Cloud Nine Original Iron

Cloud Nine Original Iron

4.4

• Hair Length Medium (10) · Long (6) · Short (1)
  • Hair Style Wavy (17) · Curly · Straight
  • Straightening Time 14.25 minutes (16)
  • Hair Care
Mikayla R.

Mikayla R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

AMAZING. BeSt HaIR PrOdUcT iVe EvEr BoUgHt!!!!!

This product is the best hair product I have ever spent money on. 100% worth the purchase.
I recommend it to everyone.
The cloud Nine Original Hair Straightener takes seconds to heat up to max heat which does the job plus more. I have tried many hair straightening products and the Cloud Nine straightener is by far the best.
My hair has been bleached a number of times which has ruined my hair completely and it has definitely ruined my confidence as a woman :( My hair is dry, brittle, weak and frizzy, extremely disheartening.
This Cloud Nine straightener certainly makes my hair feel soft, smooth, silky and straight, and makes me feel like a confident woman after using this simple, easy and light weight product.

Purchased in June 2019 for A$349.95.

Straightening Time 8 minutes

monno

monnoSydney, NSW

best straightener ever

Having been thorough 2 ghd straighteners in only a few years as they both would just stop working I decided to try cloud 9 and have not been disappointed! Both the ghd ones stopped working for no reason and before that would pull hair and get it caught in the plates. This one I have had for about 5 years and have not had 1 problem. Doesnt pull hair and straightens my hair so fast and perfect. Love it! Now to get the wide one for my daughters extremely thick and wavy frizzy hair.

Purchased in August 2015 for A$280.00.

Straightening Time 25 minutes
Marnee

MarneeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolute Dream

10/10 would recommend. I'm useless at curling my hair with a straightener, but the cloud 9 is a dream with the tilting plates. Easy temp setting. Good size. I've had it for nearly a year and love it more everytime I use it. Will never go back.

Purchased in May 2019 at Hairhouse Warehouse Online store for A$330.00.

Monica6753

Monica6753Pilbara, WA

It's great

I love how high or low I can set the heat, and it straighten very well better than my ghd, and it's faster too, I always use heat protectant spray on my hair before I use it, and it heats up fast

Purchased at eBay for A$334.00.

Mauzy

MauzySydney, NSW

Poor Quality

Purchased in June 2017 at Adore Beauty for A$279.00.

Jasmine

JasmineMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best Purchase 8 years still using!

My mum purchased these for me for my 21st birthday as a present, i am now 29 and i am still using these same hair straighteners, i was previously using ghd's but i find there so faulty at the chord that connects to the straighter i gave up on this brand, i am so glad i did the switch. will always recommend this brand to anyone who is looking for a long term reliable straighter that does the same as a ghd !

Purchased in November 2012 for A$360.00.

AShlea

AShlea

Love the multi temp settings

So easy to use, lithe straightener heats in I ly a few seconds and I can adjust the temp mid way through use. Leaves my head feeling soft and smooth :)

Purchased in April 2018.

Sophie

SophiePerth, WA

The perfect straightener

Love this device! Use it for any hairstyle and I know I can get my hair looking amazing within minutes. I love the feature of choosing the heat so you won’t heat damage hair unnecessarily

Purchased in September 2017 at Oz Hair & Beauty for A$220.00.

Straightening Time 10 minutes
JSS

JSS

A bit flimsy

This hair straightner was good while it lasted. Owned it for less than a year before it broke due to it being poor quality. It developed a crack from use that had to be glued back together and now t doesn't work as well as I'd hoped. It was expensive for the overall poor quality of the product.

Purchased for A$250.00.

Jessica

JessicaPeel, WA

The best! So glad I switched to this

I'm in love!! Very quick to heat up, and I love the adjustable heat settings. My husband was also happy that it comes with a heat resistant cover to stop the benches from getting damaged. I can't believe how smooth and silky my hair feels after using it. And how quick it is for me to take my hair from frizzy to nice and straight.

Purchased in May 2019 at Adore Beauty for A$279.00.

Hair Length Short
Joe

JoeCentral West, NSW

Best. Straightener. Ever.

The speed of this straightener is amazing. Not only does it heat up super quickly, but straightener hair takes two seconds. I am a hairdresser and I would use our Cloud Nine Iron 10 times a day at least, and I would not ever choose anything else!

Purchased in March 2016 for A$299.00.

Tamara N.

Tamara N.South East Queensland, QLD

The best hands down

This iron is awesome. My hair always turns out so smooth even without a blow dry first. I used to hate doing my hair... now It looks professionally done every time!

Purchased in December 2018 for A$230.00.

Ricky V.

Ricky V.South East Queensland, QLD

This is the top of the line straightener!

The Cloud nine straighteners are the new best straightener!
Does not destroy or pull my hair, holds temp well, came in a lovely gift pack with heat resistant bag.
I have already brought my mum one as a gift!

Purchased in May 2017 for A$270.00.

Woonona moo

Woonona mooIllawarra, NSW

Won’t go back to ghd

My hair is so dry and chemically distroyed. But the cloud nine doesn’t pull or snap my hair. I had a ghd before this and hands down cloud nine is the better of the two. Heats up quicker seem to have better heat control and hair glides through it better live love love

Purchased in June 2019 at Hairdresser .

Morgan

MorganPerth, WA

Total workhorse.

When my last straightener bit the bullet (ghd) after 8 years I was looking for something to replace it and had heard that Cloud 9 was a good brand to look into as GHD supposedly weren't what they used to be. Super happy with this purchase - I don't want any fancy bells and whistles on my straightener, just for it to do it's job and this is exactly that, it straightens and curls with no fuss.

Very minor gripe - I wish it made it more obvious that it was left on or had an auto-off feature as I often leave it on by accident in the mornings, but that's just me. Love that I can adjust the heat settings as I often need a higher heat to get a good curl going. Hoping this one lasts as long as my last straightener!

Purchased in October 2018 at Adore Beauty for A$300.00.

Alicia.M.

Alicia.M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

6 weeks old - BURNT OUT

6 weeks old and $330 waste of money. It made a crackling noise and heated down the straightener and burnt my hand. Turned it off waited to cool and turned it back on, seconds later it crackles and a fair amount of smoke comes out of it. Old Ghd still problem free after approx 7yrs, thought I was upgrading- how wrong I was.
UPDATE* Hair care Australia happily swapped it over for a new one and were lovely to deal with. I'm still unsure if this was the best purchase...

Purchased in January 2019 at Dose the hair company for A$330.00.

Straightening Time 25 minutes
Sez Gilcher

Sez Gilcher

Cant live without this great product

Has a great inbuilt speed setting for fast and safe use, does not fry my hair, makes it silky and softer than its ever been. my hair is usually very dry and feels brittle and like straw, this is the only hair straightener that my hair type agrees with

Purchased in October 2018 for A$119.00.

Straightening Time 10 minutes
See all Cloud Nine Original Iron reviews

Shonz

Shonzasked

No response from Cloud 9 Customer service, except receipt of my enquiry, as below:
Subject: Not getting a good result
Hello! I purchased your wide iron through ry.com.au, after glowing recommendations from two hair dressers and reading reviews online. I have wavy red hair that is quite thick, which I condition well and use a heat protector, I normally blow dry my hair straight with a round pig bristle brush (and Parlux dryer) and then smooth/lightly straighten with a hair straighter for a soft/glossy finish, sometimes when I want a completely straight look I take more time to do so. I have been using a Vidal Sasoon straightener with ceramic plates on 180 degrees for a long time. I was excited to receive your straightener but I am having trouble achieving the result I want/had previously with my old straightner and need advice. I have not changed anything with my product routine but I am finding the new wide iron is making my hair appear stiff and dull rather than smoothed/straightened on 150 degrees, any higher a setting I find my hair smells a little 'toasty' - that slightly too hot smell. The iron heats up very quickly and glides through my hair beautifully and I love that it is so light to handle. I am wondering if there is something wrong with the iron or if I am doing something incorrect or if I should have perhaps bought the normal width iron for my hair? My first ever iron was a wide model and I had no problems with results. I have gone back to my old straightening iron until I can figure out what the problem is. I look forward to your response

Gemma

Gemmaasked

Where can I get my cloud 9 hair straightener fixed? An alarm is going off and I think I saw sparks going off inside it

Nina L.

Nina L.asked

Whats the average lifespan of the C9m My ghd lasted me 8 years. looking for a replacement