Cloud Nine Original Iron

Cloud Nine Original Iron (page 4 of 14)

• Hair Length Medium (12), Long (9) and Short (2)
  • Hair Style Wavy (17), Curly (5) and Straight (1)
  • Straightening Time 15.381 minutes
  • Hair Care
Shelby

Shelby

Amazing!

After my straightener of 6 years finally died on me I was shopping around for a new one. Considered getting the same old GHD but was recommended a Cloud Nine by a friend, and I am definitely not disappointed! Heats up so quick, really smooth and doesn’t tug on my curly hair and if I don’t wash my hair that night it’s still pretty much straight the next day! Just have to do a quick run over to get that super straight look again. Love it - worth every cent!

Great hair tool

This straightener is awesome heats up fast leaves hair feeling smooth and shiny it never gets hair caught in it very easy to use to use very happy with this product

George

GeorgeBrisbane

Great product

No complaints at all for this product, well worth the price. The cloud nine has good quality ceramic plates that do not damage your hair like cheaper brands, it has a temperature sensor so you can see how hot it is. I will be using this hair straighter for a long time to come.

Bev

BevCape town

Not long lasting

Very good product but never last for more then two years over heating making a beeping sound. I had to buy another one and had the same problem after two years.

Hutch

HutchPerth

Simply the beat

These are the beat irons I have ever bought!
They heat within seconds & straighten your hair with easy and without damage.
Absolutely worth every penny, expensive but definitely worth it...

Not built to last

I have had these for under 2 years and sadly my Cloud 9 started over heating (down into the part where you hold the straightener causing it to become too hot to hold), making crakling noises and producing a very strange smell. I purchased the C9 for quality and reliability, but sadly they are not built to last. Save your money and get a GHD or alike.

Jen

JenAdelaide

Great product

This hair straightener works well. it does not seem to damage hair in the way other straighteners do. it heats up quickly. I have a cloud 9 hair curler that has lasted me years and years and this straighter will hopefully do the same.

Kim

KimWallan Victoria

Didn’t last long

I purchased a cloud nine straightener and within 6 months it was dead. One day just didn’t turn on. I went back to a ghd which is awesome. I paid top dollar for it as well so that’s a bit disappointing

Bri

Bri

MUST HAVE

THIS IS A MUST HAVE FOR ALL WOMEN!! I found that my previous expensive hair straighteners didn't provide the best results. The cloud nine is super easy to use and shows the best results! Heats up super fast which I love. Have used this nearly every day for 2 years and it still works perfect!

Find out how Cloud Nine Original Iron compares to other Hair Straighteners

Disappointed that did not work just after just a year

I bought two cloud 9 original irons at the same time. Do not get me wrong it worked perfect. However, the first one broke just before my year guarantee and they sent me a new one. The second one broke just after my warranty and I was really disappointed that both irons was faulty just before and after the warranty. It is costly to replace and I cannot afford to purchase one every year.

Cannot fault this company!

So happy with how much better quality they are than GHD! Found that my old GHDs didn't warm up anymore after they changed the product design. My straighteners were unfortunately faulty after around 5 months, but Cloud Nine sent me a replacement which came within 2 days with no hassle whatsoever! Amazing customer service and such amazing straighteners that tame my hair like no other has ever been able to do!

Sarah

Sarah

The new GHD

For many people growing up in the early 2000s, the GHD was the premier straightening iron. I heard a rumour that the inventor of the GHD sold his shares and created Cloud Nine which is no surprise. While the GHD has floundered in the past few years, this straightening iron is amazing! So easy to use and I love being able to adjust the temperature- great for already damaged hair!

wanna

wannaMelbourne

This looks so nice and easy to use

I bought this basically because of how it looks as this thing is all black and unlike the other one which has a big logo on it. and this is really easy to use which is suitable for people who are lazy.
It will not snag your hair when use this straightener and it heats up really quickly, you can basically just heat it up and go to brush teeth, after that, your straightener is ready for you!
And it is easy to store

Lucy

LucyBirmingham

Poor product for the price.

Michelle J

Michelle JAU

Love my cloud nine

Best straightener I've ever used - heats up quick and glides through hair! Curls easily and never feels like it is frying my hair, love that you can control the temperature to suit. Highly recommend!

Britt

Britt

Best hair straightener ever!

I got the cloud 9 for my birthday and I absolutley love it! It straightens my hair without making my hair go all frizzy! Especially being such thin hair!

Jade

JadeGold coast

The best hair straightener!

I love my cloud nine, I originally bought the wide iron but wasn’t so happy with its curling ability. I like to use my straightener for curls and so the original size is way better and creates perfect straight hair and curls! Never had any issues so far and love that the heat setting can be changed. Feels like a quality straightener and love the extra clips, combs & brush that came with my limited edition pack!

2nd Pair Faulty - won't replace

Bought cloud 9 touch in June 2016 by march 2017 they had gone faulty constant beeping, so sent them off they so could not be fixed, so they kindly sent me a new pair which today have gone faulty sparking under the plate and constant beeping, I have contacted them and I have to buy a new pair! Had they repaired the first pair my warranty would have re-started the warranty from when they fixed them but because they sent me a new pair the warranty just continues so I am six days over warranty. I don't think it is right that 2 pairs have only lasted just 2 years, they are fantastic straighteners but would not recommend you buy as these don't last!!

Laura S

Laura SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wouldn’t use another

My hair is super super thick! This is the only one which works well for me. I have never had my hair snag while using it. I have had two in the last 5 Years as the first one died after two and a half years (may have been my fault I dropped it a few times), in between I brought a different one and the difference was insane. It heats up really fast and people constantly tell me they like my hair!

Dan

DanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

My wife loves it

This replaced my wife's old GHD straightener. It heats up insanely fast and feels like a premium product. It's too early to talk about longevity but the quality seems good so far. The carry pouch and plastic sleeve are a nice touch.

See all Cloud Nine Original Iron reviews

Shonz

Shonzasked

No response from Cloud 9 Customer service, except receipt of my enquiry, as below:
Subject: Not getting a good result
Hello! I purchased your wide iron through ry.com.au, after glowing recommendations from two hair dressers and reading reviews online. I have wavy red hair that is quite thick, which I condition well and use a heat protector, I normally blow dry my hair straight with a round pig bristle brush (and Parlux dryer) and then smooth/lightly straighten with a hair straighter for a soft/glossy finish, sometimes when I want a completely straight look I take more time to do so. I have been using a Vidal Sasoon straightener with ceramic plates on 180 degrees for a long time. I was excited to receive your straightener but I am having trouble achieving the result I want/had previously with my old straightner and need advice. I have not changed anything with my product routine but I am finding the new wide iron is making my hair appear stiff and dull rather than smoothed/straightened on 150 degrees, any higher a setting I find my hair smells a little 'toasty' - that slightly too hot smell. The iron heats up very quickly and glides through my hair beautifully and I love that it is so light to handle. I am wondering if there is something wrong with the iron or if I am doing something incorrect or if I should have perhaps bought the normal width iron for my hair? My first ever iron was a wide model and I had no problems with results. I have gone back to my old straightening iron until I can figure out what the problem is. I look forward to your response

Gemma

Gemmaasked

Where can I get my cloud 9 hair straightener fixed? An alarm is going off and I think I saw sparks going off inside it

Nina L.

Nina L.asked

Whats the average lifespan of the C9m My ghd lasted me 8 years. looking for a replacement

The Cloud Nine Original Iron’s $340 price point leads to high expectations. But do its offerings of mineral-infused heating plates, adjustable temperature settings and efficient straightening make it worthwhile?

For over half of reviewers who awarded the Cloud Nine either 4 or 5 stars, the premium price of this hair straightener made it worth it, as it offered top performance and kept on going issue-free for a number of years.

Features:

• Variable temperature settings ranging from 100-200 degrees help prevent hair damage
  • Ceramic heating plates are infused with the mineral Sericite, which Cloud Nine claims ‘seals the hair’s cuticle and locks in moisture for shinier hair’
  • Suitable for hair with a thin to medium thickness (there’s a different wide iron that works on thick, wavy hair)
  • Heats up within 20 seconds

What reviewers liked about the Cloud Nine Original Iron:

• The variable speed settings, as they offered control over the amount of heat applied to hair
  • It didn’t damage hair and instead left it looking silky and feeling soft
  • While this is an expensive choice of hair straightener at $340, users appreciated the longevity of the Cloud Nine Original Iron, with multiple reviewers owning their model for 5+ years and stating that its performance was on par with their old ghd - if not better

What reviewers didn’t like about this hair straightener:

• A number of reviewers dated 1-3 years ago experienced issues with some of these straighteners, including the unit releasing smoke, make buzzing/ crackling and beeping sounds, and overheating. There may well have been a dodgy batch of these straighteners produced. However there have been no similar reports within the last year, so hopefully the company has rectified the problem-causing models.
CategoryHair Straighteners