/ was my signature perfume. What do I do?!

I’ve been using this product solely for approx thirty years, that is at least 30 bottles. Just opened a new one and found it was different. Still had some from the old bottle and compared and it is definitely different.

Purchased in September 2018.

Not a happy bunny

Always wore this as my signature fragrance, even worked for the brand for 3 years, so imagine my horror when I sprayed a new bottle only to be met with the most disgusting off smell. I asked my Clinique consultant ( who I know well!) and she informed me apparently it’s because Clinique cannot get hold of the green moss anymore!!! Although they’ve been told to tell the loyal customers that nothing’s chsnged!!!
Not very good considering the cost!
So yet again it’s obviuosly their loss of many many loyal customers
My search continues for a new fragrance !

Purchased in December 2018 at Feminine Mysteries for A$45.00.

Kerri A

Kerri ACentral Queensland, QLD

Disappointed in The new version of Aromatics Elixir

I have also worn Aromatics Elixir Parfum for 30 years, I spoke to the lady in Myers in Mackay that assured me that nothing has changed with the formula of the perfume and that it must be hormone changes in my body. I use to get people stop & ask me what I am wearing - not anymore & it is nothing like the original. Nice to know that it wasn't all in my head. I am looking for a new signature perfume, not having a lot of luck though.

Find out how Clinique Aromatics Elixir compares to other Women's Fragrances

New formula is a complete disaster

Totally agree with the previous comment. I also have been purchasing the perfume for at least 30 years. So disappointed with the product.. I feel customers should be advised when buying the perfume that it has changed. Unfortunately when I questioned the assistant THEY
HSD NO IDEA THAT IT HAD BEEN CHANGED. The reason I knew it had changed was that I contacted Clinque.

BeeDee

BeeDeeBrisbane

It’s definitely not the same ...

I’ve been buying this fragrance for over 30 years. I just started using a new bottle and the smell is nothing like what it used to be. It smells like fly spray. I used it once and had to scrub it off my arm. It’s putrid. I called Clinique who confirmed it has changed. Clinique should not be allowed to change the formula of this fragrance and dupe customers into thinking it’s the same by still using the Aromatics Elixir name and packaging. It is false advertising. If you know and love this fragrance from years ago don’t buy it again. It’s totally different.

Asked my husband

Have been using AE for more than 30 years as the only perfume I had no reaction being asthmatic - my husband had noted my last bottle was different and on reviewing comments he appears to be correct.
What can we do and what other fragrance is there on the market that I can try?
Very disappointed and angry.
Jill

What have you done??????

What on earth have you done to the perfect Aromatics?
It’s NOTHING like it was, I’ve been wearing it for 30 years why would you change it?
Cost cutting I suppose like everything else!
I’m absolutely gutted as I’m sure thousands of other people are

Elixir all gone

I’ve been using Clinique Elixr since back in the 80’s and this new junk is not the elixir that I loved over all of the years. I won’t be buying it anymore. You can’t smell it when you spray it on...my favorite cologne, shame it is messed up.

See all Clinique Aromatics Elixir reviews