Clinique Aromatics Elixir

Clinique Aromatics Elixir (page 3 of 5)

1.7

• Smell
  • Causes Irritation Yes (3) · No (13)

Fraudulent dud perfume.

Fraudulent practice elixir perfume has falsely been sold to thousands of repeat customers without any word or warning of the change of ingredients. This sadly is flagrant fraud.. I am feeling exceptionally angry that a warning was not out on the perfume paper details, that would have given members of the public a decent warning which would have in turn stopped clients buying a dud perfume. This practice of selling a bottle of perfume that is not of the signature perfume is illegal. If elixir cannot be kept up to the original standards then it needs to be legally challenged if this deviation is not pointed out to the public.

slim5555Chicago,IL

Aha!!

I had noticed for the last few years that my beloved Clinique Aromatics, which I have used since it first arrived on the scene, just doesn't last or smell as good on me as it used to. I assumed, wrongly, that I had become so accustomed to it or my body chemistry changed. I guess Clinique operates on the assumption that if it isn't broken...break it.

What a loss!

Angie

AngieMarket Harborough

Sad at the change

Contacted Clinique as the bottle I bought smelt "not right" and I was assured that the formula had not been changed. I had returned the perfume to John Lewis who refunded me. I love, (loved) this fragrance so took a chance and purchased a 2nd bottle. It was just as bad as the 1st. Needless to say I won't be buying a 3rd. I am sad to have lost one of my favourite perfumes.

Changed for the worst

Was a present as this is my favourite perfume. The smell is nothing like it was, thought it was a fake it smelled so bad. Why cheapen such a 5* product. Will not be buying either perfume or body lotion again after using 25 years. So disappointed.

Friday

FridayBrisbane

So Disappointed

Have worn Aromatics Elixir for 40 years and its not the same, just purchased a new bottle and its bad, lost me as a customer if they don't change it back so sorry as I loved this perfume

Bad smell

I have used aromatics for many years I had lots of comments how lovely it was, not anymore it smells as if it has gone off! I have purchased bottles from different stores to see if they were different but all of them smell bad. So disappointed as this was such a lovely perfume will not buy anymore until it changes back!

You changed the scent!

The new scent is terrible. Want the old scent back! I loved the old scent! So did everyone else! The new scent fails! I returned the new bottles! Bad ugh

Change for the worse

I first noticed the change on someone else who said she was wearing aromatics. I thought there must be something wrong as I've been using aromatics for about 25 years and didn't recognize it on her. I was due to buy a new bottle so just to be on the safe side, I sprayed one wrist with the one I have and asked at the perfume counter for a sample spray on my other wrist for a comparison. Just as I thought, they were very different ... I didn't like the awful new formula at all so needless to say won't be buying any more. I'm devastated to lose my favourite perfume and about to try some copys of it that may have a better chance of smelling like the original than the new formula. Goodbye Clinique !

Diane

DianeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Where is the original Clinique?????????????????????

Have returned 2 bottles as they are completely different to the original Clinique that I have used for many years, I always got plenty of comments about my beautiful perfume & it would last all day. I don’t know what you have done to change things but it now smells disgusting. I read all the other reviews so I am not the only one with the problem, you must be losing so many customers. The sales assistant tried to tell me that it was a hormone change in my body that changed the smell, RUBBISH.Diane.

KIMBA

KIMBAPendle Hill

Scent has changed

Like many reviews l have read l thought my bottle of clinique aromatics had gone bad in store but after buying another l realise this signature scent has been changed. I now have two 100ml bottles that smell vile. This is so disappointing as this has been my favourite scent for many years. Time to change to another brand.

I can live without this vile smelling perfume!

I thought that a bottle of my signature perfume was 'old stock' as it smelt stale so I returned it and was given a refund. I then purchased another bottle and was devastated to find that this too had a very bad odour. A jacket and dress which I was wearing, having already sprayed the perfume, both now have a disgusting pungent smell which I cannot remove. I have had both garments steamed and then dry cleaned and it has made little difference. My wardrobe also now has a trace of the odour.

As a pensioner who has used Aromatics Elixir for 20 plus years, I cannot afford to lose almost half of my weekly pension on another bottle of this inferior perfume which I have always thought of as a little treat for myself once a year.

Ellie

EllieSydney

Devastated

This was such an amazing scent and now it leaves an unpleasant odour. Please make it in the USA again. I was always complimented. Not anymore. Need to find a new scent.

Bad bad bad!!!

I thought it was just me! I have used Aromatics for 30 years since a teenager and now it smell like cats pee. It smells stale, like it off.... terrible!! Think you’ve just lost a lot of loyal customer Clinique!!

Bad bad!

Totally loved this perfume in the past, however my newest bottle is disgusting. Why would they change it?? What a waste of money. Will never buy any Clinique perfume again.

What happened

I bought a new bottle of this fragrance on a cruise
So disappointed. To find it had changed
Also thought it must have been out of date.
Not happy JAN feel ripped off

Joy GSingleton NSW

Clinique Aromatics

I have been wearing this for 40 years and just purchased a large bottle and it smells like its off what can i do about it i am devastated this is all i ever wear in perfumes

Leilani

LeilaniOrlando

If It Ain't Broke, Dont Fix It !!!

I'm Sad. I have been a loyal fan of the ' Original ' Clinique Aromatics Elixir for 30 years. No other fragrance made the same impact. It was hypnotizing and unique. Now.......it is Not Worthy of the title. When I questioned the obvious change, I was told it was due to My metabolism changing. Well, when all the negative reviews are taken seriously, metabolic changes are NOT the problem. It is the poor company decision that has Backfired ! Give us the Real Original Aromatic Elixir back...We miss it :-(

I noticed too

I have also used Aromatics Body Smoother for 30 years. Last two months have noticed “no compliments or people asking about the fragrance” and my clothes always smelled like “me”. The new formulation is not even close. Looking for a new signature scent.

Aromatics Elixer formula has changed

See all Clinique Aromatics Elixir reviews

Leonie C.

Leonie C.asked

Please brin6gthe original formula back for Aromatics Elixir. I have used the perfume for as long as I can remember. We need it in our lives.

Kate
Kate

Yes,please do. What I purchased was not the original formula. It seemed watered down....didn't last...needed to replenish too often

Kelley
Kelley

Wholly agree

Sue Taylor

Sue Taylorasked

I, too, have noticed the change in the perfume Aromatics Elixir. The perfume does not last as long and I have to use much much more to retain any kind of smell. Please please, will you be reverting to the original formula? I THINK but do not know, if it was the oakmoss which has been omitted. I no longer get compliments on the fragrance and will not be buying any more until I am sure the original formula has been restored. Many thanks.

Enlouise

Enlouiseasked

Will your company be remaking this once most beautiful perfume in the old formula again.