Gumption Multi Purpose Cleanser

Gumption Multi Purpose Cleanser Questions & Answers (page 3 of 5)

89 questions from our users

Amanda

Amandaasked

I am wondering if i could use Gumption to clean inside my oven? I use it to clean everywhere but never tried in the oven tia!

Sam
Sam

You sure can

Sharyn
Sharyn

thanks Sam :) I was thinking if cleaning my oven with it, now I will

BROOKEasked

Can you use gumption on baseball pants to remove red dirtt stains?

Valerie

I've never tried it, but I would!
I've used it on blouses to remove anti-perspirant stains with great results in seconds.

BROOKE

Ok thanks!! I'll give it a go!

Flic

Flicasked

I also want to know if it's safe to use gumption in a septic system please?

Valerie

Not my area of expertise, sorry!

The Clorox Gumption® Paste Cleanser has a smooth formation that can be conveniently used on a wide range of surfaces such as ceramic and enamel cooktops, vinyl floors, laminate benchtops, fibreglass and hard plastics to remove stains and dirt quickly. You can use this Gumption multipurpose cleanser with a damp cloth or dry nylon scouring pad to remove tough stains and grease marks. Containing non-hazardous materials, this efficient and long-lasting cleaner offers a safe and reliable function. Avoid using this Gumption cleanser on stainless steel appliances and other delicate surfaces that are susceptible to scratches.
Gumption® paste cleanser is compatible with a wide range of surfaces
Can be used to clean baths, basins, tiles, sinks and cookware
Not suitable for stainless steel appliances and other delicate surfaces
Offers a smooth formation to use conveniently
Safe for skin
Delivers a reliable and long-lasting function
Can remove dry stain and grease marks effectively

kayzerasked

Can I use gumption inside my oven?

Valerie

Absolutely! see previous question.

Mrs Peel

Mrs Peelasked

Can I use it to clean the inside of my fisher and paykel oven?

Yes. Of course.

May K

May Kasked

Where do I get gumption from I use to get in Australia do they have it in nz?

Valerie

Sorry, I can't help. I don't know if it's available in NZ.

Hyperion

Hyperionasked

Is Gumption Vegan? Many friends use and say it is but idk lables are skechy these days

Valerie

It doesn't have a list of ingredients, just that it's a cream cleanser.

Blf33

Is Gumption Vegan!?! What sort of question is that?! Heres your answer Gumption is a cleaning product, not an edible spread lol

Tails
Tails

To answer above. Vegan is a lifestyle not a diet. It pertains to anything you use in your daily life, from food to clothes to soaps and shampoos, and, you guessed it, cleaning products...

Emma

Emmaasked

can gumption be used around pets and is it safe incase they ingest any by accident?

Helen M

No idea, but can't imagine that it would be appealing to pets or be toxic. Suggest you contact the manufacturer.

Nicole Waaka

Nicole Waakaasked

Can I use gumption to remove stains from a marble table? Stains caused by liquids.

No you can't

Helen M

Haven't got anything made of marble so can't answer that one

Blf33

Absolutely you would be able too will work well as Gumption does on most hard surfaces, just always take caution as Gumption is a little gritty and may scratch the surface, though rarely does scratch, ive been cleaning my white stove top with Gumption for years and never been scratched.

Rene

Reneasked

I have old yellow urine stains on beige crpet will gumption remove te colours

Helen M

No idea...I wouldn't have thought to try it. Have a feeling carpet stains react to white vinegar but it might need to be a fresh one. Try my friend Google.

Grose get new carpet

Anjover

Anjoverasked

Help, I used this at my clients house (for the first time, I always use it at home) it's left white residue on the glass and tiles!! Any suggestions???

Helen M

I guess the solution is to wipe over again (and maybe again) with a clean cloth rinsed out in warm water. The White Magic glass cloth does a really spot-on job on my mirrors, glass and tiles.

Stanefree

Always use another apartment with in so on glass spray glass cleaner first then gumption it and clean of with glass cleaner and do the same with tiles

Blf33

I can only infer that the Gumption may have been left on too long and has dried as a result left behind residual marks, this does happen with Gumption if left on too long or dries and will be more evident on glass. Like the other answers here, i can just suggest when using Gumption never let it dry on whichever surface and i find it just needs to be rinsed/wiped off really well with a dish cloth or i prefer to use paper towel and warm water, i find paper towels easier as you can just use more towel with each wipe rather than having to rinse a dish cloth which may end up leaving some pasty Gumption on cloth resulting in streaks and residue.

earlybird

earlybirdasked

can gumtion be used to clean brass?

Helen M

Good question...but I don't know the answer. It's something I've never tried but I have a couple of brass ornaments so I'm going to risk giving it a try in an inconspicuous spot. It probably works quite well.

Blf33

Well im an ardent user of Gumption on just about every hard surface in our home to remove stains or marks. So if it was me id be going for it :) I also have never used it on brass, though i did recently clean an old stainless steel plate which was darkened in colour and very tarnished, but when i was done scrubbing using Gumption and a soft Scourer it was as good as new, I wish i could show before and after photos i took. All id advise is to try on a small area first as Gumption is slightly abrasive and definitely use either a plain old tea towel or if you need to scrub it use soft scourer. Best of luck

Joanne

Joanneasked

Does it clean ovens??

Blf33

Hi Joanne, ive never tried on my oven though im sure it would certainly be possible, id suggest using soft scourers and be a little careful on the glass as Gumption is slightly gritty and might scratch glass, try on a small area first, but in saying that it has never scratched our white stove top using soft non scratch scourers. Just be sure to thoroughly rinse out your oven of all the Gumption very well, also id probly run the oven for awhile after cleaning and make sure it doesn't smell of Gumption before cooking. Hope this helps, all the best:)

Yes it does!

Dene

Deneasked

Where in NZ can I buy this. Its the best product ever.

Blf33

Im a little unsure as to where in NZ you could buy Gumption from, i can only suggest trying Countdown which is Woolworths in Aus, or you can try any other supermarket or hardware stores, otherwise i do know you can buy it on Ebay. Sorry hope this helps.

Nads

Nadsasked

Will this help get rid of instant tanning spray that have stained my floors in my bathroom?
Thank you!

Stanefree

Maydo however I have not tried it. Try it and let me know please

Blf33

Hi Nads, well as with any stain the longer its left there the harder its gana be to get off, though Gumptions a rely great product im assuming u mean hard floors not carpet, i reckon certainly give it a shot, get some soft scourers so they dont scratch your floor n just scrub with hot water (as hot as u can handle) rinse off with a cloth or paper towel n if its been there awhile might wana repeat n scrub again, but i do think it should work well, best of luck :)

Annasked

Where can I buy Gumption? I tried Woolworths yesterday and no luck.

Blf33

Hi Ann, well thats no good is it Woolworths is where ive pretty much always bought it, i suggest trying your next woolies or else you can buy from; Coles, IGA, Woolworths, ive also seen at Masters.

Stanefree

safeway and coles is where i get this from

Ann

Thank you, I will try the stores you have mentioned.

Sill dog

Sill dogasked

Will it clean soot and smoke stains for fireplace bricks?

Blf33

Hello, i cant say ive tried as i dont have a fireplace, i look into cleaning soot online and i dont see why not, would all depend on if bricks were reasonably smooth should be easier than rough ones and also how long its been dark with the soot time since last clean, im assuming its inside so using gumption, scrubbing well then pressure clean to rinse would be ideal if an outdoor fireplace, inside i reckon i would first; use whateva spray clean you have lying around spray all over leave for 5-10min, then with a good scrubbing brush and warm-hot water bit of detergent scrub well then rinse, then id use the Gumption depending on how big your fireplace is you may need a couple of tubs, simply make into a thickish paste with bit of water, spread all over area again leave for 5min then the trick with Gumption use abit of elbow grease scrub really well over an over then rinse well maybe best use big sponges of 'bag,a,rags' see how you went an if necessary repeat. Although ive never had an issue on any surface just care by trying first on a small area. Though bricks i reckon you should be ok. I really hope this helps you out somewhat. Best of luck.

Emj

Emjasked

Does gumption contain bleach?

Stanefree

no not at all, i do believe Gumption is environmental friendly

spanga2410asked

Can you use it on glass - shower screen in particular. Have soap and water marks that I want to try to remove if it is safe for glass.

Stanefree

I use it on shower screens and i get the best results from it

Blf33

Agree absolutely works really well in the shower for the glass, tiles, and grout. Best of all can be done whilst your in the shower can rinse well at the same time. I always scrub using those scratch proof scratch pads best to use if concerned with leaving scratches on glass or any surface.

I'm going in..................

Liam

Liamasked

How do you remove gumption stain off vinyl? After I used it on my kitchen bench its left white marks I've tried scrubbing it with just water and a clean sponge.

Blf33

Id have to say use the Gumption, key is to not let it dry and to thoroughly wipe until clear and clean using cloths or better using scratch free scrathie and as hot a water as you can handle, not sure how its even stained vinyl really it should just wipe straight off.