Gumption Multi Purpose Cleanser

Gumption Multi Purpose Cleanser Questions & Answers (page 5 of 5)

89 questions from our users

Ken

Kenasked

Can gumption be used on chrome to get rid of rust?

Craig
Craig

Hi Ken, I think one of the other Gumption product reviewers has used it for that purpose. I'm not sure if they specify a specific technique so maybe contact them. Regards, Craig

No - it doesn't work

not sharp
not sharp

of course it gets rid of rust but in your instance the chrome has either been split, peeled off and the bare metal exposed, you can get rid of the rust but it will come back unless you do thye following steps, after cleaning the rust off spray it with a protective substance so the air doesn't get to it.

Tracy Vaatuituiasked

will Gumption remove hair dye stained on a laminate bathroom cupboard door?

Melbourne_3000

Hi Tracy I would not use Gumption for that job as it is slightly abrasive.
I have had the same problem in the recent past and used a drop or two of gel bleach (toilet duck).
Mine was beige laminate, apply than keep your eye on it for a minute or two then wipe off with a wet chux or cotton cloth.
I also repeated the above as I noticed it was working.
This should reduce or eliminate the dye.
*Would not use bleach gel on dark laminate just in case it over processes on the area.

ok many thanks

becca

beccaasked

Hi just wanna know will gumption take a name painted on the wall off as well as texter and nail polish

Melbourne_3000

Will not remove nail polish, will lighten texter possibly remove.
Use a damp chux with Gumption for painted walls.
Good for many scuff marks.

OzNana

OzNanaasked

Can Gumption be used to clean an iron / enamel bath that has been resurfaced?

Dear Nana

One of the main ingredients in this product is baking soda so it is very mildly abrasive.
Regarding the iron, I would not use it on a Teflon® type coating, stainless steel is fine.
The product is fine for bath enamel.

sorry, I have absolutely no idea but wouldn't hurt to give it a shot

David

Davidasked

Can I use gumption on glass shower screen to remove the build up of soap scum without damaging the glass? Also can it be used on polished ceaser stone bench tops?

Isabella
Isabella

I used it on a glass mirror. It cleaned and polished it to perfection. It may help to compare, glass mirror/glass shower and give it a go...i don't know anything about ceasar stone. Sorry.

Melbourne_3000

Its ideal for shower screen soap scum, I like to finish off with a car chamios

colleen lacey

colleen laceyasked

What is it made of?

Melbourne_3000

Colleen just checked the tub, no info about ingredients so it must be a secret like KFC LOL.
Its a fine solid paste that has bicarb soda as the main ingredient I understand.
Smells fresh and not chemical like.

John Monks

John Monksasked

Will gumption clean up black spots on tile grouting? Is it available in Europe - UK, France or Switzerland?

reviewingforyou
reviewingforyou

Do you mean mould? I just went into my shower and tried using some on an old toothbrush and it cleaned 80% of it out of the grout and the rest it faded to nearly invisible. I think its only sold in australia. Sorry.

Marilyn4848

Marilyn4848asked

Where can we buy it in the States?

PC92
PC92

Which state are you talkig about

Vicki36asked

I have a new laminex wood grain look alike kitchen bench,I have water and wipe marks that I cant get off, builder has looked at it, suggests the kitchen manufactuer look at it,would gumpton to safe to use or will it damage my laminex even further I fear having to repalce my bench tops Thanks

mauvehaze
mauvehaze

Hi, It is possible that Gumption would scratch it further. I use Gumption on glass, chrome, stainless steel, grout etc

Brilliant thank you very much Cheers Vicki