Closer to Nature Perfect Prep Machine

Closer to Nature Perfect Prep Machine Questions & Answers

11 questions from our users

Sarah m

Sarah masked

I have this perfect prep machine but use aptamil gold formula. Basically Australias best selling formula is rendered useless with this machine as its in 50ml incraments. Tommee tippee informed me of a oz to ml conversion chart which only the 7oz= 200ml is suitable (not really helpful), and aptamil suggested changing to their HA formula which is in 30ml imcraments. Im stocked up of the orginal formula so any know of how to make these two compatible? Surprised the machine isnt in 30 or 50ml lots

Emily92

Emily92asked

I have just carried out the set up phase but I have also unplugged the prep machine as I'm not due to be induced until tuesday. Will I need to do the whole cycle again or just switch on and use? Thanks

Shaheen

Shaheenasked

Do you have to keep machine plugged in at all times or only when making a feed?

Nat.M

Nat.Masked

I put a new filter in my machine and used it about 10times but havent used it now for a few weeks and therefore machine has been unplugged. Do i need to buy a new filter before using or will the warning light still illuminate despite being unplugged for so long?

Sally
Sally

If the warning light is still.on for the filter afyer you changed it you haven't pressed the reset button on the side when you changed it. I think?

Melissa88asked

Hi everyone, do you know how to adjust the machine as it dispenses 5ml more eg 125ml? I tested this without the formula. Thanks heaps otherwise I love this machine

kram
kram

My machine hasn't had this problem, but 5ml probably wouldn't bother me.

Kirst

You can't adjust the amount given you can push the power button again to start the flow then stop it by pushing it again at 5 ml and then it will stop I wouldn't imagine it would make a whole difference on the temp in the bottle but best to make sure before giving it to baby :-) I hope this helps

Melissa88asked

Can anyone help me figure out to use this machine to do a 90ml bottle but the machine starts at 120ml?

Thanks heaps

Kirst

Hi Melissa you can stop the water when it reaches 90mls but the temp won't be accurate . You could make double the amount you need then use half and put the other half in the fridge for the next feed . They don't tend to stay at 90mls for long then they move up . It's hard because the machine just doesn't do lower amounts . I hope this helps :-)

Melike Dogan

Melike Doganasked

Do I need to boil and cool the water before filling it in the machine??

Kirst

As far as I understand it you don't have to that's why you have a filter inside the machine :)

Tiffany B
Tiffany B

No, the machine has a filter. So it filters the water for baby.

Andrea

Andreaasked

Hi Ladies, I just bought the perfect prep machine , but I don't know how to make up a 50 ml bottle for a newborn when the machine can dispense min 120 ml of bottle . Would you just make up a bigger bottle with twice as much formula? If you need 1 scoop of formula with 50 ml water would you put 2.5 scoop into 120 ml ? Then just let bubba to drink as much she wants then throw the rest out? Please ladies help me I have no experience with this machine yet . Thank you !

Melissa88

Hi Andrea, have you figured it out? My little one is drinking 70ml but I'm thinking of putting 90ml but can't figure out to work the machine when it starts at 120ml? Can you help?

Spud

Spudasked

I am having problems with my machine. I am looking to make a 150ml bottle up but the red temp warning light is on and the machine won't let me do anything if I move the dial to 320ml it the warning light goes out. Also do you need to have the machine plug in at all times?

kellze

I have my machine plugged in all the time but I don't know if it needs to be.
It sounds like there may be a slight issue with your machine. Call closer to nature and I am sure they can help.

Andy
Andy

I constantly have the same problem - after looking into trouble shooting it, it turns out it is the temperature gauge for the machine. According to the manufacturer's website, for safety reasons, the machine won't operate if the water is over 25 degrees Celsius. They suggest to try putting cold water into the machine and ice inside the water tank and that should turn off the red light and make the machine functional again - (that sometimes works for me although not always so I think that the temperature gauge on my machine is broken. I have read that this is a very common problem with this machine unfortunately.)

holzasked

Where do u buy replacement filters ?

Sharpened

Wherever you bought the machine from. Alternatively Baby Bunting or Babies r us should have them.

Thankyou :)

Everywhere I have tried do not sell them. Toys R Us is where I bought it but they don't have any and nor do Big w or Target.

The only place I haven't tried is baby bunting. They didn't have any online so I ended up ordering some from overseas the other day. Annoying cause the cost of shipping would have bought me two more filters.

kellze

I have just sourced some from Amazon.co.uk they ship to Australia and is limited to 5 per purchase. The exchange rate at the moment is a bit rubbish but it still works out slightly cheaper than the $20 rrp here in Australia.

Angel Rose

Angel Roseasked

Can you put milk in instead of water? I have an 18month old who still wakes up wants a bottle and just waiting for the jug to boil and wait for the bottle to warm up, it just takes for ever and she's not on formula but cows milk so just like to know before I go and buy one?

The short answer is NO.

Inside the unit is a filter that would block from other liquid apart from water.

Next, the unit is not refrigerated. Keeping milk or milk products at room temperature for too long may cause food poisoning.