Close Comfort Cool Focus

Close Comfort Cool Focus

Portable Air Conditioner Buying Guide

A portable air conditioner is a great way to stay cool, but with the array of choices, finding the best portable air conditioner can be complex. This portable air conditioners buying guide is here to help you meet your AC match so you can spend a cool time together.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

4.5

• Heating / Cooling Speed
  • Portability
Dave Miami Qld.

Dave Miami Qld.South East Queensland, QLD

Bought for Toyota hiace campervan. Cools so well have to pull the blanket over.

Purchased in January 2021 for $629.00.

Jr. W.

Jr. W.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

My experience with Close Comfort air conditioning.

2018 - Was melting in a house with no air conditioning. Did some research before buying the close comfort set up ..... Being off grid I admit I was sceptical even though the research regarding this set up was positive. . I live in South East Queensland with a summer season that would try the patience of the best . The close comfort cools like a little beauty. I have the igloo set up over my bed and I run it on 17degrees and sleep under a doona ....... I absolutely love it and that fact that it’s so economical on power usage means I can ru. It off grid .... Highly recommend it . Fabulous set up - Cheers Jen .

Purchased in February 2018 for $800.00.

Jody B.

Jody B.Perth, WA

Amazing compact unit

Received my Close Comfort Unit, plugged it in straight out of the box ( no assembly or complex instructions) and it was ready to go and working in seconds.
Works like a dream when sitting at my desk or lying in bed.
Don't know why I didn't buy one earlier

Purchased in January 2021 for $699.00.

Portable Air Conditioners

Find out how Close Comfort Cool Focus compares to other Portable Air Conditioners

fluffy

fluffy

Not good at all

I expected a nice cold breeze instead it's a noisy useless air, warms up the room, I am a lot happier using my old fan. Misleading product, not delivering as per ads on radio and tv, not happy at all, disappointed, read the reviews, they were very appealing, not sure if mine is not working proper, but mine is very disappointing.
Did not have a chance to check it out prior to the 14 days return policy, it Was not used as it was cold.
Even on the coldest setting 17 is not satisfactory. Wasted $. I could not recommend this product.

Purchased in November 2020 at closecomfort.com for $599.00.

DavesterificSouth East Queensland, QLD

PERFECT. THANKYOU CLOSE COMFORT

Purchased in November 2020 for $670.00.

Nicholas Dworcowyi

Nicholas DworcowyiSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Amazing appliance

Purchased in December 2020 for $650.00.

James T.Close Comfort

Hi Nicholas, thanks for your review. Your feedback is extremely important for us at Close Comfort. We are happy to know you are having cooler nights when camping with your family. Please let us know if you have any inquiries. All the best!

James T.Close Comfort

You made my day with this review! Thank you!

Fantastic

This is a great product and is exactly as described on their website. Much more practical than the portable air conditioner it replaced since I don't need to have all the windows and doors closed to use it or figure out how to vent it out an impractical window. The noise is good compared to a portable a/c and the fan noise is pretty quiet, although there's an intermittent rattling noise from the compressor which is mildly annoying. It works really well in my home office where it's just me so I can blast cold air at my desk or easily move it around the room.

Purchased in November 2020 for $629.00.

Sandi

SandiRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Totally awesome!!

Can’t express how pleased I am with this unit. I live in the northern rivers NSW so it’s hot and humid a good part of the year. I’m also off grid so I needed something that would work with my limited solar setup. I’m currently running the unit at the end of my bed at full power, 18 degrees and it’s only drawing 280 watts of power. My bed is a little oasis of cool and dry . I’ll recommend these to everyone!!

Purchased in November 2020 for $629.00.

James T.Close Comfort

Thanks so much for sharing your experience Sandi! We're thrilled to see that you're enjoying your unit and can confirm how energy efficient they are to run. All the best from the team at Close Comfort.

SDJ

SDJMid West, WA

Amazing product and service!

Purchased in September 2020.

Portable Air Conditioners

KipPerth

Does its job well!

Like: Compact; no need to have extra vent/hose to get hot air out of window. Good cool air. Does its job well. Low power consumption to run!
Don't like: A little noisy.

Purchased in January 2020.

Jennifer B.

Jennifer B.asked

So does it cool the whole room like a aircon or just directly onto the person.

Davesterific

Jennifer, it's really just for one or two people - perfect for my wife and I working side by side at a desk at home. Not really for cooling a whole room, just what they call a 'micro climate'. I LOVE my Close Comfort.

James T.Close Comfort

Thank you, Dave. Your feedback is very important to us. We are happy to know you are having cooler moments with our unit. Let us know if you need any assistance.

Goly G.

Goly G.asked

Where is it made?

James T.Close Comfort

Australian designed technology and it is manufactured and assembled Taiwanese owned factory in China.

John J.

John J.asked

Dear Sir,

Why has the PC9+ /Cool Focus been discontinued ?

Thanks.

Kip

hi, you might like to email contact@closecomfort.com their sale support for the info.

Hi John,

We are constantly evolving our product offering and increasing the efficiency of our air conditioning units to meet expectations.

The PC9+ model was first released back in 2017. After improving the compressors and other internal components last year plus creating a new in-built focus enhancer to double the cooling effect of the Close Comfort unit, a new iteration of our air conditioners was born. We named this model Cool Focus. We also added another new model to our product line in Australia, Easy Focus, that has single pre-set speed and temperature settings for people who don't need a remote and prefer to open our units and be cool straight away.

We're constantly working on improvements and innovations that will see new models and accessories being released to customers in future months and in the years to come.

Thank you for your question and, as Kip suggested in his comment, feel free to reach out to us anytime at contact@closecomfort.com or by phone on 1300 22 66 58 and we'll be happy to speak to you.

Get an answer from our members and Close Comfort representatives