Clinique Aromatics Elixir

Clinique Aromatics Elixir (page 4 of 5)

1.7

• Smell
  • Causes Irritation Yes (3) · No (13)

Aromatic elixir change in smell

Having used Aromatic Elixir for over 20 years, I now find the perfume has changed to an unpleasant smell.. I am extremely cross as I bought 2 100ml bottles whilst there was a 10% discount. Surely any change in ingredients should be notified to the customers by some form of announcement. I feel that I have been cheated out of £150 of my money, and Clinique should be held responsible for this. It is almost as if Clinique are now using inferior ingredients just to make more money.

Thought It was just me ! ! !

I have had Aromatics previously and LOVED it. As a treat to myself . . . WOW nasty.
A work co worker said the same. If thats not enough Clinique I'm $165 out of pocket and no perfume to wear.

Sooooo disappointing

My most recent purchase of this perfume is hugely disappointing and smells rank! Previously I actually had people stop me and comment on my perfume saying how nice it was - not anymore. Such a shame Clinique - I won't purchase any of your perfumes again.

Lyndelou
Lyndelou

Bernie

Bernie

Disappointed

Just not a pleasant fragrance anymore, smells stronger & harsh, seems a change in an ingredient or such, very disappointing, what used to be my favourite fragrance, is not anymore.

rita

ritaSwindon

Elixir perfume

A couple of months ago I bought a large £72 bottle of Clinique Elixir perfume. I have worn this for numerous years but no more. The smell is awful and the liquid changed to a pale green in colour. I have returned the perfume to the store but they say it is me that has changed but hey I have just finished a small travel bottle off which smells as it should. Please change the formula back. I am so disappointed.

So sad and disappointed!

Ive been wearing Clinique Aramatics for about 30 years! This was my signature fragrance. After buying my last bottle, it didn't smell the same. I returned it and tried another one and returned it and got my money back. I'm so disappointed and sad that the formula has been changed. I won't be purchasing any more until it is back to the old formula!

Fletch2

Fletch2Buckingham

They have definitely changed the scent!

I have been purchasing Clinique Aromatics for 30 years and have received many compliments. I bought my latest bottle in October 2016 and noticed it did not smell the same. I raised a complaint with Clinique and was told (as others have stated in their reviews) that it must be my body that has changed. I am convinced they have changed the formula and lied to me about this. Very disappointing as it has been my favourite perfume. I hope they take note of these reviews and change it back!

Used to be great now it's terrible!

Using AE for over 20 years. In 2016 summer,scent changed, colour a " dark brown smelly water".
Aug.2017 I bought another. Colour pale yellow, smells bad. (I have pictures) Wasted more money and lost a `tried and true` fragrance. One bottle says `Made in the USA` The other doesn`t. NO MORE products from Clinique!!! THIS IS FRAUD!!!

Why is Clinique lying to its customers?

I have worn Clinique Elixir for 40 + years and recently noticed with my last two purchases (which were promptly returned) that the lovely scent is no more. Clinique representatives have had the AUDACITY to tell me it's ME that's has changed! NOT SO! I didn't even have to spray any on me to recognize immediately that the scent coming from the cap was FOUL! Shame on Clinique! It reminds me of when Coke changed their original recipe and did not own up to it until sales plummeted. Bring back our old elixir!! Please!

Find out how Clinique Aromatics Elixir compares to other Women's Fragrances

Deplorable replacement to smell without letting customers awareness

I have just spent well over a £100 to buy the elixir perfume. It amounts to this company committing fraud. They changed the perfume buy took the monies from unaware customers.
How can they get away with this?

Please please go back to original scent!

I, too, thought I had bought a "bad batch" of AE recently. After reading that, indeed, they had changed the formula, I was disappointed beyond words! I have worn AE for 30 years and have gotten countless compliments everywhere I go. It was my signature scent. Why did you change the formula? Is there somewhere that I can still purchase the original AE? Again, I beg you to PLEASE go back to the original scent!

GO BACK to the scent that I have used and LOVED for 20 years!!!!!

I thought it was a "bad batch" when I bought my beloved scent that I have used and loved for 20 years. Total strangers would ask me what IS that beautiful scent! PLEASE is there any way to get the original?
You really need to revert to the old magnificent formula or lose a very large following for whom there is no replacement.

Go back to the original formula, PLEASE!!!

No "staying, lingering" power. Scent is no longer that of Aromatics Elixir....and the formula from the last 40+ years. Appears to be more "flowery" than the much loved original scent. PLEASE GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL FORMULA!! Was told by Clinique it was changed 2 years ago.

Aromatics smells like hairspray now!

I agree, that l wonderful scent has totally changed in the last two years. To me it smells like cheap dollar store fragrance now. I thought I had just bought a bad bottle, but then I bought from Macy's, eBay, even directly from Clinique, and they're all horrible. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's upset about this. Thanks!

Yeap. The scent is no longer there.

This used to be my signature perfume but the recent bottle I bought isn't what it used to be. The scent has definitely been changed as if it is a cheap imitation. I am very disappointed with the Clinique.

What have they done!

This is my signature perfume which I have worn for years. I ordered some recently on Amazon for £ 40 when it arrived it did not smell like aromatics so I returned the product thinking for the price I had been given a copy. I reordered perfume from Boots for £70 only to find the smell was no longer the same. So disappointed i loved this perfume but won't be buying it again.

Lorraine
Lorraine

New Aromatics fragrance

I have worn Aromatics for 30 years & have been a walking ad for u! Why change the scent? The new scent is soapy sweet & fades in 10 min! Not good! Can I still get the old fragrance?

What have they done?

Have used this for years, cost me hundred pound, ended up buying two bottles, and both of them smell vile, what have they done? Shan't be buying anymore will have to find a new perfume, am quite upset.

Totally changed

I have just thrown my bottle away because it's so gross. I have been wearing this for years too - loved it - I too though this was a dodgy 'copy' but I bought at it at the Airpory Duty free. I can't believe they've changed such a gorgeously unusual perfurme.

Clinique has definately changed their Aramatics perfume

Been using this perfume for 30 years and loved everything about it, however had a new bottle for Xmas and it was definItely different, took it back to Debenhams without any fuss they replaced it, the new is just as bad, smells really like a cleaning product. Been told by their consultants that its me that's changed not the perfume - Dont believe this they have altered it and made a complete mess of a beautiful product

See all Clinique Aromatics Elixir reviews

Leonie C.

Leonie C.asked

Please brin6gthe original formula back for Aromatics Elixir. I have used the perfume for as long as I can remember. We need it in our lives.

Kate
Kate

Yes,please do. What I purchased was not the original formula. It seemed watered down....didn't last...needed to replenish too often

Kelley
Kelley

Wholly agree

Sue Taylor

Sue Taylorasked

I, too, have noticed the change in the perfume Aromatics Elixir. The perfume does not last as long and I have to use much much more to retain any kind of smell. Please please, will you be reverting to the original formula? I THINK but do not know, if it was the oakmoss which has been omitted. I no longer get compliments on the fragrance and will not be buying any more until I am sure the original formula has been restored. Many thanks.

Enlouise

Enlouiseasked

Will your company be remaking this once most beautiful perfume in the old formula again.