Gumption Multi Purpose Cleanser

Gumption Multi Purpose Cleanser Questions & Answers (page 2 of 5)

89 questions from our users

TK_K

TK_Kasked

Can Gumption be used to remove car’s oil film?

tigre

tigreasked

Where can you buy this in Victoria?

Peter M
Peter M

Coles or Woollies

Kate H.

Kate H.asked

Can you use gumption on vinyl tiles?

JJJ

JJJasked

What are the ingredients in Gumption? I saw a caution on Amazon that it may cause infertility or harm an unborn child.

Ishi
Ishi

I've never ever heard of such a thing and I can't seem to find any studies or literature that states this fact. My family have been using it through three generations, my mother had six children, my sister four, my brothers have six, four , five and three children respectively and I have one. So it certainly hasn't harmed any of us reproductively nor our offspring. As with most cleaners you should wear gloves and not ingest it, but as it is a paste and not a spray I would imagine the likelihood of being poisoned are considerably reduced compared to other products available. It's an excellent product. It cleans everything you can imagine from soap scums on showers and glass, to stainless steal, porcelain, tiles, pots, stoves, baths, anything you would have to scrub, it is especially effective and makes light work. It's a great product and I've been using it for four decades. I would highly recommend.

Ashok kumar K.

Ashok kumar K.asked

Does it clean pen marks on vinyl floors?

G.G

G.Gasked

Does gumption remove steel marks from porcelain tiles?

Julie O

Julie Oasked

What ingredients are in Gumption. Cannot find this info. Thanks.

joyce

joyceasked

The grout between the ceramic tiles on my kitchen floor are very discolored from dirt, grime, grease, and whatever else gets on a kitchen floor. The floor comes clean easily, but the grout does not. Does Gumption clean grout?

John Moir

John Moirasked

Can you please forward me the current sds for Gumption Multi purpose cleaner. My email is jmoir@hwns.com.au

Elaine M

Elaine Masked

How much does Gumption cost?

Tarnz
Tarnz

Around $5.50 from Coles

Rhonda

Rhondaasked

can I use Gumption inside the oven or will it make it smoke next use?

Jacquie
Jacquie

I have used it in my oven just to give it a quick clean. As long as you wipe it all off it will be fine. Hope that helps

Emilyasked

Would this work on oven racks?

Dido Dan
Dido Dan

Yes it should. Very good in cutting grease deposits.

Emily

Ok no worries so a rack with deep fried food on display work the same and do i have to scrub it

Robbie C

Robbie Casked

What are the ingredients in gumption?

TAE
TAE

Sorry, I can't answer this, but I would like to know the answer. I have looked everywhere for a list of ingredients but cannot find anything. I experience contact allergies with may products and I feel Gumption may be a safer alternative due to its paste form, but I would like to know what's in it, please.

Joe

Joeasked

Does this product have a use by date or it will expires On a specific time (like 2 years) if not use ?

soo
soo

Hi Joe
I suppose if the container is not air tight, the paste would eventually dry out and go hard.

Maxine G

Maxine Gasked

Can you clean inside sauspans with gumption?

Yes. After I've finished scrubbing, I go over it with some normal dish soap and hot water. Gumption is non-toxic, however I just want to be sure any residual Gumption is cleaned away so I can't taste it the next time I use the pot to cook!

Ken E

Ken Easked

I replaced the black rubber flange at the back of our toilet bowl & the black off the rubber transferred onto the hard plastic white toilet lid. I’ve tried, vinegar & bi-carb, magic eraser along with a number of other known cleaners without success. Would Gumption be effective? Regards Ken.

Hi Ken,

Yes, I would try that for sure, please keep in mind it is an abrasive so there maybe scratch marks but being white plastic it should be OK, just gently first.

Fran Schottasked

Can I use Gumption to clean a marble table top? The marble is NOT polished, it's a flat/matt raw finish.

Hi Fran,

I would be too scare on a nice marble table.
Gumption is an abrasive!
When I get a coffee cup stain on a marble coaster, I use a baby wipe to get the marks of & it works a treat.
However, baby wipes may have a chemical & do damage, so if I was going to you, I would test on a not so obvious spot first.
Marble & caeser stone is so nice but I would not like the maintenance, I prefer laminex now, lasts so much longer, easy to clean & not as expensive!
There are some nice laminex out there now.
Hope this helps.

Thanks Angie

Rty

Rtyasked

Is it suitable to rinse into septic systems?

Hi,

Sorry, I don't know.
Call 1800813661 (Clean Australia Pty Ltd) if you are in Australia.

Hi,
I agree with above comment. If in doubt use Vinegar & Bicarbonate of Soda, certainly does work & not harmful to environment.
Gina

Sheila

Sheilaasked

Can I clean my stainless steel cook top with gumption please? tia

awiseowl

Gumption is an abrasive so be careful & test a small bit first.
I used it on the calcium build up around the kitchen taps on the stainless steel sink, all the build up went but my sink is nearly 10 years old so if it did scratched I wasn't worried.
I have used it on my stainless steel gas cook top, magic! It is not a well lit area so I cant see any scratches but be again test first, good luck.
You may end up gumptioning the whole house like me lol..

Gina59

Short answer YES. Gumption can be used on stainless steel sinks & cooktops. As has been already stated Gumption is an abrasive but if you don't rub continually in same spot should not be a problem. I use on my stainless steel gas cooktop, double sink, mircowave, toaster, kettle & dishwasher. Small amount on damp cloth, no rubbing required, spread a film of paste over surface & rinse off.

Dawnigirl
Dawnigirl

Hi Sheila, I would test it first just to make sure it does not scratch. Make sure you rinse it off. It is an amazing product and I am sure you will be using it on everything.

Cathrineasked

Where can I buy Gumption in New Zealand?

Myshelle
Myshelle

Try Woolies though I think I got mine in my local IGA

Cathrine

Thanks. I'll look around in Christchurch a bit more. I'm in NZ, not Australia!

Sam
Sam

I have never seen this in NZ, don't think there is any retailers that supply it either but if you are desperate I am happy to help a fellow Kiwi out and send you some!