Gumption Multi Purpose Cleanser

Gumption Multi Purpose Cleanser Questions & Answers

88 questions from our users

JJR

JJRasked

Hi, is there any way to loosen gumption after it has gone hard in the cupboard?

BeccaJ

BeccaJasked

I know it's awesome but my concern is that all the ingredients other than water are classified "secret" by the parent company Clorox ... anyone have any idea what's actually in it?

Opey
Opey

I’ve never heard of them . I should check them out!

niyathi s.

niyathi s.asked

Can I use this to clean my Essastone Benchtop which has some old aged strains. Will it affect the stone ?
thx

Ana
Ana

Hi Niyathi,
I shouldn’t say yes, because gumption damaged my vinyl flooring. I asked people at Bunnings and they said that gumption is not recommended to use in any stone tables/floor.
Good luck’ Ana

Jim Hasked

Is Gumption safe to use on golf cart perspex windscreens

Alex

I've never used it on Perspex! The trick with Gumption is to always wet the area you wish to clean first, then use a wet cloth with a small amount of Gumption on it, like a 'smear' and apply gentle force BUT I'd imagine Perspex is easy to scratch, so remember Gumption IS abrasive, albeit a very fine abrasive. Perhaps try a VERY small section first but if in doubt, don't!

Jim H

Thank you for your prompt advice.

Jilda L.

Jilda L.asked

Can you use this on Marble tile to clean the grout without damaging the marble?

Alex

I've not used Gumption on marble but I have used it on glass and stone benchtops, what I do is Wet the surface I'm cleaning first then use a wet cloth (paper towel) then apply some Gumption and use light to moderate pressure. I'd imagine marble tiles are pretty tough. Just Do Not use a scourer pad as Gumption is already a very fine abrasive. Ive even used gumption on a glass splashback to remove grease, the trick is, wet the surface you're cleaning first.

Maureen G.

Maureen G.asked

When gumption is hard how can it be softenened? Thanks.

Jennifer N.

Jennifer N.asked

Does Gumption contain micro beads?

Jen
Jen

I don’t believe so the consistency is a thick paste. With a damp cloth and tiny bit of gumption used it quickly broke down to a soapy sud do not see beads.

kimbopumpkin

kimbopumpkinasked

Does it remove mould build up in the bathroom and what about any anti-viral activity??

Gordon Lasked

will gumption remove decals from an aluminium sided caravan

Ian K.

Ian K.asked

Cleaning brass

Alex

I have cleaned brass with gumption before, so long as it's real brass, not brass plated. Just remember to dampen the item AND the cloth you are applying the Gumption with, less is more.

Margaret Carey

Margaret Careyasked

What are the ingredients in gumtion

Alex

Gumption is available at Coles, Woolworths, IGA and I recently saw it in the Reject Shop, go read the label. Omg. Lol.

Simmie
Simmie

In Google, type in: What are the ingredients in Gumption. There is a downloadable PDF that explains everything about Gumption. It is a non-toxic product.

Nick
Nick

No ingredients listed on the label

Cate johnson

Cate johnsonasked

Can you use gumption on waterline and above on our fibreglass swimming pool it's salt chlorinated

donna

donnaasked

is gumption sold in Italy?

Knighty

Knightyasked

Can Gumption be used on glass ckktops?

Peter M

Peter Masked

my gumption has gone hard, what do I dilute it with?

TinyT

TinyTasked

I saw the YouTube video that showed this product being used on porcelain floor. My question is: Is it safe for the finish of glossy porcelain floor tile?

Thanks!

J Fern

Yes - it is safe. Apply it using a micro fibre (soft) cloth. Damage (ie. dulling the glaze) to the surface of a porcelain tile will only occur if you use the wrong application such as scrubbing too hard with a metal type scourer, etc. I have cleaned hundreds of bathrooms and kitchens and floors - and I have never damaged any surface using Gumption. The only place you must pay absolute attention is on metal surfaces with paint - like a cooktop and oven. If you use Gumption to clean the wording (ie. the temperature settings or burner indicators) the printed details will wipe straight off!

Mrs Sybilasked

Can you use Gumption to remove old paint from around brushed chrome door handles? And to clean chrome bathroom fixtures?

J Fern

If the paint is on the brushed chrome handle I would suggest trying Gumption on a damp Magic Eraser (in your cleaning aisle at Woolies/Coles, etc), and if that does not work then I would buy some steel wool pads (about $1.50 in the cleaning aisle) and try cleaning with those, with a small amount of Gumption. I have cleaned paint on brushed chrome and brushed stainless steel using steel wool pads and Gumption (even just the steel wool itself should be enough). Just be careful to work the steel wool pads on the brushed chrome only, ie. protect the surrounding surfaces so you do not scratch them. And then use a micro fibre or Chux type cloth to rinse and wipe away the Gumption when paint has been cleaned away.

J Fern

Oops - yes, absolutely do use the Gumption on chrome surfaces in your bathroom. It is fantastic! And use a Magic Eraser as it will cut your cleaning time down. And dry with microfibre cloths ($4 for a packet at Reject Shop, etc).

Mrs Sybil

Thank you so much for your prompt and great advice. I look forward to trying it out.

Sue D.

Sue D.asked

Is Gumption palm oil free?

Claudia A.

Claudia A.asked

Can I use Gumption on the inside of a pan? I cook a lot of brown rice and it leaves a scummy residue that I cannot seem to remove even with the dishwasher on a 'heavy' hot wash, I have scrubbed it with washing up liquid and a scourer (not metal) and it won't budge!!

Gordon L

soak the pot in a 50/50 solution of household bleach and water leave it until the scum falls off the rinse well in running water

TK_K

TK_Kasked

Can Gumption be used to remove car’s oil film?