Closed Loop

Closed Loop

1.0

BarbaraSydney

Once you've bought it, you're on your own

I bought a domestic composter a couple of years ago, and it kept breaking down. It was fine while it was under warranty, but now it isn't and they don't have anyone who can repair it. They sent me a list of repairers, but none of them are doing it any more. They're the opposite of environmentally friendly. They say there is nothing they can do, and they have other repairers, but only for their commercial composters. They've basically manufactured a machine that breaks down constantly, can't be repaired, and will be consigned to landfill. I find their indifference to this environmental issue and to customer service both hypocritical and shocking.

Grant_DunnAU

CLO’ey Composter

bhu Boue vidya

bhu Boue vidyaasked

Barbara, once you got your Cloey fixed, did you have trouble getting the compost "started" again? Or did you just reload with your last batch and turn it on? Thanks...

Barbara

I just reloaded with some of my last batch and turned it on. By the way I've actually just discovered another design fault which is that the compost leaks into the motor area at the back, making the machine incredibly noisy if you don't clean out that area. I hope they sort these issues out with the next model.

bhu Boue vidya

bhu Boue vidyaasked

Hey Grant could you provide some details on how you built your rotisserie motor composter? Thanks!

Rareman1asked

did you get satisfaction finally ?

Nope. I gave up trying

Rareman1

Can you tell me more about the solution that you worked out ?Also I hear that they are going to build the chloey in Aus .Cost about $1000

Barbara

I found a fantastic company on the Northern Beaches of Sydney called Energy Culture and they came out and fixed it for me. But no thanks to Closed Loop, and I spent a long time calling around fridge mechanics and power tool repair places before I found them. Anyway, it's working again now, because they (Energy Culture) did a really good repair job, including fixing a major design flaw with silicon, to stop the compost getting into the motor.