Cloud Nine Original Iron

Cloud Nine Original Iron (page 4 of 19)

• Hair Length Short (3), Medium (13) and Long (11)
  • Hair Style Straight (2), Wavy (18) and Curly (7)
  • Straightening Time 15.348 minutes
  • Hair Care
Paris H.
Paris H.

Beautiful

My mother is a hairdresser and she put me into these straightening irons. They look really slick and nice and they heat up straight away. I find they straighten my hair a lot faster than most other straighteners and you don’t have to run them over the same strand continuously to get it straight. Not only that but after use it also makes your hair feel really soft

Taylor
Taylor

Excellent at Straightening Curls

I bought this after using a Remington one for a long time and definitely noticed a difference in how my hair stayed straight for a lot longer than my old straightener. I would have to go over and over the same part of hair to get it dead straight, whereas this was quicker and easier to get it to that point. The price point is a bit rough and I have had a few issues with mine turning itself off when I'm in the middle of using it to straighten my whole head of hair, but other than that, I like that there are multiple heat settings and the curls you can get from using this instead of an actual curler are amazing!

Alexandra
AlexandraSydney

Best hair straightener I've ever had

My first Cloud 9 lasted 10 years and when it finally broke, I went out and bought the exact same one. 4 years on this one and still going strong.

Tash
TashMelbourne

Excellent Hair Straightener for Curly Hair

Love this product. Is almost identical in build quality to my original GHD (15 years or so ago) before they sold out and started making crap.
I have very curly dry and unruly hair, this is the only straightener that makes it soft and bouncy without drying it out.
I've owned it for 4 years now and it's still going strong.

Grace
Grace

Love this.

love my cloud 9! My first straighter was a GHD. I love the heat in the iron ansd its great for thick hair. I would like the heat hotter. I like the thicker iron betterr.

SLD
SLDMelbourne

10 Days and then they broke!!

Rox
Rox

I actually can't go without this item. My hair is maniac bushy and Cloud9 original is by far one if

Maybe a little hotter? But nope I love it. No complaints really from myself regarding this item. I would definitely buy another in the future if this one ever breaks down... which it wont lol

Alicia
AliciaBalwyn

Better than GHD

I loveeeee my cloud 9! My first straighter was a GHD, this was good and lasted me a long time, however once it died I replaced with a current GHD, worst decision. I learnt about cloud 9 and quickly replaced my crap GHD. My hair feels softer and looks more shiny using my cloud 9

Brit
BritAyr

Good but not worth the price

Love this hair straightener i have had mine for approximately a yead now. I purchased mine when it was $330. Definitely NOT worth that price. Good hair straightener overall though- it turns off when its been left on too long.

Christine
ChristineSydney, NSW

Quality product

I really wanted to purchase a hair straightener but not a ghd after the company refused to return the ghd curve which was completely unsatisfactory for my hair. I came across the Cloud product in a day spa and was thrilled with the result. The Cloud hair straightener is awesome.

Email.F
Email.FSouth East Queensland, QLD

Reliable

I bought the Cloud 9 after two GHD’s failed on me after only two years. Going on five years now since I purchased the Cloud 9 and I am very happy with it. Heats up fast with adjustable heat setting up to over 200 degrees. Also has a really long cord which is super helpful. I have used this iron twice a week for years, dropped it a bunch of times, taken it travelling and it’s still kicking on. Would recommend above all other brands.

Peejay
PeejayGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Handy for short hair

I’ve never had an iron before and was a bit apprehensive..but found it easy to use. My hair was lovely and smooth and I’m most impressed. Heating up only takes a minute or so. Cools down fast also. Would recommend,

REDD
REDDMelbourne

Great investment for fizz free hair!

So we had a GHD mini and as my hair grew longer and after much research I opted for a Cloud Nine Original. And I am so happy I did. I particularly like the head control which is very handy. It is easy to use and heats up in no time. It leaves my normally very fuzzy hair smooth shiny and straight. I bought it direct from Cloud Nine online which was cheaper than buying it from a retailer. Very happy!

Zoe
ZoeBalwyn

Amazing!!

Just got this straightener and it's by far the best one I have ever had, even better than a GHD. I find GHDs pull and rip my hair but the Cloud Nine is soooo smoth and easy to use. Glides through my hair and it's super straight really quickly. Love it!

Kym
KymSouth East Queensland, QLD

ADORE THIS!!!

Yes, I used all caps. Why? Because I love love love it! I bought the smallest sized one, as I travel a lot and can't afford the space a larger one takes up. I've used GHDs before and am never going back.

Brigitte van rhyn
Brigitte van rhynasked

My cloud nine is overheating? What could the problem???

Shonz
Shonzasked

No response from Cloud 9 Customer service, except receipt of my enquiry, as below:
Subject: Not getting a good result
Hello! I purchased your wide iron through ry.com.au, after glowing recommendations from two hair dressers and reading reviews online. I have wavy red hair that is quite thick, which I condition well and use a heat protector, I normally blow dry my hair straight with a round pig bristle brush (and Parlux dryer) and then smooth/lightly straighten with a hair straighter for a soft/glossy finish, sometimes when I want a completely straight look I take more time to do so. I have been using a Vidal Sasoon straightener with ceramic plates on 180 degrees for a long time. I was excited to receive your straightener but I am having trouble achieving the result I want/had previously with my old straightner and need advice. I have not changed anything with my product routine but I am finding the new wide iron is making my hair appear stiff and dull rather than smoothed/straightened on 150 degrees, any higher a setting I find my hair smells a little 'toasty' - that slightly too hot smell. The iron heats up very quickly and glides through my hair beautifully and I love that it is so light to handle. I am wondering if there is something wrong with the iron or if I am doing something incorrect or if I should have perhaps bought the normal width iron for my hair? My first ever iron was a wide model and I had no problems with results. I have gone back to my old straightening iron until I can figure out what the problem is. I look forward to your response

Gemma
Gemmaasked

Where can I get my cloud 9 hair straightener fixed? An alarm is going off and I think I saw sparks going off inside it

See all Cloud Nine Original Iron questions

The Cloud Nine Original Iron’s $340 price point leads to high expectations. But do its offerings of mineral-infused heating plates, adjustable temperature settings and efficient straightening make it worthwhile?

For over half of reviewers who awarded the Cloud Nine either 4 or 5 stars, the premium price of this hair straightener made it worth it, as it offered top performance and kept on going issue-free for a number of years.

Features:

• Variable temperature settings ranging from 100-200 degrees help prevent hair damage
  • Ceramic heating plates are infused with the mineral Sericite, which Cloud Nine claims ‘seals the hair’s cuticle and locks in moisture for shinier hair’
  • Suitable for hair with a thin to medium thickness (there’s a different wide iron that works on thick, wavy hair)
  • Heats up within 20 seconds

What reviewers liked about the Cloud Nine Original Iron:

• The variable speed settings, as they offered control over the amount of heat applied to hair
  • It didn’t damage hair and instead left it looking silky and feeling soft
  • While this is an expensive choice of hair straightener at $340, users appreciated the longevity of the Cloud Nine Original Iron, with multiple reviewers owning their model for 5+ years and stating that its performance was on par with their old ghd - if not better

What reviewers didn’t like about this hair straightener:

• A number of reviewers dated 1-3 years ago experienced issues with some of these straighteners, including the unit releasing smoke, make buzzing/ crackling and beeping sounds, and overheating. There may well have been a dodgy batch of these straighteners produced. However there have been no similar reports within the last year, so hopefully the company has rectified the problem-causing models.
CategoryHair Straighteners