Gumption Multi Purpose Cleanser

Gumption Multi Purpose Cleanser Questions & Answers (page 4 of 5)

89 questions from our users

Natasha

Natashaasked

Does Gumption get soap scum off clear glass shower screens? - I've tried absolutely everything & nothing seems to work.

Hi Molly.
Not sure - I've not tried it on glass because of its abrasive nature. Have you tried steam mop or CLR?

sorry, don't know

kerrie
kerrie

Yes it does , I have also tried everything to remove the soap scum, so I decided to try Gumption and I was absolutely amazed at the results
My bathroom came up lovely. I will suggest you use a scouring sponge to get the really stubborn stains but only gently.
Give it a go you will be as surprised as I was.

Pam

Pamasked

Can I use gumption on my new oven?

dp29

I used it and it worked fine, it took out grease better than other cleaning agents.

Jessyasked

Will it scratch the surface of my glass shower doors? Or should I not use on my shower glass doors for soap scum?

MWC

I wouldn't recommend using it on glass - it's abrasive. Best to use on 'non-delicate' surfaces.

Jessy

Ok thanks will only just use on my stainless steel cooktop.

Simon J.

The Best thing for Stainless and to make sure the shine stays and you can just wipe off any spills
See youtube Chrome Magic

Sandra bott

Sandra bottasked

Does gumption scratch glass?

dp29

i haven't used it on glass yet so don't know

Simon J.

yes it will, why do you wish to use gumption on glass?

MelJC
MelJC

I haven't tried it yet either but there are a couple of reviews above saying it works really well. One reviewer watched an online video about how to do it so that might be worth doing first

rodgerr

rodgerrasked

Is Gumption available in NZ.?

Simon J.

Bunnings would stock it in NZ

Leanneasked

Can you use gumption to clean water stain marks on external house walls?

Simon J.

Depends what type of wall the base is..... it will remove a stain but most likely the Paint as well

I would use some thing like Jiff with a damp cloth

Thank you.

Not sure.

marianne

marianneasked

Can I use Gumption on rubber kitchen tiles?

BBWE16
BBWE16

I'd say so. Do a test one and see how it comes up.

Janelle

Janelleasked

Can you clean laser light (outside verandah roof) with this?

Barry T

Gumption is not for use on glass, If it's mould or a fungus there is a product called Wet and Forget great for all exterior use.

Simon J.

Liquid Pool Chlorine is the best at 10 or 20% to water Simply spray on and you will be amazed as the UV light from the sun will do the rest

I would rinse off after half and hour

It does smell a bit for a day or two and don't spray your plants,..... will not kill them but takes the chlorophyll out of the leaves

gayb101

gayb101asked

Can you use it on skin to get rid of hair dye?

Barry T

Never thought of using it for personal use.

Gary A Wilson
Gary A Wilson

Yes, Gumption can be used on your skin. Growing up in the 50's my Father after working on his car, in the garden etc always came in and washed his hands in Gumption. A tin was always kept under the kitchen sink and in the bathroom. I am positive it will remove hair dye from your skin. Hope this helps.

Emma16
Emma16

this is actually one of my fav uses for gumption

happy22

happy22asked

Does it get rid of smells in leather? I've just bought a five year old lounge suite and the recliners have a strange smell about them. Thanks.

Barry T

I don't think so, you may need a deodorant, after 5 years there shouldn't be a leather smell. It could have been wet at some stage and leaving off a musky smell.

anna

annaasked

Is it safe to clean the inside of an oven with gumption?

Barry T

Yes it is ok, not the glass on the door. Rinse out thoroughly before using your oven.

Stephen Campbell

Stephen Campbellasked

Does it cken ovens?

Barry T

My oven is stainless steel, so it can't be used,also it is not to be used on glass.

mary-rose

mary-roseasked

My Gumption has gone very hard. How can I restore softness?

reviewingforyou

Add some water or use a damp cloth or toothbrush etc.

frangipanni

frangipanniasked

Is Gumption ok for Glass shower screens???

DeeBee
DeeBee

I haven't tried on glass, product doesn't mention for use on glass. You could try a small spot and see if it is ok, it seems to be a mildly abrasive product so would try with care.

reviewingforyou

Yes it works very wellon my glass shower screens.

krilauwhi

krilauwhiasked

Can it be used to get graffiti off a car?

not sharp

I don't think so, to remove paint from a painted surface, I would suggest to go to a commercial car paint sprayer and ask their advice.

genius
genius

When I was 11 I decided to help dad by cleaning the car. I did the whole car with Gumption! Not a GOOD IDEA!!!! It took a spray painter several days to restore the gloss!!! The car was very clean and hygienic - but rather DULL!!!!!

Kayla Jayne M.
Kayla Jayne M.

I used gumption to take off paint/scrape marks from another car. Worked great and still has a shine to my actual paint. (My cars white though - May be different for coloured cars)

dool127asked

Can I use it on my stainless steal dish washer, microwave and cooktop?

not sharp

I wouldn't clean inside the microwave but everything else go for it but again do not use an abrasive cloth or cleaning element.

dool127

This sound so good I'm going on a cleaning spree with my new found cleaning product this weekend. Will let you know how I go. Thankyou :))

rob.alesana

rob.alesanaasked

can gumption be used to remove graffitti

not sharp

the only thing is try it there is nothing wrong with trying and finding out what this cleaner can do

vince.bond.1

vince.bond.1asked

Will gumption scratch glass ie fish tank glass?

CleanInvestor

No it won't, I do suggest you don't use it in the tank. Why would you need to use it on glass. Invest in a glass scrapper in the painting ilse at bunnings- that's what I use.

not sharp

what ever grime you may have inside your fish tank it will remove it with a soft cloth, don't use anything abrasive, Gumption will not scratch it, just ,use enough strength to remove it by wiping it in a circular fashion, use a damp cloth and see how much elbow grease you need but usually you don't need to beTarzan to remove any sort of dirt or grime,

emza26

emza26asked

Will gumption get rid of black scuff marks on walls?

CleanInvestor

Sure does, its pretty heavy duty. Try also Jiff or Morning Fresh Dishwashing Liquid with water.

not sharp

it depends on the paint, try it out of sight e.g. behind a fridge or freezer put gumption onto a rag, rub it and see what happens if the paint stays on you're save to continue and it should take of any mark off. you can try to make it a bit wetter leave it for a few seconds and than try to remove it, don't think I'm an expert or a representative of this product but I have used it extensively, my personal magic moment was when I've used it on model railway carriage wheels .which had a lot of grime on it and they came up like new, door marks, marks around the light switch.but always try it somewhere else first, it depends on the paint. I've tried it on brass knobs, revitalize items which have been slightly discoloured, enamel surfaces but try these again wetter so you don't take the shine off.

Racahill

Racahillasked

Can I use Gumption on a biro mark on a leather chair?

not sharp

I haven't tried it but I would not attempt to do it, you better ask a leather expert and see what they can come up with, don't forget it is abrasive and leather is not metal or hard surface. .

Craig
Craig

As Gumption is a has mild abrasive properties I would probably seek out an alternative solution. Regards, Craig